• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DS Lite power issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

inverness

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago my DS Lite, which has heretofore not given me any problems suddenly started acting up. It won't turn off or on unless I flick the power switch rather violently, and it will intermittently turn itself on or off, even when the shell is closed.

The DS is about two years old, but like I said, I've yet to have any issues, and I'm pretty careful with my stuff, so other than the occasional drop, it's been well taken care of. Any ideas?

Nope. I actually hadn't touched my DS for probably over a month (always stored in a padded case on my shelf or desk), and the last time I played it a couple of weeks ago, I just sat down and did an Elite Four run in SS, without any issues. I set it down on my desk, and the next day I noticed the light was blinking, as if I had put it to sleep, though I knew I'd turned it off. That's when I discovered the problem.

When was the last time it was dropped? If it was recent, it may have damaged the circuit board or the something. My cousin had the same problem with his Lite.

Several months ago, at least. I haven't played it too much since the summer. I've got White on pre-order, and I really hope I don't have to buy a new DS just to play it.

Hmm...

I had a similar problem when I hadn't played my PSP for a few months.

What I did was put it on the charger.

Then I put it away for a week or so.

In a week, I turned it on, and it worked.

I am not sure what happened, but I think it got moisture in it, because it was in my drawer.

I would recommend keeping it in a dry, cool place while it charges as well.

Weird. Well, I'll give it a shot.

Thanks for the info guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom