• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

E3 Nintendo Treehouse Discussion

Elio and Selene the new names for the playable characters?

Usually, the names that we see in prerelease material are just prototypes. Blair/Whitlea, Xavier/Yvonne, etc.

Battle Royale is gonna be crazy! I'm wondering how "hit everything moves are gonna look. Really loving what I'm seeing so far. Yeah, off the fence I wanna see where they go with this. (Keeping a few cans of haterade though).

Yup, Yungoos is a Normal-type. Woodpecker basis for Pikipek looks good as well.

The big interface thing is that it now tells you if moves are super-effective, if you've ever fought this pokemon before. A bit hand-holdy.

Guys I think the lack of high psysical attack or defence is the most important sign that the typing leaks are not true.

Not really, while Fighting is more physically inclined, we're not without special attackers within the type, Keldeo is a good example of that.

Speaking of stats though, it seems the speed tier goes Litten>Rowlet>Popplio, so Litten will be the fast one, Rowlet's in the middle, and Popplio's the bulky one.

Well that was awesome, I'm glad we now have Yungoos and Pikipek to pick apart.. no pun intended.

Everything looks great and I was sceptical before of the battle animations ect, but now seeing this it gives me more hope and excitement to play it!

The big interface thing is that it now tells you if moves are super-effective, if you've ever fought this pokemon before. A bit hand-holdy.

I hope Yungoose doesn't become the next "worker" Pokemon I use for using HM's. He actually looks fun. Pikipek looks awesome, I just hope it isn't just cute.

I love it - it prevents people from having to memorize all type combination effectiveness and the type of each Pokemon.

Popplio learns Disarming Voice. Fairy confirmed? also disproves the "leak" i guess.

I wonder if the final evo for Popplio will be water/fairy?

It is more possible now, taking in consideration that he is not physical, so Water/Fighting is less possible. I would be very happy if Water/Fairy finally become true and I will choose him!

I don't think we should jump to assumptions just because Popplio learns Disarming Voice. Keep in mind that Fennekin was shown to learn Power-Up Punch during the pre-release.

It wasn't as much as I thought we'd learn about, but yay! We got 100% confirmation that customization is back, battle royale mode, AND OH DEAR GOD YUNGOOS! THAT POKEMON'S FACE IS JUST HILARIOUS! We finally got the bird also, Pikipek, which is really cute! We also got to see a new bug type, Grubbin in the new trailer, which looks cool! Very impressed!

I'm lost, where did Nintendo reveal the "phases" for Solgaleo and Lunala? Plus, we have that new bug thing, Grubbin.

edit: new video on the Pokemon channel.

Not really, while Fighting is more physically inclined, we're not without special attackers within the type, Keldeo is a good example of that.

Speaking of stats though, it seems the speed tier goes Litten>Rowlet>Popplio, so Litten will be the fast one, Rowlet's in the middle, and Popplio's the bulky one.
although, isn't Keldeo the only one that's completely specially-oriented? you're definitely right on the speed tiers though and Popplio's two level-ups definitely confirm that it's probably bulky, slow, special attacker.

I don't think we should jump to assumptions just because Popplio learns Disarming Voice. Keep in mind that Fennekin was shown to learn Power-Up Punch during the pre-release.
Yeah, but that turned out to be via TM. The earliest non-Fire/Normal move Fennekin can learn is Psybeam so . . . there ya go.

New Pokémon: Yungoos

And of course they cut away before we can see any of the details behind it.
Yeah, I saw the screen of the Rotom Dex and yelled, "WE DON'T NEED TO SEE THAT." Same thing with the bird; they zipped passed the info so fast that I couldn't read it. :mad:

Apparently Yungoos has the Ability of Stakeout or Strong Jaw and Pikipek has Skill Link or Keen Eye. (Facebook vid for the info.) They also show a new Bug type in that vid as well and Magearna gets her arm cannon.
That's good to know, as my Golett will have something nice and speedy to cover him and take care of any Grass and Ice threats. This works for my team.

Though my stream was of extremely crappy quality, I LOVED everything. The camera looks amazing and it actually feels like we're in the middle of a patch of grass battling wild Pokemon.

I was so happy to see the Ledyba encounter which seems to definitely confirm previous gen Pokemon being available in the wild:)

Glad to see the two new Pokemon. Not sure if I'm spelling these right, but Yungoos's face kind of creeps me out, but Pikipek looks really cute. Glad that it's finally been revealed.

The Hau battle was nice to see and I'm glad he also had a Pichu in addition to his starter. It also seems Popplio learns Disarming Voice. Could it be evolving into a fairy-type? I really hope so.

The battle royal thing seems interesting, though I'll probably never use it. More importantly though, CUSTOMIZATION! I'm so glad that it has been confirmed to officially return. I can't wait to see all the new clothing options.

Overall, this was a great stream.

Back
Top Bottom