• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

E3 Nintendo Treehouse Discussion

Showing altered stats in battle is such a good idea. I'm kinda surprised that they didn't do this sooner, but I'm glad they've done it. I hope they keep it.

The Strange Souvenir and the four guardian Pokemon of Alola's islands do seem to fit together, don't they. Tiki Pokemon confirmed. Ha.

To say I'm hyped for this new game would be a serious understatement. I might have stated this before, but this is the first completely new Pokemon game that I will be getting day 1. I got Omega Ruby on the day it came out, but I already knew a bit about it, since I played some of Emerald before. I didn't have a 3Ds when X and Y came out, so this game is the first one I truly get to experience without seeing a ton of gameplay of it before, and I am so ready to have it. I'm so ready to play it, and this news is making it even harder to wait.

• I truly don't mind the fact that they are showing what is super-effective against what Pokemon. Like many people have pointed out, this information is easily accesible through the internet. And I like being able to see what a move does while in battle. There have been a few occasions where I was unable to remember which move did more, when I was against a strong opponent. I can imagine there are people who feel the same.
  • This game, graphic wise, is absolutely gorgeous. It really feels like a Pokemon game, and it makes it so immersive. I especially loved seeing how the water looked orange, reflecting off the sunset. Alola really feels like a tropical region that is ready to be explored, and I know I will enjoy every second of it.
  • Speaking of immersion, like a lot of us here, I really enjoy the features that we get to being able to go to this festival and have this rival battle. It gives the region so much more culture. I get to know what Alola is like and how the people of Alola are, and I am quite intrigued to how each island has a guardian. Will each guardian be a legendary? Or will they just be a strong Pokemon in the game. Will these guardians play a role in the story?
  • Trainer Customization. There it is, in the Battle Royal showing. I am so glad to see it back and I hope we get lots of new and different outfits to customize our trainer in. I can't wait to go into battle with my friends and we all don't have to look the same anymore. We can be different!
Just let it be November already, I'm ready for these games! I can't wait a day longer!

This was about what I expected, but there were a couple of neat tidbits. I do like some of the things they've done to overhaul the battle interface and streamline things, it should make things a lot more convenient. And I was hoping to see a battle mode like Battle Royale, but I wasn't sure if they would do it. This game looks good so far.

Yeah, it does sound very similar to how it was in D/P/Pt if the villain team was collecting all the different guardians, but it's still better than what X/Y did with it's legendaries and just throw them in at the last minute with no buildup to their appearance. Also Sinnoh confirmed.
To this day I am still confused by the premise of DPPt. Hopefully, the "villainous" team in Alola aren't trying to become gods or remake the universe. People have been hinting to alchemy undertones, how about make a race of superbeings (homunculus) to rule the Earth with?

Last edited:
Yeah... To this day I am still confused by the premise of DPPt. Hopefully, the "villainous" team leader for Alola isn't trying to become a god or remake the universe. There are hints of alchemy undertones, how about make a race of superbeings (homunculus) to rule the Earth with?

My guess is to essentially wipe out humanity because of what they do to Pokemon, or to create the ultimate Pokemon akin to Mewtwo. Creating a human-Pokemon hybrid race is an interesting concept, but that would probably be too dark for the franchise... then again, we had a few villain team leaders who attempted mass-extinction events (even if it was unintentional) and one who attempted to destroy all of reality, so I wouldn't see it as much of a stretch. Rated E for Everyone kids!

I wonder if the four guardians thing could be related to the secret of the starters and Iwanko.

I wonder if the four guardians thing could be related to the secret of the starters and Iwanko.
Probably legendary pokemon most likely. The four guardians thing sounds like it applies to legendary pokemon.

Is there going to be some other gameplay streaming or anything SM related ? We didn't get to see Iwanko and Nekkoala yet (even after the JP official website's update).

Yeah, it does sound very similar to how it was in D/P/Pt if the villain team was collecting all the different guardians, but it's still better than what X/Y did with it's legendaries and just throw them in at the last minute with no buildup to their appearance. Also Sinnoh confirmed.

There *was* build-up to Xerneas/Yveltal's appearance; I think the problem was more that they were abruptly folded into the Team Flare plot and were all of a sudden a crucial component of the ultimate weapon. They needed a smoother path to that intersection.

Is there going to be some other gameplay streaming or anything SM related ? We didn't get to see Iwanko and Nekkoala yet (even after the JP official website's update).

I think there's supposed to be something on the 16th.

Last edited:
I just saw the german names for the new mons and Yungoos is called Mungunior, a combination of Mungo (mongoose) and Junior. I think it is safe to assume that he will evolve at least once.

I just can't stop thinking about why they only hid Yungoos' pokedex entry while they showed Pikipek's. I wonder if it is because they said that Yungoos isn't originally from Allola but was brought from another region (which is kept secret for now ?).

I just can't stop thinking about why they only hid Yungoos' pokedex entry while they showed Pikipek's. I wonder if it is because they said that Yungoos isn't originally from Allola but was brought from another region (which is kept secret for now ?).

I think it probably mentions another Pokemon - one they brought Yungoos into the region to control. And they didn't want us to know of that yet. That seems more likely than them mentioning another new region at this point.

Some people think it's Rattata, but the official site doesn't need to be secretive about Rattata.

This has probably already been noted, but Ledyba's Pokedex entry was different from any of it's previous entries from past games. I guess it's safe to say that every other pre-Alola Pokemon will receive updated entries as well :)

Well, some of them will, at least. I would love for it to be all of them, but I could see them doing it just for the old Pokémon that are in the regional PokéDex or something like that. Kind of like how not every old Pokémon received a completely new cry in XY.

Complaints on moves displaying type effectiveness makes my eyes roll. Sorry, but it comes off as elitist. It makes the game more accessible to new players--which is a good thing, by the way--and it isn't dumbing down the game, imo. As others have mentioned it takes next to nothing to Google type effectiveness anyway; the way I see it it's a convenience for new players and something that experienced players can just ignore. Gotta be ambassadors for the game.

On a lighter note, all the stuff they showed was amazing. Being able to see the trainers in-battle is awesome! Loving all the Pokémon designs, too--although I do wish they showed us more.

Complaints on moves displaying type effectiveness makes my eyes roll. Sorry, but it comes off as elitist. It makes the game more accessible to new players--which is a good thing, by the way--and it isn't dumbing down the game, imo. As others have mentioned it takes next to nothing to Google type effectiveness anyway; the way I see it it's a convenience for new players and something that experienced players can just ignore. Gotta be ambassadors for the game.

I definitely like the feature but having an option in the settings to turn stuff like that off would be great and simple for those who don't like it.

It will come in handy for me since I'm still forgetting type effectiveness ever since they added the Fairy type!

Nintendo Life claims there is a Pokemon Direct at E3 today but I see nothing on Serebii or anywhere else.

Nintendo Life claims there is a Pokemon Direct at E3 today but I see nothing on Serebii or anywhere else.

Yeah, some other sites are also saying Nintendo changed their plans for e3 on June 3rd and that their WILL be a special today... no where else is mentioning it though? The sites we generally use anyway...

Back
Top Bottom