• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dr. Namba's VA, Ichirō Nagai, passes away

Flynn

Reaction score
Source. News reports say Ichirō Nagai was found unconscious in his hotel room, was rushed to the hospital and was pronounced dead afterwards. He was 82. His only role on Pokemon was Dr. Namba, as far as I know, who regularly commanded Yamato and Kosaburo to do his bidding. While he didn't appear too often in the main anime, he was a regular on Pokemon Chronicles.

...I guess that's the end of him.

I wanted Butch & Cassidy to show up without that stupid running gag about his name, but I didn't want it to be because of something like this :bawl:

I wanted Butch & Cassidy to show up without that stupid running gag about his name, but I didn't want it to be because of something like this :bawl:

They're not going to remove a character from the anime because their voice actor passed away, as it has been shown several times in the show. However, the main point is that a life was lost and respects should be paid.
Rest in Peace.

I don't watch the anime, but that is so sad to hear. :c I'm sure he did his job very well. R.I.P sir Ichirō Nagai. You'll be missed. :)

Giovanni's original voice actor in the Japanese Version passed away too, y'know, and he's still in the show (and in fact had more presence after the fact ironically), so I don't think this means Dr. Namba will be written out.

Then again, he hasn't appeared since, like, the Pokemon Sunday specials, so I don't think we'll see him again since he was a minor character and not actually a prominent part of the canon.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom