• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DVD Box Set releases?

sonic10158

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME
Reaction score
Ok, I am big fan of the anime, so I decided to start purchasing the DVDs for the anime. But WTF?? Why is Viz Media, or whichever company controls this kind of stuff, refusing to release seasons 3, 4, 7, 8, and Pokemon Chronicles on DVD Box Sets?? I would love to own the whole anime one day, but that seems like a dream which will never come true :mad: :complain:

Does anyone think they (Viz or whoever) will or does anyone feel the way I do?

Me too. I also wish they'd release those seasons. I need them for my collection.

I don't understand why they haven't released boxsets for season 3, 4, 7, and 8. It's kinda weird...

However, there are individual DVD volumes for seasons 7 and 8. And they're pretty easy to find. But, DVD volumes for seasons 3 and 4 are incredibly rare. I heard that season 3 and 4 DVDs were discontinued. D:

That's not the point. They're old. They need to rerelease them.

I'm with the idea

All of Johto and Hoenn is already on DVD, just not in boxset form.

Yeah that's the problem, especially the Johto part. aside from the inconsistencies, it is much more expensive to buy individual discs than two or three box sets. Now, I do have all of season 7's individual discs, after months and months of searching, and I haven't had any luck with discs 3-10 of season 8. plus it's impossible for season 3 & 4 because I refuse to pay $100 for 3 episodes of it

Kanto and Orange Islands were likely re-released for nostalgia purposes. They know there are people who would buy those seasons simply cause of nostalgia.

If you're looking for a comprehensive DVD release, you could make a $30-$40 investment in a regionless/region 4 DVD player and import the Australian box sets. They're $50 a pop and aren't missing any non-banned episodes. Otherwise, you're stuck either waiting for Viz to take DVD releases of older episodes seriously, or hunting for the elusive Johto discs.

Can't help you with Chronicles, though.

wow it's weird how usa are so behind in box sets with only kanto and johto out on the market

in australia we have every season up to 8 and next month were getting battle frontier and diamond and pearl box set

Chronicles was available at one point in the UK. You could get them either as a box set, or as three separate volumes. I don't know if they're still in print, though you probably could get them relatively cheaply second hand. You will, however, need a dvd player that can play Region 2 dvds.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom