• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Empoleon's Last Stand!

Sadly, many people thought of Napoleon Dynamite when they heard it...

I thought of Napoleon from Yugioh though, de aru. But he's basically a joke off the real Napoleon anyway...

J'aime le nom!
(I love the name)
Empoleon is by far the best 4th generation name I've heard. I will use it instead of it's Japanese name too! And even greater, I'll finally have a fully evolved starter again, as I plan to get a Pochama.
I'm also proud that the French dictator is the first one who came to my mind when I heard the name Empoleon, and not some stupid movie character we all know. I guess I wasn't cursed by that movie.

I still hope Giratina is romanized as Guillotina...so, like, I can make Tale of Two City references...

(Frech related, so kinda OT)

Empoleon is by far the best 4th generation name I've heard.

I don't know, Torterra, Electivire, CARNIVINE!? But yeah it's all personal preference really. I do think it's a pretty cool name though, yay for vertically challenged dictators!

Anyway the first thing I noticed when I first saw the name, before I caught the Napoleon reference, was that it ended in "eon" and that got me to thinking that isn't there another non Eevee evolution that ends in eon? I'm pretty sure there is one I just can't put my finger on it.

Empoleon is da awesome name. Me likes. I'm still gonna start with a Turtwig, though...
Carnivine sounds cool. Purugly is offensive so I think I'm sticking with Bunyatta there...

Yeah I agree it isn't offensive. I see what you mean but the whole idea is that its meant to be ugly so it doesn't really count as offensive.

It's the nature of the world. Diglett digs, Dragonite is a dragon and Purugy is ugly.

I just didn't like Purugly because it sounds to me like "Pure Ugly" hahaha.

And, I don't think it's ugly, I think it's really cool and pretty. I don't know why, I know it isn't the most attractive thing, but hey, that's just me.

Charmeleon and Kecleon.

Ah yeah, Kecleon was the one I was thinking about, I can still remember people first hearing the name "Kakureon" and thinking it was an Eevee evo (even though that was the Japanese name...). I like alot of the new names that have been revealed lately they seem to fit their respective pokemon. And looks like my guess for Skuntank was right :).

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom