• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Entropy - a Pokemon comic. Also other arts. Now with 50% more Prof. Oak!

Integration

Slammin' Flower Child
Reaction score
Yo!

I was working on a Pokemon comic and, this being a Pokemon forum and all, thought I'd share. It follows an older Ash who has already become the league champion, until a slew of unfortunate things start to happen.

Click here to read it on DA. It'll be on Smack Jeeves as soon as I get this first bit finished up. The style I'm doing it in is pretty experimental for me...I'm not used to doing painted, lineart-less things. : D Here's a sample page to whet your appetite.

Pokemon_3.jpg

Official synopsis:

Isolated systems tend to show no change in entropy -- or disorder -- but no system is ever truly isolated. The world that Pokemon and humans inhabit has been improbably held in balance for years in a period of near-complete peace, and it is high time that disorder grace its world again.

Spoilers for Pokemon games and anime are likely to crop up, but really, if there's anything you haven't learned about Pokemon yet, GET ON IT.

-----

Also, here's a quickie drawing I did of Jessie and James. I just felt like playing with SAI a bit, so it's pretty messy. XD It's set in the same time period as Entropy [that is, 10-ish years into the future, which is a future where James doesn't cut his hair. Haha].

Team-Rocket-parting.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Entropy - a Pokemon comic. Also other arts.

Oh my gosh! That James picture is awesome!

Haha, thanks! : D

While I finish up some Entropy pages tonight, have some character concept sketches.

AshandJames.jpg

Ash and James. James got a little bishounen-fied. XD;

JessieandFrankie.jpg

Jessie and Frankie (annoying kid). I don't think Jessie looks good with that braid. XD; Probably gonna give her a normal hairstyle when she shows up in the comic.

[edit]

I just finished page 9 of Entropy. I'm posting it because I'm particularly proud of the electricity on this page. I don't like the page otherwise. XD;

Pokemon_9.jpg

Last edited:

Hey, I love your style. Can't wait to see more. I love the black & white pages.

Why thankya!

Here are more pages! : D Pages 10 and 11. The rest is on my DA account.

Pokemon_10.jpg

Pokemon_11.jpg

More Entropy!

Pokemon_12.jpg

I got irritated at work, so I scribbled this thing of Professor Oak in like 10 minutes. His hand is freaky, but hey, 10 minutes.

Super-Prof-Oak.jpg

Also, Eldershipping guidelines. : D;;;

Last edited:
I really like your comic, it's always nice to see a more mature theme with Pokemon. Plus it looks like Team Rocket is going to have a big role in the comic, and I love Team Rocket. :D Plus, as I already commented in DA, that Eldershipping guide is hilarious! XDD

Last edited:
That last one was hilarious. You know what would make the last frame just a little better, though? Movement lines between Ash's two poses.

@ Suzume: I figured the world needed more mature Pokemon stories. Hahaha. Team Rocket whoo!

@ Zekurom: Thanks! Haha, yeah, movement lines would probably be good. I forget why I missed them in this one...I think I was in a rush to finish. But anyway. : D;

laughed so hard at eldershipping bit.

Hahaha, thanks guys.

It got really hard to draw after I drew the abs and Mimey the second time because I was laughing so hard. XD

You have quite an amazing style with your comics! I love how the drawings have a painted look to them- did you do them in Photoshop? The use of black, white and greys for coloring really bring out the comic as well.

Why thankya. : D Painting is not my strong point, so I thought I'd practice a bit. I'm starting to really like it because I don't have to stress out about lineart.

Entropy is painted in GIMP cuz I like GIMP's brush strokes...I do the paneling and text in Photoshop though.

I love your style, I especially like the way that you draw the electricity bolts. Very sharp and at the same time uncontrolled. Keep it up!

Thanks, Shima! : D

I've been working overtime, so my brain has been too fried to draw. But I did whip up this attempt at drawing in Ken Sugimori's style. It's not there yet, but I could probably get it in a few more tries. Anywho, I drew Gregory Aspen, the main character of my fanfic, Second Wind. I used Professor Elm's art as a basis.

Professor-Aspen.png

[edit] I now see some stuff I missed while in Photoshop. XD; I should probably clean it up a bit later...

Last edited:
I have more art, for anyone who may be interested. These sketches are [probably] how Misty and Brock will look in my Entropy comic.

MistyandBrock.jpg

And some random Bleach stuff. And also Squidward. Spoilered because there are a bunch and I figure it'd be annoying if you have a slow connection -- and also if you don't care for Bleach or Squidward.

Bleach-Improbable1-2.jpg

Bleach-Improbable3.jpg

Mayuri_Kurotsuchi_small.jpg

Spongebob_7.jpg

The Squidward one is a little out of context since it's the seventh page of a sorta quickie comic I've been doing. If anyone's interested, I'll post the rest in order. : D

Back
Top Bottom