• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

E3 Nintendo Treehouse Discussion

I also forgot to mention how neat Magenera's ability is. It's an even better version of Moxie since it can be any Pokemon that faints, including your own, which could make it especially handy for double and triple battles. I kind of hope that other Pokemon have that ability, but they might want to keep that exclusive for Magearna for the time being.

It means nothing. Like others have said a lot of non-fairy types learn the move.

If anything it's a sea lion >> sea lions bark >> barking damages opponents.
Yes, but all of them are elegant and/or cute, and none are Fighting-types. I don't see why a Fighting-type would learn a weaker Special Fairy-type move unless it's a Special attacker - the only Physical Fairy-type move (in fact, the ONLY Physical Fairy-type move) I could see a Fighting-type (at least, one that isn't part Fairy) using is Play Rough. Fennekin learning Power-Up Punch is a pretty sensible counter-argument, but Chespin learning Bite is because, well, nearly everything learns Bite. I can see where you're coming from, though, especially with how the elemental monkeys learn it for whatever reason. However, by the logic of "it barks - it can learn Disarming Voice" is a bit flawed - by that logic any canine Pokemon would learn it, but they don't.

Then again, I might just be wishful thinking since I REALLLLLY like the leaked supposedfinal evos, and I'd like to see how a Special Water/Fairy-type would work, but it's not totally meaningless.

Last edited:
LOVING ALL THIS NEWS!!

Firstly THE NEW MONS ARE SO UTE!! Yungoos looks so angry and I LOVE it and Pikipek is just about cuter than expected! Even the little bug isn't that bad~

The region and music are AMAZING! Everything looks and sounds beautiful! Customization is also back, so I hope hair length will be a thing!

Disappointed that they still seem hell bent on making the game so easy~ I mean now they're straight up never gonna let us forget which moves are good to use in battle? As long as it's not allowed in Competitive I won't complain~

And on that note: FREE FOR ALLS ARE A THING! Poketubers must be rejoicing! X3 I sure as hell am~ Hoping this was just the demo and one knockout doesn't mean that's the end (which is what I'm guessing based on one person being shown as the winner when the battle ended.)

OVERALL SO MUCH HYPE. CAN'T WAIT TO CHECK OUT THE SITE RN!

LOVING ALL THIS NEWS!!

Firstly THE NEW MONS ARE SO UTE!! Yungoos looks so angry and I LOVE it and Pikipek is just about cuter than expected! Even the little bug isn't that bad~

The region and music are AMAZING! Everything looks and sounds beautiful! Customization is also back, so I hope hair length will be a thing!

Disappointed that they still seem hell bent on making the game so easy~ I mean now they're straight up never gonna let us forget which moves are good to use in battle? As long as it's not allowed in Competitive I won't complain~

And on that note: FREE FOR ALLS ARE A THING! Poketubers must be rejoicing! X3 I sure as hell am~ Hoping this was just the demo and one knockout doesn't mean that's the end (which is what I'm guessing based on one person being shown as the winner when the battle ended.)

OVERALL SO MUCH HYPE. CAN'T WAIT TO CHECK OUT THE SITE RN!

Well once one trainer loses all their Pokemon the one with the most Pokemon and/or health left is declared the winner, so in more realistic scenarios like a 6v6v6v6 it won't simply come down to, oh you all had one Pokemon and one got KOed but only one of you is the winner, I imagine the winner being much more obvious and concrete in a realistic 4-player battle.

Already said once to keep discussion on any potential starter leaks to the rumour/leak thread. No problem with you discussing the starters evolutions in theory/speculation, but please don't bring up any sort of potential leak outside of the rumour/leak thread. Just in case they are real, we'd like people not to be spoiled by reading it in random threads they thought would be safe.

Second in-thread note about this today and it was mentioned in the starter thread the other week, so I hope you all know now because next time it will be warnings/infractions.

Already said once to keep discussion on any potential starter leaks to the rumour/leak thread. No problem with you discussing the starters evolutions in theory/speculation, but please don't bring up any sort of potential leak outside of the rumour/leak thread. Just in case they are real, we'd like people not to be spoiled by reading it in random threads they thought would be safe.

Second in-thread note about this today and it was mentioned in the starter thread the other week, so I hope you all know now because next time it will be warnings/infractions.
Understood. *moves post to the leaks thread*

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeb
Yes, but all of them are elegant and/or cute, and none are Fighting-types. I don't see why a Fighting-type would learn a weaker Special Fairy-type move unless it's a Special attacker - the only Physical Fairy-type move (in fact, the ONLY Physical Fairy-type move) I could see a Fighting-type (at least, one that isn't part Fairy) using is Play Rough. Fennekin learning Power-Up Punch is a pretty sensible counter-argument, but Chespin learning Bite is because, well, nearly everything learns Bite. I can see where you're coming from, though, especially with how the elemental monkeys learn it for whatever reason. However, by the logic of "it barks - it can learn Disarming Voice" is a bit flawed - by that logic any canine Pokemon would learn it, but they don't.

Then again, I might just be wishful thinking since I REALLLLLY like the leaked supposedfinal evos, and I'd like to see how a Special Water/Fairy-type would work, but it's not totally meaningless.

Who's to say the dopeiness won't go away when it evolves. There have been elegant looking fighting types before.

There's still a chance it might even turn into a water/fairy harlequin instead of a normal clown if the circus theme is still possible. There's a lot of things it could turn into that doesn't nessisarily confirm the leaks from the fake thread.

I liked the new Pokemon, but someone said Yungoos has Donald Trump hair and now I can't unsee it *__*

These games look friggin beautiful. I love the orange evening glow. They're starting to catch up to Animal Crossing and Yokai Watch graphically, and it's about time!

Not to be a Negative Nancy, but there were some things I didn't like. The 'i' (info) button by the moves makes the screen look cluttered and silly; I hope there's a way to get rid of it. You've previously been able to check what a move does by holding down L as you click on it. IMO that 'hidden' method worked much better - this new one is too in-your-face. And speaking of, do we really need to be told which moves are effective and supereffective? Is that to satisfy all those people who say that Pokemon is too hard? Oh, wait - NO SUCH PEOPLE EXIST. It doesn't seem like GF are catering to kids, it seems like they're catering to casual audiences too lazy and stupid to learn how the game works. I was 10 when I started playing and I picked up the rules just fine; it's condescending to think that today's target audience can't do the same. The strategy and challenge (and therefore, the fun) becomes nonexistent if the gameplay tells you how to win. I swear, GF are the only company I know where the fandom begs for hard mode for years, so they reply by making the games easier. *headdesk*

But back on the positive side of things, I really feel the Hawaii vibe in these games, they seem immersive and extraordinary already, based only on a few clips and trailers. I think the finished product will be breathtaking!

And speaking of, do we really need to be told which moves are effective and supereffective? Is that to satisfy all those people who say that Pokemon is too hard? Oh, wait - NO SUCH PEOPLE EXIST. It doesn't seem like GF are catering to kids, it seems like they're catering to casual audiences too lazy and stupid to learn how the game works

Er, I mean - even the animation team that does the show gets type interactions wrong. They've repeatedly said that Rock resists Electric when it doesn't. Frankly, most of the type interactions are nonsensical. Like . . . everything to do with Bug and Dark. I think some fans think the logicality of the Fire Water Grass trio expands to all type interactions when it really doesn't. "Fire is put out by water" does not have the same intuitiveness as "birds are resistant to kung fu".

I wasn't sure if we were getting new information but I am glad that we did. We got quite a bit info for this month which is good.

For some reason I think the guardian deity won't be a legendary pokemon. Maybe it is an entity in human form. I know that seems improbable, but think about it: What if the guardian deity is Lillie incognito? Her "personal reasons" for assisting the professor could serve dual purpose. While trying to find and uproot the disturbance to Alola, she is also observing human-pokemon relationship. Every time you cross paths with Lillie, she notes the player and their pokemon's friendship. Near the end of the main game, the guardian deity reveals its true self then bless the player with more power (i.e. upgrade to the new battle mechanic).

Last edited:
For some reason I think the guardian deity won't be a legendary pokemon. Maybe it is an entity in human form. I know that seems improbable, but think about it: What if the guardian deity is Lillie incognito? Her "personal reasons" for assisting the professor could serve dual purpose. While trying to find and uproot the disturbance to Alola, she is also observing human-pokemon relationship through the player. Every time you cross paths with Lillie she notes the player and their pokemon's friendship. Near the end of the main game, the guardian deity reveals its true self then bless the player with more power (i.e. upgrade to the new battle mechanic).
The guardians are referred to as Pokemon, so Lillie would have to revert eventually.

The guardians are referred to as Pokemon, so Lillie would have to revert eventually.
That does not me all of them are. I hope it is not since the developers did say they want to move away from the trio legendary/third game formula.

That does not me all of them are. I hope it is not since the developers did say they want to move away from the trio legendary/third game formula.
All four are referred to as Pokemon. What does this have to do with a third game? These guardians probably don't include the version mascots.

- I like all the new Pokémon that were shown today. And I'm all for the new Pokemon having useful abilities.
- I'm not sure how I feel about all the UI changes. The bottom screen in battles has been laid out really intuitively since the beginning. I don't feel like this a change for the better, it's just a change.
- I do like the game telling you type effectiveness, stat changes, and what moves do. It really doesn't effect the game at all and will only help new players. This doesn't make the game easier, it just makes learning curve easier. If anything this should allow them to make the games more challenging.
- I absolutely love the new trainer battle intros. It's an extension of the B2W2 animated sprites and it's amazing.
- Battle Royale is cool. It's a feature that needed to be added since people have been doing this with multi-battles ever since they were added.

Overall I think this could have just been a trailer. They spent too much time talking about stuff we already knew about, and it really was so slow paced. I can see why so many people complained about it. It was nice seeing the game in action though, but it's Pokémon I didn't need to see it to know that it played exactly the same.

tl;dr 5/10 Showing. It was way to slowpaced and it didn't give us enough information to justify not just being another trailer.

Finally tore myself away from Zelda to say that there's a lot of style upgrades in these games that really work for me. I think my favorite has to be the update to regular trainers. Animated overworld models and in battle models. It really makes battle feel more like they should.

Also, if that's the opening to the game it has gripped me more than any other pokemon game yet. We're getting to battle as part of a festival in our new home town. I already feel better connected with Alola than some of the other regions.

Back
Top Bottom