• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dream Guard: Shadow of Discord *Me and Master Mew!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Elements of Harmony are the most powerful magic in our world," explained Twilight. "Each of us six are the embodiment of one of the Elements, I'm Magic," she explained. "We can only get them to work if all six of us are together, because they're powered by the friendship we share," she continued, then gave a sigh. "Without them, we can't beat Discord, they're the only thing strong enough to defeat him..."

"And Discord?" asked Tsukasa.

"He's the Spirit of Disharmony," replied Twilight, givign a snarl at Discord's mention. "He ruled Equestria 1000 years ago as a chaotic and terrible place, until the Princesses, Celestia and Luna, used the Elements of Harmony to seal him away in stone. He escaped a short while ago and...well nothing has gone our way sense then, even when we got back and were about to use the Elements Of Harmony on him again, those...things saved him."

"That's because you were supposed to win," explained Tsukasa. "Those aren't Discord's minions, they're the minions of the Nightmare Emperor. He's the ruler of the Nightmare Realm, who now seeks to conquer the Dream Realm, the multiverse which your world is a part of. To do that, he's uniting all the villains and trying to change the tide of their battles with the heroes."

Twilight sighed. "But how are we supposed to beat Discord? He has the Elements of Harmony and has captured everypony else...he rules Equestria now..."

"I've seen worse worlds, actually," said Tsukaka, seriously. "This one is not beyond help."

Liberty nodded understandingly as she listened to Twilight, taking in every word with careful consideration.

"Is Discord himself a capable foe in battle?" she inquired, "Or does he rely on the sheer size of his forces to maintain power?"

"He can manipulate reality..." said Twilight. "He did all this to our world with ease...but it seems he has a bit more difficulty effecting Ponies than everything else, but he can still use brainwashing... I don't know if he can fight on his own, he never really fought us with more than mind games."

"Well the first thing we need to do is rescue the other Elements Of Harmony," said Tsukasa. "If we do that, we can defeat Discord. They've beat him before."

"Very well," Liberty responded, "Do you know where they have been taken?"

Twilight shook her head sorrowfully, using her horn to float Spike into a small bed one of the other people who traveled with Tsukasa, Natsumi, had placed down. "No, I don't."

"I sent Kiva-la out to do some searching," said Natsumi, giving everyone tea.

"Kiva-la?" asked Twilight, confused.

Suddenly, a tiny, white, bat-like creature flew in through the window and landed on Natsumi's finger. "Glad to meet you," she said, giving a bow. "I am Kiva-la."

Twilight screamed and hid under her chair. She, realizing the humility of that situation, came back out. "Sorry, I'm a bit afraid of bats..."

Liberty raised a bemused eyebrow, now eying the denizens of this peculiar world suspiciously, "Are you quite alright?" she inquired of Twilight.

OOC: They're from Decade's worlds, just to let you know.

Twilight nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine," she muttered, getting back on her chair embarassingly.

Natsumi looked to Kiva-la. "Did you find anything?"

"Well the whole world has gone crazy, so I'm not sure if it's still there," replied the little Kivat. "But I found out where a yellow Pegasus with a pink mane is being held," she reported.

"Fluttershy?" asked Twilight, her ears perking up. "Well, I was hoping to find Rainbow Dash or someone who can fight first, but any of my friends would be a sight for sore eyes right now. And if Discord is using any non-Nightmare related animals for anything, she'll be very useful," she continued, then looked to Liberty. "Fluttershy doesn't fight... At all, but she can calm down nearly any animal in the whole world, even things you'd probably call monsters."

"Well she's being held at the top of a mountain nearby, guarded by some nasty looking Nightmare Army men," explained Kiva-la. "But She's fine for the time being."

OOC: Ah, that makes sense now. :p This is what happens when I'm trying to sort out two franchises I know nothing about. ;-)

Also, how do horses sit in chairs? :p

"Being held captive at the mercy of the Nightmare Army does not sound 'fine' to me," Liberty responded bluntly, "We have no time to lose. If we have no further leads, I suggest we set out now."

"Liberty can fly, so a mountain is easier," said Tsukasa. "But I can't, however, Natsumi's Rider form can fly."

Natsumi nodded. "Alright, but Twilight will need to come."

"Don't worry, I've climbed mountains before... And read books on mountain climbing," said Twilight. "I'll do anything for my friends."

"Alright, so the three of us will go, Tsukasa can stay and see if he can find the others," stated Natsumi, Kiva-la landing on her shoulder.

OOC: I hope you don't mind behaving only one character here, but you could have Tsukasa recrute another RG character while they're gone if you want.

OOC: I wouldn't really feel comfortable playing as anyone else's characters, and Liberty is the only Hero I have - inviting one of my Villains here would likely be disastrous. ;-)

"It's settled, then," Liberty responded brazenly, steeling herself, "Lead on; we have no time to lose..."

Natsumi nodded and lead the trio outside... Then turned into a white furred Pegasus with a blue mane and wings, a picture of Kiva-la imprinted on her flank.

Twilight blinked in surprise. "Uh... You just turned into a Pegasus..."

Natsumi nodded. "People from our world take on a new identity when we enter a new world. Liberty is from a different world, that's why she didn't change," she explained. "Since humans don't exist in your universe, I turned into a pony. After seeing Tsukasa as one, I expected it'd happen," she said, looking herself over. "Alright, Kiva-la, lead the way."

Kiva-la got a good chuckle out of Natsumi's transformation before leading the way towards the mountain.

"In fact, if it weren't for Discord's alterations, we'd already have jobs and roles in your world, it's just how it works," explained Natsumi. "I'm not sure if Liberty is subject to that rule or not, since she hasn't changed into a pony herself here."

OOC: To keep the thread from getting buried; sorry for my inactivity of late. Honestly, I just feel a little lost in between your two franchises, both of which I know very little about. :p

"Thank Penthesilea for that..." Liberty muttered aside to herself, setting off behind Kiva-la.

They soon reached the mountain, which was pretty high as it was. "Alright, Kiva-la, let's go..."

"You don't need to henshin, Natsumi, you've got wings," replied Kiva-la.

Natsumi blinked, looking at her pegasus wings. "Oh... I forgot," she said, flapping her wings and clumsily taking into the air and starting up. Twilight just marched up herself.

"So... Liberty," said Twilight, looking to the superhero. "Mind telling me a bit about yourself?" she asked, it was a long way up and she'd like to talk or something to pass the time.

OOC: Want me to PM you some information on them?

OOC: That would likely be quite helpful, if you get a chance.

"I was born Lyra," she began, her focus shifting upward as she grasped at fleeting memories of her youth, "I do not know who my parents were. I was separated from them as a young girl during the Trojan War. I had fled as my home was destroyed, and was hiding near a stream in the woods when I looked up suddenly and found myself surrounded by warriors. I do not remember much of that day, most of what I do know I was told later by those who were there.

"I had been found by the Amazons, and would have been killed were it not for the swift intervention of their Queen, Penthesilea, who chose to take me for her own, and raise me as her daughter.

"The Amazons are a tribe of warriors, and as the daughter of the Queen, special attention was paid to training me in the art of war. I rose quickly in the ranks, eventual receiving the honor of leading my people into battle against a great evil that threatened to destroy us all. Armed with the relics of my people, which I bear to this day," she gestured briefly to her armor and ceremonial dagger, "I led my sisters into the fray... and they were slaughtered.

She paused for a minute of silent remembrance, a pained expression in her often stoic eyes, before continuing. "Few of us remained, and I felt I had little choice. We feigned surrender, acknowledging the superiority of our foe in battle. We eventually bested her, but by trickery, not might or strength."

Twilight listened as she followed, frowning. "I'm sorry you went through that," she replied, finding it a sad tale. "We've had a few close calls, but nothing like that..." she continued, not knowing how to reply. "But overcoming difficult challenges is something we've had to do again and again, but I think that's just part of being one of the good guys..." she continued, smiling lightly. "I do kind of know what it's like to be raised by royality, kinda. I know my parents, I really love them, but Princess Celestia is the one whose taught me since I was a filly, she's like a mother to me."

Twilight looked up at Liberty. "Princess Celestia is one of the two rulers of this world, with her younger sister Luna. They're very powerful beings, they have power over the sun and moon..." she explained, before the sun and moon spontaniously switched again. "Normally... I guess Discord is stronger than even they are..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom