• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Empoleon's Last Stand!

Habunake

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/strategy/pokemonbattlerevolution/story.html?sid=6167037

We saw a flaming unicorn shoot fire from its mouth; Empoleon, a penguin, rode a large wave that did damage to two characters at once; and there were all sorts of colorful casting attacks. As you'd expect, when a Pokémon loses all of its health, it faints, and it's back to the pokéball for it.

Most people suspect this to be Empelte...but judging on Napoleon being short, I'd say maybe Pottaishi?

Empoleon? Prepare for an anime title involving the word "Waterloo." I'm gonna need time to get used to this one.

Originally, I thought this was for Empelte when I first saw the thread and I thought "ew", but if it's for Pottaishi, I'm totally fine with it.

Although I can't imagine Hikari in the dub saying "Empoleon" but that won't happen for a long time I guess.

I doubt that the name is for the middle stage. For one, there's nothing about Piplup's middle form that screams "Emperor Penguin".

I was thinking because it was kinda short...

But, I'm pretty sure is is Empelte now, since people said that it was seen in all the preview shots, and not Pottaishi.

pretty neat name, if you ask me.

but still...napoleon was a mass-murderer...meh, I guess history is written by the winners.

Hitlape for goku-ape, anyone? ;p

I give credit to Villi of SPPF for Bonapen.

Anyway...is it a coincidence the weakest of the starter trio happens to be named after a French dude?

The French always lose...

Anyway...is it a coincidence the weakest of the starter trio happens to be named after a French dude?

Dude, Water/Steel is a great type combination.

Compared to a Grass/Ground and Fire/Fighting it ain't.

Grass/Ground is also good, . . . but I'm not really sure what Fire/Fighting do for either of the combinations. I've used a Blaziken and really don't find the two types complementary to eachother. It's not bad, but it's nothing to rave about either.

I meant Empoleon has a weakness to both starters instead of just one, like usually.

The grass starter's the only one who doesn't, if you don't include the many ice-type attacks the water starter can learn.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom