• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dub Voice Actor Guesses/Discussion (older seasons)

Bulbapedia still credits Eric Stuart as the Magikarp Salesman in that episode.
As does BTVA, but it doesn't sound much like Eric Stuart though is what's weird: Butch does, however. Anthony Salerno had no idea what he was doing there, if it is Stuart, why does he sound so different from the Anime dub in Hoenn at the same time this was recorded? Someone needs to ask Eric if that's him in Chronicles sometime, to confirm, it's down to poor vocal direction if so (the Chronicles team is so awful compared to the Anime team in the original dub Era, might explain why). The only trace of Stuart I can hear a bit is in "Pretty lively, isn't it?" but then it sounded like from Maddie Blaustein as Grandpa when he says "Golden eggs" as well as "Magikarp I caught!" in the Yu-Gi-Oh dub on other lines.

There's been suspicions that Bill Rogers wasn't DP Magikarp Salesman and it was David Lapkin as well, but I think that is Bill Rogers there on the other hand and he's likely credited correctly on Bulbapedia and BTVA.

@HylianBelmont I defer to you on this one since you know the NY VA talent pool well, let us know who you think Chronicles dub Magikarp Salesman is-- I feel like this credit could be mistaken, but not sure.

Last edited:
Bulbapedia still credits Eric Stuart as the Magikarp Salesman in that episode.
Bulbapedia has a lot of... dubious at best voice actor credits for the older seasons, which is part of why I started this thread. They weren't as strict with citations for voice actors in the past so a lot of misinformation has slipped through the cracks over the years. Unfortunately a reliable source is needed to correct the information, and while it's possible to remove unsourced information, given the chance that it's actually accurate it would have to be "re"proven if removed.

There's been suspicions that Bill Rogers wasn't DP Magikarp Salesman and it was David Lapkin as well, but I think that is Bill Rogers there on the other hand and he's likely credited correctly on Bulbapedia and BTVA.
http://website.everythinggeekpodcast.com/egp/new-guest-announcement-david-lapkin/
No, it actually was David Lapkin under a pseudonym ("Clyde Hunter"). He confirmed it when he was being interviewed for a podcast a while back.

Bulbapedia has a lot of... dubious at best voice actor credits for the older seasons, which is part of why I started this thread. They weren't as strict with citations for voice actors in the past so a lot of misinformation has slipped through the cracks over the years. Unfortunately a reliable source is needed to correct the information, and while it's possible to remove unsourced information, given the chance that it's actually accurate it would have to be "re"proven if removed.

http://website.everythinggeekpodcast.com/egp/new-guest-announcement-david-lapkin/
No, it actually was David Lapkin under a pseudonym ("Clyde Hunter"). He confirmed it when he was being interviewed for a podcast a while back.

Interesting, so BTVA needs to update the DP Magikarp Salesman to David Lapkin then, as does Bulbapedia: thanks for this update!

The Chronicles Magikarp dub Salesman feels like it could be Maddie Blaustein, I can hear faint traces of Stuart's later James made decrepit but I hear a lot more of Sugoroku Muto from the Yu-Gi-Oh dub on him-- have nothing to go on, though, but HylianBelmont might be able to help since he's pretty good about spotting the NY talent. If it's indeed Stuart, then it comes down to Salerno not directing him properly, though (Eric doesn't reply to direct Tweets often, but IIRC he might to Facebook messages- we'll see, though, he might).

He either has 2 dub VAs from each English version if this ends up the case (Eric Stuart from OS-AG main Anime, Maddie Blaustein MAYBE??? in Chronicles, David Lapkin in DP, then Tom Wayland in BW), for a total of 4...or 3 w/Stuart being directed to use the same voice in the main Anime by Dunstan & Haigney respectively, whereas Salerno likely told him to do something wildly different in Chronicles (much prefer Stuart's main Series dub voice for him if it is him, my god Anthony...).

Last edited:
So I talked with BigDocFan and Tara Sands isn't Benny Demario's VA and isn't even credited

the vas credited in the episode are
James Carter Cathcart
Dan Green
Britton Herring
Matt Hoverman
Matthew J. Nichols
Mike Pollock
Lidnsay Sullivan (Warner)
Kerry Williams

Now I think Lindsay Warner is Benny's VA since Kerry never voiced a boy, but we can't get confirmation since Lindsay doesn't even have a photo

Does "Kathy Borland" from the 4kids days still work on the pokemon franchise?

You mean Kathy Plion?
Yeah I think so

I think she's long gone. Besides being the VD for Masters EX, and work on the Path to the Peak Webseries.
If she's working on Masters then that means she's very much still doing stuff for the franchise but for Bang-Zoom now.

She just recently is the voice director for Detective Pikachu Returns which came out today as well.

So… who is Jenny’s sixth actress? pocketmonsters.net claims it’s Emily Bauer but that info isn’t on bulbapedia so I guess it’s just a process of elimination type deal

No I mean BW
For the Unova series there's two different VA's for Officer Jenny.

Emily Bauer voiced her for most of it up until around the last couple of episodes of Adventures in Unova and Beyond (around the N arc) with Lipica Shah voicing her instead.

Bulbagarden and BTVA for example seems to only list Lipica Shah voicing her when that's not true up until those episodes and even then she was only in Episodes 51 and 52 as a referee before that season.

With Journeys though it is most definitely Emily Bauer throughout the whole of the series.

Last edited:
For the Unova series there's two different VA's for Officer Jenny.

Emily Bauer voiced her for most of it up until around the last couple of episodes of Adventures in Unova and Beyond (around the N arc) with Lipica Shah voicing her instead.

Bulbagarden and BTVA for example seems to only list Lipica Shah voicing her when that's not true up until those episodes and even then she was only in Episodes 51 and 52 as a referee before that season.

With Journeys though it is most definitely Emily Bauer throughout the whole of the series.
Well that’s interesting, Bulbapedia lists a unknown actress from BW006 to BW101

Well that’s interesting, Bulbapedia lists a unknown actress from BW006 to BW101
Seems like Emily Bauer (as Emily Jenness) was originally listed as voicing Officer Jenny on Bulbapedia (Bulbapedia was less strict about VAs needing to be confirmed at the time), then at some point it got "corrected" to Lipica Shah since she took over towards the end and someone didn't realize it was a different VA at first, then when they did realize the original BW VA was just listed as "unknown" since at that point they needed actual confirmation that it was Emily Bauer at first in that series and were unable to get it (even though I and a lot of other people are certain it was her).

Back
Top Bottom