• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TEEN: Encounters: Book One: Blinto (Rewritten and remade!)

NikNak3000

I'm back. Again.
Reaction score
blintobanner.png

Made by Blazaking EX
B1B.png

Made by Instrutilus

Roughly a year ago, I began to write a fanfic named 'Encounters'. Those of you who were around then might remember it. I hope so, anyway! Well, I sort of lost interest for a while and nobody got to find out how it ended... But now, I've decided to rewrite it and fix some of the bits I wasn't happy with last time.

But you don't want to hear a story about my past, do you? :p

And I proudly present, for the second time...

ENCOUNTERS: BLINTO
(Redux)​

Encounters tells the story of three children who live in the region of Blinto, ten years after Team Rocket tried to bring back Giovanni. Unfortunately, there's some evil forces at work (in a typically clichéd sort of way) and they want to rule the world (also in a typically clichéd sort of way).

Encounters takes place in an alternate universe (aptly named the Encountersverse), where there are many differences to the world of the games.

Since this is a remake, there will be several changes in storyline that will make it worth rereading if you were one of those who read it the first time round. These changes will also fix some of the plot points which were, frankly, a bit rubbish.

If you want, you can be p ut on the MAILING LIST! I'll notify you when a new chapter comes out - which I don't have a specific day for since I'll never be able to keep up (that's one of the reasons I stopped last time)!

The MAILING LIST:
  • Magnus Prime
  • Alster08
  • Giratina!
  • Jinoga
  • RE-Hiro
  • AceTrainer14

Table of Contents

Prologue: The Mysterious Events of Kipling Manor

Part One: The Grand Opening Bit
Chapter One: An Exciting Introduction (Coming Soon)
Chapter Two: Coming to the Colosseum (Coming Soon)

Part Two: The Events That Unfold (Coming Soon)

Part Three: The Adventure Gets Bigger (Coming Soon)

Part Four: Crossing the Region (Coming Soon)

Part Five: Exciting Discoveries (Coming Soon)

Without any further ado, let's begin!

Prologue: The Mysterious Events of Kipling Manor

Tick, tock.

The oak grandfather clock slowly swung its pendulum as the man sitting at his desk writing the very last entry in his diary. He knew he would not be writing in it ever again.

He was tall, and wore silver glasses that perched on his long nose. He raised his eyes as he turned the pages. Every so often he would glance at the clock, as if he was waiting for something.

Tick, tock.

The time was precisely thirteen to midnight on the last day of the year 1999. In thirteen minutes a whole new millenium would begin, one that would signal a new beginning.

Tick, tock.

The manor was known as Kipling Manor, because it was the home of the Kiplings, a wealthy family that were well known. The manor was located on Tempest Island, in the northwest of the region of Blinto. The region was a prospering one - it was currently experiencing an influx of immigrants who all wanted a slice of the Blinto pie. The manor was large and constructed in a Baroque style, with plenty of arches and marble. It looked pretty awesome when it was all lit up at night.

Tick, tock.

Outside the manor, two guards armed with rifles stood guarding the large house, accompanied by their two Arcanine. They were thin and stood absolutely still. One of them had white hair while the other had a large crop of red hair. They were trained in several martial arts and were master Pokémon battlers. They would do anything to protect their master, the man of the manor.

It was snowing lightly, and the flakes were already beginning to settle. Despite their training, the guards were nervous. The man of the manor had told them to expect trouble - the man of the manor was not often wrong.

Tick, tock.

"Who goes there?" called one of the guards. He had seen something. There was something coming up the path. It looked vagely human-like. But it seemed injured.

The guards prepared their rifles. "Friend or foe?" the guards called.

"F-friend..." the shape whispered. As it came into the light the guards realised that the figure was dressed in rags and covered in blood. He was crawling towards the manor, holding a small package.

“It could be a trap,” the white-haired guard said cautiously. He knew that the man of the manor had been the target of many assassination attempts. This could be another.

“Please… Take me to Patrick… Please… I must give this to him… I am Matthew…” The figure was desperate. He had once been the most trusted advisor of Patrick, the man of the manor. One night, however, he had been sent on a special mission by Patrick himself. So he had disappeared for ten years. But then his cover was blown by the Glitchians, a superstitious cult that worshipped mysterious deities that seemed bizarre to many. Matthew had stolen a precious relic from them and now they wanted revenge. He had to deliver the relic to Patrick before it was too late. But the cult had traced him and located the Kipling Manor. They had created an ambush and Matthew had been gravely wounded by several Primeape. He didn’t have long left.

“You’re Matthew?” the red-haired guard asked in disbelief. “Matthew is dead!”

“No time… to explain…” Matthew said. “Take me… to Patrick…”

“I’d better take him inside,” the white-haired guard said. “This could be important. Stay guard.” He quickly picked up Matthew and his package and hurried inside. The man was surprisingly light. “Boss!” the guard called. “There’s someone for you!”

Tick, tock. Tick, tock.

Patrick looked up. The person he had been waiting for had arrived. He swiftly walked to the door and flung open the door. The corridor was lit with torches and cast odd shadows along the walls. The guard stumbled up the corridor and had just got halfway when what felt like an earthquake. Patrick knew the Glitchians were probably the cause. But it was all too much for Matthew. He looked up at Patrick and said his last words: “Keep the relic safe,” before his eyes closed.

Tick, tock. Tick, tock. Tick, tock.

Back outside, the red-haired guard had also felt the rumbles. He had assumed a defensive stance, his rifle raised. The two Arcanine were also ready to attack.

All was suddenly silent. But the guard did not lower his guard. Something was out there and it certainly wasn’t friendly. He had already called for backup and felt slightly relieved knowing that he was not alone.

There was a battle cry and the guard was killed instantly as a Hyper Beam struck him straight in the chest. Pokémon and humans alike swarmed into the building. They were here to reclaim the relic and exterminate the tenants of the manor in any way they pleased. The backups had no chance They were all stabbed, shot or hit by some sort of Pokémon attack as the crowd began to capture the manor.

Tick, tock. Tick, tock. Tick, tock. Tick, tock. Tick, tock.

Patrick’s time was nearly up. Not bothering to glance at the package, he shoved it into the hands of the guard.

“Deliver this to my brother. You know where to find him. Make sure this gets passed down through the generations of Kiplings. You cannot fail. Go!”

The guard hesitated, but knew that Patrick was right. He could not fail. Saluting his master, he fled the scene, heading for one of the many secret exits that not even the smartest Glitchians would find. When he escaped, he would find Gregory, Patrick’s brother, and entrust him with the relic. Then he would decree that his family were to protect the Kiplings until the relic was to be used. The Glitchians would not retrieve the artefact.

Dong!

The first chime of the grandfather clock echoed throughout the building.

Dong!

Patrick felt inside his pocket for the last of his Poké Balls. He had released his other Pokémon, knowing that his time was up. He now had one Pokémon left. A smile began to form across his face.

Dong!

The Glitchians had nearly reached Patrick’s room. Quickly, he strode across and sat down.

Dong!

“He can’t escape!” the chief of the Glitchians cried. “We’ll get that relic back!”

Dong!

The Glitchians ran up the corridor and into Patrick’s room.

Dong!

“You have stolen something from us!” the chief Glitchian called.

Dong!

“Indeed I have,” Patrick replied.

Dong!

“Unfortunately, you’re not getting it back.”

Dong!

The Glitchian chief growled. “You will give it back!”

Dong!

Patrick smiled one last time. “I’m afraid not. Because I happen to have an Electrode on my person.”

Dong!

Before the Glitchians could realise the sudden danger that they were in, Patrick had released the Electrode. And just as the grandfather clock was about to strike twelve, he screamed his final command:

“EXPLOSION!”

The manor was obliterated instantly. Nothing could survive such a powerful explosion. From the boat in which he sat, the guard watched in silence, before he quickly began to row in the direction of Sunrise Town. He knew that Gregory Kipling lived there. Sunrise was a peaceful town and the guard hoped that the Glitchians wouldn’t suspect it to be the new location of the relic.

Gregory was very welcoming to the guard. He had heard about the explosion and how his brother had died to protect them. However, he had a feeling that the Glitchians were not completely finished, and that they would probably not stop until they had regained the relic.

After the guard had left, Gregory carefully opened the package. Inside it, coated in many layers of bubble wrap, was a bow tie. Well, it was actually a pre-tied bow but it didn’t really make a difference.

“What did the Glitchians want with this?” Gregory asked himself, before absentmindedly putting it on.

From that day on, the Kiplings have always worn the same bow tie. Gregory Kipling passed it on to Martin Kipling, who passed it on to Franklin Kipling, who passed it on to Harold Kipling, who, one hundred years after Kipling Manor was destroyed, passed it on to Alfie Kipling. The Kiplings still lived in Sunrise Town; they were still protected (although they did not know it) by the guard’s family - the Walkers. The meaning of the bow tie was yet to become clear.

And that was how Alfie Kipling came into possession of the bow tie that could have sent the entire Pokémon Isles into darkness.

* * *​

So what do you think? That's a completely new chapter that wasn't in the old Encounters, and it hints at the changed plot. For veteran readers, that Alfie is the same Alfie that features in Encounters - he's still one of the main characters, don't worry!

Please leave feedback - whether new or old to the epic adventure!

Next Chapter: Chapter One: An Exciting Introduction
The epic adventure begins.

Last edited:
Re: Encounters: Blinto (Redux - It's back for more!)

Its nice to see that you're writing it again. Its nostalgic, remembering how much fun I had reading and writing here.

...A bowtie. Honestly, that's sorta funny, a bowtie that could send the isles into darkness... Though that isn't bad, but just seemed funny. Anyway, I really like it. The plot seems well planned and the prologue serves the purpose of giving a glimpse of whats to come. Though I did find a few hiccups.

In the beginning of the prologue, you mention the guards had two Growliths. Yet in the middle, you say they are Arcanines. A little contradiction there.

One sentence is little hazy, too.

"The meaning of the bow tie had still become clear."

I don't know what you meant here exactly. But isn't it,
"The meaning of the tie was yet to become clear."

Hiccups aside, its nice to see you writing again. I'll definitely be following this, and PM me when the chapter releases!

Its nice to see that you're writing it again. Its nostalgic, remembering how much fun I had reading and writing here.

...A bowtie. Honestly, that's sorta funny, a bowtie that could send the isles into darkness... Though that isn't bad, but just seemed funny. Anyway, I really like it. The plot seems well planned and the prologue serves the purpose of giving a glimpse of whats to come. Though I did find a few hiccups.

In the beginning of the prologue, you mention the guards had two Growliths. Yet in the middle, you say they are Arcanines. A little contradiction there.

One sentence is little hazy, too.

"The meaning of the bow tie had still become clear."

I don't know what you meant here exactly. But isn't it,
"The meaning of the tie was yet to become clear."

Hiccups aside, its nice to see you writing again. I'll definitely be following this, and PM me when the chapter releases!

Damn. I thought I had proofread to perfection. Obviously not. ALL HICCUPS MUST BE EXTERMINATED! :p

I like bowties. Anyway, it had be slightly bizarre otherwise it wouldn't be so awesome!

I know what you mean about the nostalgia. I feel the same way about writing again!

Hope you enjoy the upcoming chapters!

This chapter was definetily knew with a lot of things we hadn't seen before. What surprised me where the Glitchians though, I mean their name hadn't even come up before and now they seem to be a big part so that's something I'll be expecting. I'm still a bit curious about the bow tie though.

Good job with this, I'll be reading.

This chapter was definetily knew with a lot of things we hadn't seen before. What surprised me where the Glitchians though, I mean their name hadn't even come up before and now they seem to be a big part so that's something I'll be expecting. I'm still a bit curious about the bow tie though.

Good job with this, I'll be reading.

YAY.

I introduced the Glitchians as new antagonists sine I've realised that Team Rocket Elite probably wouldn't happen - those leaders just wouldn't get on! Hopefully they intrigued you! :)

Oh, and BE CURIOUS! All will be revealed soon.

Are the Glitchians like the Templars? Not bad, I read most of the original Encounters.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom