• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Eggs-travagently Eggs

Aestivate

mientes
Reaction score
Eggs are a cornerstone in many diets (including mine, as a college student without a meal plan, ohohoho) and there are multitudes of ways to prepare them. Also, you can usually prepare them quickly.

Share your egg recipes here!

fried egg + oyster sauce = the bane of my existence
you need:
2+ eggs (I usually eat 3 small ones)
1 tbls each of soy sauce/sesame oil/oyster sauce (i like combining these three, DELICIOUS)
finely chopped scallions and if you have them, chili peppers
olive oil/other cooking oil.
black pepper

eat some cooking oil, crack the eggs and beat them while waiting for the oil to heat up. mix the chili peppers and the scallions into the egg.

add the egg to the hot oil, and let it sit for a few minutes and flipping as necessary to get it fully cooked.

add to a plate and drizzle with the sauces and season with some pepper.

this tastes even better over rice!

Scrambled Eggs + Maple Syrup.
I know it sounds weird.

But its deliciously weird! XD

Being a grad student with no meal plan, I have to make a lot of my own stuff. There is something about eggs that kinda bothers me; when I make scrambled eggs, I whisk in a little bit of milk and it makes it easier for me to eat. XD

One thing I like to make is scrambled eggs with chopped ham off the bone...with a side of corned beef hash...mmmmmm

Apparently, this dish is called "Gye Ran Jjim" (steamed egg, 계란찜), but I like to call it "mul gye ran" (물계란, water egg, because that's what it is).

Basically, you crack two eggs and put them in a bowl with a cup of water (and some salt). Mix it together and microwave it for 5 minutes.

I adore steamed eggs. Ugh they just taste so good and are so easy to make. I put some chili powder, black pepper, and scallions in my steamed eggs :)

Taco Breakfast of Champions (with nothing else in the fridge :p) =
scrambled eggs + Rotel (diced tomatoes with bits of green chilies, though there are other kinds) + salt + tortilla

Though i also like to sub the Rotel for my own homemade chili:

Basically sliced onion and bell pepper mixed with Rotel and some Salsa Verde chili (leftover from mexican takeout)
Cook the Bell pepper 1st until it starts to go soft then put in the onion. Once those caramel over, add in about half a can of Rotel (drained) and (depending on how spicy your Salsa Verde is) one small take out container of the green chili. Let simmer for about 2mins stirring occasionally and take off heat.

Add to egg taco with salt = omg i want more x)

Though i'm not sure if Rotel is strictly a Texas based thing, though i'm sure it's ingredients are simple enough to just make your own at home if need be.
And just so ya'll know what i'm talking about when i mention Ro*tel, here's a pic:
rotel.gif

Get some bacon ends and pieces on the cheap. Cut off excess fat. Put on hot pan and let remaining fat sizzle around. Add eggs. Add whatever else you want (green onions, cheese, thinly sliced broccoli, etc). Fry until done.

They are frickin delicious and the ends and pieces give a better, sweeter flavor than regular bacon.

There's a Mexican breakfast dish that I love called Huevos Rancheros. It's eggs (usually over-easy, but I personally like scrambled) over a tortilla and topped with ranchero sauce. It is absolutely fantastic. <3

I love whatever-I-can-find-in-my-fridge omelets. I'm sure you all know how to make omelets, so I won't bore you with the details. However, I prefer not to flip mine after I close the omelet. I like it nice and juicy in the middle. I really like my eggs to be not fully cooked.

I've got a great dish of which I've forgotten the name.What you do is get a shallow pot or a Dutch oven and cover the the bottom with those precooked hash brown patties. (I usually use 10-ish.) Then, once those are defrosted, toss in a stick of butter and 2 lbs bacon, sausage, ham, or all three. (I use sausage+bacon.) Wait for that to not be quite so raw, then scramble 24 eggs and pour 'em in. Stir every 5 minutes. You can add bellpeppers, onion, cheese, use raw potatoes instead of hash browns, anything. It's a flexible and delicious dish that serves many people.

OMG, you use that combo in eggs too? They ARE delicious! But I prepare them as tamago kake gohan. (raw eggs + rice)

Basically:
1 large Egg
1/2 - 1 tablespoon of soy sauce depending on your preference
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce to taste (it's usually optional for me, if I can find it)
desired extras like scallions, bacon bits, ham, french fried onions, sea food, etc.
pinch of oldbay spice, if you're commanderpigg who puts this crap on everything

Mix all ingredients except the extras in a bowl until golden-dark brown. Pour over desired amount of hot rice and add extras. Eat.

Delicious breakfast sammich.

2 pieces of Texas Toast bread (basically very thick cut white bread)
Some ham steaks
Butter
Sliced onions
Eggs
Mayonnaise (optional)
Salt for taste

Coat the Texas Toast in butter and toast it. I prefer toasting it on a griddle, but that's just me. Next, put some butter in a pan and grill the onions. After they're nicely caramelized, take them out, and heat up the ham steaks on them. They usually come pre-cooked, so just give them a little brown coat. Lastly, make a fried egg in the pan that now has all the oniony, hammy goodness in it.

Next, spread a little mayonnaise on the toast, then put the onions, ham, and egg on in any order you like 'em and top it off with the other piece of toast. Plop it back on the griddle and let it heat through and enjoy!

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom