• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dub Voice Actor Guesses/Discussion

Was that said by any official source?
It hasn't been, I'm just speculating as she's the voice director. The logical assumption would be that the voice director per se, would be in charge of assigning voices to the Pokemon like humans but it might not be her & a mandate from TPCi or SDI Iyuno to do so too...we don't know.

Maybe they just don't realize it alot of the time it was kept from Japan?
Probably. These are interesting pages now, at any rate:

Can we be sure that Lisa is the one who decides which Pokemon get dubbed

There’s no source confirming that she is the one who makes that decision. But ever since she took over the role of Voice Director, that’s when we started to see a lot of Pokemon getting a dub voice including ones that previously were kept undubbed.

Pretty much every new Pokemon from Gen 7 onwards has gotten a dub voice, excluding the box art legendaries.

There’s no source confirming that she is the one who makes that decision. But ever since she took over the role of Voice Director, that’s when we started to see a lot of Pokemon getting a dub voice including ones that previously were kept undubbed.

Pretty much every new Pokemon from Gen 7 onwards has gotten a dub voice, excluding the box art legendaries.
I think it started just before Lisa took over, Skitty and Delcatty were dubbed under Theresa Buchheister just to name 2

I think it started just before Lisa took over, Skitty and Delcatty were dubbed under Theresa Buchheister just to name 2
Interesting: I know Skitty kept its Japanese voice in the 4Kids Era (believe it or not, it's Japanese Jessie aka Musashi, Megumi Hayashibara who did the role), but I can't recall if Delcatty was dubbed over or not back then.

This week it's Team Rocket's last hurrah (episode focus wise anyway) as they round up nearly all of their mons (including Mike Liscio, Megan Hollingshead, Daman Mills and Michele Knotz to name a few) in an attempt to finally get Pikachu once and for all. Will they succeed in their plans?

Ted Lewis voices Giovanni one more time and SungWon Cho makes his main anime debut as well, probably voicing one of the TR Pokémon.
They got my boy ProZD in this one!? Really impressed with this! I hope this is a sign to come for the HZ dub.

Is this the second time now a major Pokémon has received a dub voice in the TPCi Era that kept its Japanese voice throughout in the 4Kids Era in the JN dub? Bayleef was the first, Arbok is the second?
Dedenne was dubbed over in Journeys by Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld, replacing Mika Kanai's voice that was kept from Japanese in XY/XYZ.

Dedenne was dubbed over in Journeys by Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld, replacing Mika Kanai's voice that was kept from Japanese in XY/XYZ.
True, but 4Kids didn't get past Gen 3 to clarify and only dubbed some Gen 4 Pokemon per se, so Dedenne didn't exist back then to clarify my question- interesting that they started dubbing over even Pokémon that kept their voices in the XY dub now- wow!

This week it's Team Rocket's last hurrah (episode focus wise anyway) as they round up nearly all of their mons (including Mike Liscio, Megan Hollingshead, Daman Mills and Michele Knotz to name a few) in an attempt to finally get Pikachu once and for all. Will they succeed in their plans?

Ted Lewis voices Giovanni one more time and SungWon Cho makes his main anime debut as well, probably voicing one of the TR Pokémon.
wait... THE SungWon Cho?! Wow!

True, but 4Kids didn't get past Gen 3 to clarify and only dubbed some Gen 4 Pokemon per se, so Dedenne didn't exist back then to clarify my question- interesting that they started dubbing over even Pokémon that kept their voices in the XY dub now- wow!
Since Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld voiced Dedenne in Journeys I wonder if that was so it and Bonnie could have the same voice actor, a sort of cute thing like that.

I mean, they've had antfish (Anthony Sardinha) as a random referee in the XY dub, so that's interesting (Kaggy aka Saab has become a pretty big VA, too).
It's only a matter of time before YongYea makes his Pokemon anime debut (He's a Youtuber who's hitting it big as a VA too!)

ProZD has been doing professional voice acting for several years now so it's not too surprising he'd show up here, but it's still great to see. He's really funny and a super talented voice actor. I've been a fan of his work ever since he was doing voice impressions on Tumblr 10+ years ago so it's always a treat to see his name pop up in games or shows I like.

Back
Top Bottom