• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dream Team

Murkmire

Vile, Venomous Villain
Reaction score
As the name implies, what would your "Dream Team" of favorite Pokemon be? Think of it as a top six Pokemon.

Mine would be Swampert, Yanmega, Victreebel, Lickilicky, Mismagius, and Weezing. <3

Last edited:
Now see if we're talking about favorites I would say...

1. Gorebyss
2. Masquerain
3. Mawile
4. Swalot
5. Furret
6. Meloetta

Those are my favorite pokemon aesthetically. I would love keeping them as pals/pets.
However if I wanted a team built for strategy and winning... well... that would be tougher to pick simply because I have a lot of favorite teams for battling.

Gyarados, Typhlosion, Flygon, Lilligant, Espeon, Volcarona.

I don't give a damn about competitive stuff.

My dream team needs to be adaptable to the current metagame, and seeing that water, fighting, ground, and steel types are more common followed by weather, I'll go with this team:

Torterra, Charizard, Samurott, Alakazam, Terrakion, Genesect.

1. Pidgeot
2. Kadabra
3. Typhlosion
4. Muk
5. Umbreon
6. Dragonair

I already have some great competitive teams with the Pokemon I like, but my favourite type is Dragon and always wanted to have an all Dragon team:

Kingdra
Haxorus
Dragonite
Latios
Latias
Rayquaza

I have all these Pokemon, but they are split in different competitive teams and I can't really use Rayquaza for obvious reasons. The main reason why I haven't made my dream team is because of the obvious Ice/Dragon weakness.

Although I did fight against a Japanese pro with a mono Dragon team, so if I came up with the right strategy bar Rayquaza it could possibly work competitively.

Blade|Sceptile:It has always been my fav pokemon other than darkrai
Leaf Blade
Leaf Storm
Dragon Claw
X-Scissor

Sky|Swellow:Swellow are awsome
Aerial Ace
Air Slash
Giga Impact
Fly

Blaze|Thyplosion:Came from my SoulSilver Team
Flamethrower
Eruption
Shadow Claw
Rollout

Ryuu|Dragonite:I like Psuedo's
Ice Beam
Draco Meteor
Flamethrower
Outrage

Freeze|Weavile:Fast Killers
Ice Punch
Night Slash
Brick Break
Poison Jab

Kira|Darkrai:Duh Im a Darkrai FAN
Dark Pulse
Shock Wave
Dark Void
Ice Beam

Last edited:
oh really really difficult.
1.ariados
2.umbreon
3.leavanny
4. krookodile
5.serperior
6.is so hard to pick but i think shedinja

I've put a LOT of thought into what my team would be if I were a Trainer.

1. Trinity | Espeon | Female - Trinity is my first Pokemon, recieved as an Eevee. The two of us are like Ash and Pikachu, and she always stays out of her Poke Ball.
2. Seph | Serperior | Female - Caught as a Snivy, Seph is mischievous and loves causing trouble.
3. Blitz | Quilava | Male - Hatched from an egg, Blitz is the baby of the group.
4. Cecil | Buizel | Male - Stubborn Cecil always has to have his way.
5. Arya | Mightyena | Female - Soft and gentle, Arya was caught as a Poochyena and took her time evolving.
6. Snap | Flygon | Male - Tough and loves to battle, the powerhouse of the group.

Ooh my... There are so many cool and cute Pokemon out there. If I had a final team of 6...hm, maybe these six. As a Top 6 Favorite Pokemon as of right now.

1) Darkrai, without a doubt. My favorite Pokemon, and the ONLY Pokemon I have a fan-crush on. Yeah. Scarily powerful, but his backstory makes him quite sympathetic. It's my dream to randomly fish a shiny nicknamed Darkrai off of the GTS.

2) Mewtwo. A lot of legendary Pokemon really atand out in coolness, and Mewtwo is no exception. I'd never have a Darkrai in the party without Mewtwo close by. OutcastShipping ftw I always feel invincible when I battle with Mewtwo.

3) Electrode, my second favorite Pokemon. This goofball is very cute, and his BW sprite is the best sprite out there. He may not be very useful in competitive circles, but I'll always remember the life-saving Rain Dance + Thunder from my Electrode in Stadium 2.

4) Gallade, who is quite cool! Blades below the shoulder, always nice. I initially disliked him because he furthered the "durhur all gardevoir are female" stereotype. But after using him in one team, and proving his worth beyond belief, he became a fave. I'd want him on THE team.

5) Zorua, one of the cutest prevos ever. Illusion is a very useful ability, and it's fun to trick opponents (humans and AI) with it. Even when they catch on, I can always switch him out, saving him to fool other people again. Much fun, I'd love to do it in real life.

6) Riolu, last but not least. The cutest baby Pokemon ever, and the Pokemon I used for Mystery Dungeon Sky. Words can't describe what a badass this baby can be in Little Cup, though. He's won me a lot of matches. But in a Dream Team, he'd more likely be a pet.

1. Serperior
2. Haxorus
3. Hydreigon
4. Jellicent
5. Metagross
6. Conkeldurr

Espeon
Umbreon
Glaceon
Hydreigon
Rayquaza
Rapidash

Why? Well, they all look fantabulouly cute and huggable. they all excell in the combat type they have, and this is my actual team on Black :p

I'm ashamed of you all. This is the most obvious team:

Stunfisk
Stunfisk
Stunfisk
Stunfisk
Stunfisk
Stunfisk

I'd go with:

1. Furret
2. Blastoise
3. Leafeon
4. Luxio (the evolution is just terrible, sorry)
5. Aerodactyl
6. Haunter (Alas, Gengar just isn't as cool)

Magikarp
Magikarp
Magikarp
Magikarp
Magikarp
Arceus

Last edited:
mine would be
Togekiss
With Air Slash,Aura sphere,Roost,and Nasty Plot
Blaziken
with Blaze kick,Thunder punch,Sky Uppercut(thats super fun to say),and Overheat
Empoleon
With Hydro Cannon,Hydro Pump,Flash Cannon, and Ice Beam
Dodrio
(mainly for transportation,and rarely used in battle)With Agility, Drill Peck,Quick attack,and Endeavor
Crobat
With Heat wave,Sludge bomb, Hypnosis,and Confuse Ray
Vaporeon
With Ice Beam, Hydro pump,Double team,and Aqua Ring

My most used and default team on White:

Athena, My Serperior
Asmita, My Uxie
Loki, My Zoroark
Yamamoto, My Samurott
Skyknight, My Braviary
Lumina, My Chandelure

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom