• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

E3 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
seeing as how E3 is only half a month away, I thought now would be a good time to post this as how the "leaks" all come up around this point as well. What are your E3 hopes? Anything you don't want to see? Anything confirmed you're hyped for (Rage 2, Kingdom Hearts 3, Smash 5)?
TLDR: all E3 discussion goes here.

I have no idea what to expect. I'm taking courses over the summer, so I'm likely to miss all the fun just like last year.

I hope they put some more DLC in Fire Emblem Warriors, but at the same time I doubt it.

Really not sure what I want from E3 this year, not feeling all that hyped this time. Last few years I've been hyped for Dishonored stuff, and after last year's game I'm 100% certain that series is finished - and also it's too soon for something new even if it wasn't finished. Bloodborne 2 would have been cool, but From are working on whatever Shadows Die Twice is, so that's not happening.

I guess seeing something of Metroid Prime 4? I don't think that's likely either, though. Probably a late 2019 game. Bethesda also has those rumours of the Starfield game, so I guess that might be interesting if it's like a sci-fi space version of Elder Scrolls/Fallout game.

I'm pretty much a blank slate for this year's E3. There's nothing that I'm really excited for off the top of my head, so I'll let the conferences mold my mind with some fun reveals and gameplay.

Edit: Ok, I forgot Cyberpunk 2077 is gonna be there in some form. THAT I am excited for. Oh and there's those teases of another Prey game/DLC. Very excited for that too, Prey was great.

Eh I'm excited for the expected stuff like KH3 and Pokemon. Even Cyperpunk 2077 looks really cool. I usually just have to wait for the actual conference before I know what I'm excited for beside a few main series. I like being surprised like that. Id be super excited if Bioware said anything on the new "live" Dragon Age or if we got some FE news as well.

Though it's unlikely, I'd like some news on the new Pokemon game, whatever it may be. Bloodborne 2 would be fantastic too, but that's even less likely I think. Smash is already going to be there, so no need to worry about that. Just hope they give us meaningful info on it. Besides that, I'm not entirely sure what to expect or hope for this E3. I'm expecting it to be pretty big for Nintendo though.

Smash alone will make me happy, so long as we get to see at least one new character added. I'm sure we'll see some FE Switch news too, which is long past due and I'm excited to see anything at this point. I hope the vampire rumors are true to be honest, it'd be so weird that I'd love to see it, especially since I'm a sucker for vampires and gothic stuff.

My other hopes are that Devil May Cry 5 is real and it gets shown at E3. And that the rumors about it (Dante, Nero, Vergil playable, more emphasis on story, longest game yet, a finale to the "son of Sparda" plotline, etc) are true, 'cause man would that fit exactly what I want from a DMC5.

Sure would be nice to see more of FFVII's remake, but it kinda seems like that game is having development troubles so I doubt we'll see much, if anything.

Oh, the Star Fox rumors! I really hope those are true! A Star Fox racing game with a hub world sounds great, and since I find MK8 kind of boring (it's no Mario Kart Wii, which was so much more chaotic and fun imo), a new racing game would be great. Though the Sonic racing game will be good for that too, and I hope we see some of that at E3 as well. As long as Silver, Shadow, and Jet are playable, that's all I need to know.

Ah right, DMC5 would be a great announcement too. Come to think of it, the people behind DMC have apparently been working on something for a while. I couldn't picture a better time than E3 to finally spill the beans.

I'm mainly interested to hear about what the new Pokémon Switch title is about, more details about the upcoming Smash Bros., and Bethesda's hinted new IP, Starfield, or whatever this big surprise they've got is.

But, honestly, aside from maybe Pokémon, I'm more curious than excited for any of these, as I won't know what to make of any one of them until I at least see some trailers. For the most part, I'm just hoping for some surprises from any or all of these conferences to get hyped about.

I'll just keep it simple and group my hopes (even the ridiculous ones) by company... except EA, Ubi, and Bethesda because I know I won't be paying attention to them.

Nintendo
1) Trailer and/or gameplay for Metroid Prime 4 with a release window (less likely: actual release date).
2) Super Smash Bros. gameplay showing that Switch version is indeed a completely new experience and not just a souped up Smash Wii U. Because I'm still skeptical. It can use the same engine, sure, but make it feel like its own thing. (Unlikely: a Subspace-esque story mode is confirmed.)
3) More details for Dream Friends wave 2 and/or 3 for Kirby Star Allies. (Unlikely: reveal of a true hard/EX mode with a new Ultimate Choice difficulty to boot.)
4) Honestly... as unlikely as it is, I'd much rather see a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Switch unexpectedly revealed than any details on the mysterious Switch project Game Freak is working on. I know I'm going to get flak for this one, but this fandom's getting too rabid with its need for a core Switch game this year. It's as if 2015 never happened... though I imagine USUM being what it is led to this. Pokémon doesn't need to be CoD and get yearly installments. I'd honestly prefer it didn't. I have a tight budget and, even if I'm bad at Smash, I will pick Smash over Pokémon if they're both releasing around the same time.
EDIT: Welp, looks like Let's Go is totally a thing so #4 is mostly out the window. Strongly doubt we're getting PMD. I think TPCi has give up on full-fledged spinoffs in favor of free-to-start games. A damn shame.

Sony
1) Free roaming Spider-Man gameplay, as opposed to the scripted sequence we got last year.
2) Activision showing up to give us gameplay of the Spyro Reignited Trilogy.
3) Those DMC5 rumors being true would be really nice.
4) Highly unlikely but would love: a new Sly Cooper game. #GetSlyOuttaEgypt

Microsoft
1) Just... confirmation that Crackdown 3 isn't dead. That'd be nice.

Last edited:
I've been stumbling upon so many "E3 leaks" already and it's getting very annoying! As usual, I'm looking forward to the presentations by Square Enix, Sony and Nintendo.

I've always wanted to go to the Playstation E3 Experience, which is going to a selected theater and watching Sony's E3 presentation live surrounded by other excited fans, but the closest location is in NYC. Guess I'll just be viewing on my laptop again!

I'd like to see more of Atlus' Project Re:Fantasy project, like a character trailer for the protagonist or classes. The last two trailers were 5 months ago, so E3 would be a good time to release another one imo. I'm not expecting SMT V since it's probably too early in production for anything other than the initial teaser trailer. Maybe next year, but not right now.
Not really interest in LGPE or Smash, but I'm looking forward to more Kingdom Hearts 3. Maybe Nintendo will also showcase Ys VIII's Switch port.

Last edited:
The thing I'm most excited about is Ghost of Tsushima. I think samurai are super cool and if this game can capture the atmosphere of ancient Japan, I will be very happy. Death Stranding also looks very interesting, I hope to see some gameplay of that game finally. Looking forward to Fire Emblem for the Switch as well!

Well EA was EA.
At least unravel 2 is a thing
Yeah, that reveal and the immediate release was cool. I'm also very happy that FIFA finally got the UCL license after all these years! Other than that it was quite terrible in my opinion. Especially the esports match with that mobile game was painful, as well as the crowd reaction to battle royale in BFV. However, I was pleasantly surprised at the passion shown by the developer for Sea of Soltitude, looks like an interesting game.

So, that Microsoft conference was pretty exciting... and that's coming from someone who's not an Xbox fan and has no plans to buy one. Most of the games aren't for me, but there was a good selection. And, if the mods would permit me to fanboy for a minute here...

ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh devil may cry 5 is real and there was nero and good dante and it's actualy happening and it's a real thing and could be out right around the time of bayonetta 3, too, and that's just so good and i've been waiting so long it's been 3000 years etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom