• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Étrange's Pokémon Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buoy

the bug catcher pokémon
Reaction score
A long time ago, a couple, Isabella and Robert Étrange travelled the seas for many months, and had came across a strange island. There, they set up a building and called it their new home. They found everything they needed, and set up their family there. When they passed away, their children continued the couple's dream to discover everything on the island, and they still have not found everything out yet. There are many, many strange, unknown Pokémon, and the goal is to discover everything about them. So one of the descendants of the Étrange couple has turned the original building into a very great place indeed, and it has been advertised on the other islands - Étrange's Pokémon Island became the new name. Trainers were due to come within the month, for a whole year, to see the sights, to have fun, and most importantly, to discover the unknown. There is also a school, and they will be attending classes - but they are not the classes you'd expect them to be. Instead, they are fun alternatives, whilst also learning important facts about the island in some.

----

The People:

Students:
Colin Oakley - Calfab
Clare Oakley - Calfab
Morgart Zermalmen - ShadowArceus
Ally (I would like a second name, though) - pikachu200
Alase Jacqueline - TehFwee
Christie Kapoera - GoldenrodGirl
Tracy Connors - Godzillawolf
Paige Korper - Johto Trainer

Teachers:
Geoffrey Étrange - Calfab
Georgia Étrange - Calfab
Joseph Antonimous - Anonymous
Joshua Antonimous - Anonymous
Caterina Massimo - GoldenrodGirl
Jarret Wake - Godzillawolf

------

Geoffrey and Georgia were waiting inside the main building - in the main, large hall, in fact. Laid out in front of them was eight large tables - each could seat about four. Opposite the eight tables was a long table to seat the teachers, with large comfortable chairs at all tables. Geoffrey ran outside, though, followed by Georgia. Geoffrey was only wearing a pair of jammers, and nothing else - he would get more clothes on later. Georgia was wearing a white sundress, which almost blinded Geoffrey.

However, back on the Princess Floatzel - the ship that was taking the students towards Étrange's Pokémon Island - two twins stood at the bow of the boat, squinting to see if they could spot the island. They had been on the boat for quite a while, but they didn't mind at all. They smiled as a very small blotch in the distance appeared - it seemed they were near. To confirm this, a deep man's voice rang out on the speakers, "We has almost arriveds at ze islands." It was obvious that he couldn't speak English very well, but that didn't really concern the twins. Colin almost leapt five feet into the air when he saw a group of two different species of Water Pokémon - one looked like a type of Magikarp, only blue and cream, and some blue creature that looked slightly like a manta-ray. He then recovered some of his nerve, and pointed out the Pokémon to Clare, who almost had a spasm. They must have been close if these strange Pokémon were appearing.

Jarret walked through the halls of the school, very large halls at that. He'd been accepted into this school as a teacher, because of all the mysteries of the island and the need for good mystery solving was obvious. He had seen some of the unique Pokemon that dwelt on the island, they were all really intresting, unique, and he truely hoped to capture some for his gym, but for now, he was content to teach. He walked up to the other two teachers. "So, should the students be here soon?"

Tracy looked at the source of a bit of excitement off the ship's side, two unusual Pokemon. She instantly took out her sketch pad and drew them as they swam, being careful to get their details correctly. She finished and compared. She looked to some other passengers. "Does this look right?" she asked, rather shyly, showing the picture, which was quite good.

Hornet had just finished cleaning her classroom with the help of her pokemon, when she'd decided to have a look inside the main building. It would probably help so she wouldn't get lost in the future. Hornet wandered into the main building, only to be greeted by several tables. Oh, but weren't those the Étranges over there? And some other teacher? Hornet walked over to hear what one of the guys had just asked.

'Yes, would you happen to know how long it will take for the students to arrive?' Hornet asked as she slightly bowed her head with respect. It was a huge honour to have been accepted to the amazing Étrange's Pokemon Island.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Christie had been gazing wistfully at the sparkling ocean as she tried to organise her thoughts so she'd be less confused. This was it. School number four. Would this one actually help her and let her stay? Or would it just be another bump in the road towards worst school record ever? Suddenly, her Hitmontop started shouting for her attention, and when she turned around, it began to spin on its head and practise the art of Kapoera. It finished with a cheeky grin and opened its arms as if to say; 'How was that?'. Christie giggled and picked up her Hitmontop and began to swing it around.

'That was awesome. I hope there's a place to practise at this school or it's gonna be trashed!' Christie smirked. She promised her mother she'd try. But she didn't know that she'd crossed her fingers when she'd 'promised'.

Morgart was pacing around the boat, his Mightyena following him obediently. He was trying to calm himself down, but to little or no avail. He was anticipating the arrival at the island. He must acquire the means to defeat Zaar. He could never forgive that freak for what he gave him. He must be punished.

Of course, when there's a school, there's always at least one, if not more bullies. And he loved venting his resentment toward others into any unwilling victims. It's what he did best.

He gazed out into the ocean. It fondly reminded him of those times where he looked out at sea with his father. That is, before the accident happened.

A Sharpedo had rammed their boat, causing it to capsize. Morgart managed to get away, but his father wasn't so lucky. The Sharpedo tore the poor man to shreds. He swore that he saw Zaar on land, smirking and walking away.

Then again. The entire family, or at least, what was left of it, was on a plane. However, the engine seemed to catch on fire out of nowhere, and the aircraft went down. Morgart managed to find the parachutes and hop off, but his relatives were caught in the explosion the occurred when the plane landed.

Once he safely landed, he searched through the burning wreckage of the plane. There was no sign of his family.

He looked over, and saw Zaar. His worst enemy said this.

"You're next."

He then released his Honchkrow, and flew off.

That was it. His family was dead.

Remembering these events only increased his rage. He would find Zaar. And he would make him pay for killing his family in cold blood.

Paige looked out over the horizon of the ocean. "Ahhh... I love the nice Ocean breeze! It's so quiet and calm." She said to herself. "The water looks so nice and crystal clear... It's the perfe-" Paige stopped her sentence when she noticed two figures swimming in the water, which, to her, looked like pokemon. "What the?" She had never seen a pokemon like them. One of them looked like a blue Magikarp, and the other looked like a manta-ray type of pokemon. "That's weird. I've never seen any type of pokemon like those two... I wonder if there will be new types of pokemon on this island!" Paige thought of what awaited her and the rest of the students.

As Colin and Clare looked at Tracy's sketchbook, they saw that it captured the exact details of both of the Pokémon, both the Magikarp-looking one and the manta ray-looking one. It was simply amazing that someone could draw like that. "Brilliant!" Clare exclaimed to Tracy dramatically. It was actually a great drawing. Clare looked to see that the two figures had now disappeared into the distance, and wondered what other surprises the island would have in store for all of the new students coming to it. The man's voice came on the speakers again.

"Re ares preparing to docks at Étrange's Pokémons Island! Ei 'ope joo enjoys your stays!"

Raising an eyebrow, Colin and Clare climbed down the ladder on the side of the ship, and landed on the beach, where the teachers stood. One of them only wore a swimsuit, Clare noticed. And he was quite fit. Geoffrey greeted the students with much pleasure. "I hope you feel welcome here, and you shall have lots of fun! I notice that you have already met just two of the many creatures that live here. Amazing, are they not?" He guessed this from when they were all looking over the side of the ship in awe.

"They were probably Stuckarp and Stuckry. They love to hang around in the warm waters around the island. They will be only some of the ones that you will have to investigate during your stay here. And they are actually your first assignment, which you will be briefed on in my class tomorrow." He then led the students into the main hall, where food was laid out for them on the various tables. It was almost the evening, and he was sure the students were getting tired.

"Tuck in, students!" With that, Colin and Clare immediately went to grab some food.

Joseph and Joshua Antonimous were sat at the staff table, eating quietly. They had become more mature as they’d grown up… or so it seemed. They’d really show themselves in their first class.

Jarret watched the students go to get their food. "Before you do, I suggest letting your Pokemon out to stretch their legs." he said. "They've had a long trip as well and we set up a table for Pokemon to eat at." he said. "Just make sure they don't wonder off, there are some more agressive and dangerous Pokemon out there in the deeper parts of the island." he explained. "I'm Jarret Wake, I teach mystery solving skills and investiagation. Please refer to me as Sensei or Jarret-sensei" he said. "Enjoy your stay on the island." he said, walking off to ready his room a bit.

Tracy walked up to the teachers and listened, going to the food area. She heard Jarret and nodded. "Aqua, come on out." she commanded, letting her Feraligatr out. "Get yourself something to eat but don't scare the other Pokemon." she commanded, the Feraligatr nodding and going to the Pokemon table to get herself some food. Tracy turned to the teachers and bowed. "Thanks for allowing me to come." she said, then showed them pictures of Stuckarp and Stuckry. "I drew these on the ship, are these the Pokemon you discribed?"

Geoffrey and Georgia examined closely the pictures that she had drawn. Then, Georgia straightened herself, and said to Tracy, "Yes, very much so, Miss Connors. Those are Stuckarp and Stuckry. Drawing skills like that are brilliant, and it will help us very much, and it will also help you, I think you'll find." With that, Georgia turned and released the three Pokémon that she had from other regions - Foam the Azumarill, Croc the Croconaw and Marshy the Marshtomp. Croc immediately ran over to Aqua the Ferilgatr, and danced around, trying to impress the member of its evolutionary family.

Geoffrey did not show any Pokémon at the moment - that would have to wait until tomorrow.

Tracy nodded. "Thank you." she said, bowing kindly. "They're intresting Pokemon, and I wish to become a Pokemon Researcher someday." she explained. "I also wish to be in contests, I'm training my Feraligatr for that." she continued. "But these Pokemon are very intresting, but tell me, are there also more well known Pokemon on the island or just new and unique ones?"

Aqua was eating when Croc came up to her. She swollowed her food and gave the little (compared to her) a toothy grin. She was happy to see another member of her line here, it'd be lonely if the only Pokemon there were these new strange ones. "Hello, I'm Aqua." she said in Pokemon talk.

Geoffrey replied, "Come on, there's no need to bow like that. I feel like some kind of Legendary Pokémon when you say that. Yes, there are a few 'well-known' Pokémon on this island, such as Corsola and their line, Chingling, Buizel, Meditite and more. You'll be told most of this tomorrow. But the island is mainly populated with the unique ones, as you call them. As for contests, we hold usually one or two a week. Georgia is the Co-ordinating teacher here. You can ask her about the contests."

With that, Geoffrey left to put a shirt on and a pair of shorts. Croc grinned at Aqua, and said, "My name's Croc. How are you?"

Christie gazed at the sea one last time before flipping off the boat with Hitmotop onto the island. Unfortunately, Hitmontop had been so eager to see the island, he had temporarily forgotten his sense of direction and had flipped off the boat into the sea. Christie turned back towards the boat to see Hitmontop stalking out of the sparkling ocean. Christie tried to hide her smirk, but she ended up bursting out laughing.

'Montop!' Hitmontop crossed its arms and mock-pouted sulkily as they both followed the others into the main building.

'Get a grip, Hitmontop! There's some food over there, so go eat away your sulkiness!' Christie teased the fighting type pokemon, but Hitmontop had already rushed off to get some food. Christie watched him race off before getting herself some food and sitting at a table near the pokemon.

Hitmontop balanced his plate on top of his head as he quickly weaved through the people's feet until he finally reached his destination of the other pokemon. He plunked himself down next to the bigger blue alligator and dug into his food whilst talking to the other pokemon with his mouth open.

'Howdy, 'gators! How's it goin'? Ya'll teacher pokemon or whurt?' Hitmontop spoke to the alligators cheerfully whilst shovelling food into his mouth.

OOC: Hooray! I'm actually posting on the first page for once!

IC: Alase wore a bright smile as she walked off of the boat, a Ditto on her head. She gazed around to see the beautiful island, sure that her time there would be amazing! Noticing everyone walk into the main building, she decided to follow them; perhaps make some new friends! She looked up at Dilt, her Ditto, and grinned.

"We're going to have an awesome time here, Dilt!" Alase cheered, pumping her fist in the air. Dilt made a sound that sounded like he agreed and pumped a tentacle/arm in the air to mimic Alase. Alase giggled and skipped into the massive building, stopping suddenly when she noticed all of the food. Her eyes opening as wide as possible, she raced over to the food and started loading everything up there that didn't include meat onto three plates. Alase got the plates safely to a table that was closish to the food tables, prepared to go back for more.

Up on her head, Ditto made a noise that was somehwat akin to disgruntlement. Alase giggled and set him down on the table, reaching into a messenger bag and pulling out a bag of specialized Ditto Pokémon food. Taking out a small dish from the same bag, Alase poured some of the Pokémon food into the dish, laughing when Dilt started devouring it hungrily. Taking a cue from Dilt, Alase started munching on her food, somehwat resembling a ravenous Ursaring.

Morgart walked off of the boat, and sat down at the table containing mounds upon mounds of food. Morgart twisted his fork, his appetite gone. His Mightyena was sitting beside him, looking at its trainer hungrily. Morgart took notice.

"All right, here ya go."

Morgart tossed him a piece of steak, which the hound gobbled up.

Morgart chuckled, and started to take in his surroundings.

"Well, it seems that this island has a lot more to offer than I expected...better take advantage of it."

Aqua looked down to the Hitmontop. "No, I'm a students. He's the teacher's Pokemon." she said, pointing to Croc. She then looked to Croc. "I'm good, really glad to be out of my Poke Ball after that long trip."

Tracy nodded. "Will we have a chance to capture Pokemon here? I think it said so somewhere, or I may be wrong." she said. "That's kinda why I only brought Aqua."

"Finally!" Paige exclaimed, getting off the boat, taking her first steps on the island. "Wow, this place looks so cool! C'mon out, Shelly! You've got to see this!" Paige took out her pokeball, and out came a purple colored Kingdra. "Isn't this place great?" Paige asked her Kingdra. Shelly cheerfully nodded.

"Let's go eat!" Paige quickly got her food, and sat at a nearby table. She noticed a Feraligatr, Croconaw, and Hitmontop talking together. "Shelly, go over there and make friends with those other pokemon." Paige pointed at the group of pokemon. Don't be shy, I'll be watching you the whole time." Shelly walked over to the pokemon, and greeted them. "Hi there! My name is Shelly. Who might you all be?"

"Yes, you will be able to capture Pokémon here," Geoffrey answered Tracy as he left.

Croc told the Hitmontop that he was simply a teacher's Pokémon, and told Shelly that his name was Croc, whilst watching a boy and a girl wolf down some food, along with a Porygon-Z and an Empoleon. He then looked back to the group, and said, "There's loads of great Pokémon here - even my trainer Georgia has cool ones, like Whisc--" He interrupted himself by covering his mouth. He had forgotten that he wasn't supposed to tell about the other Pokémon.

'Shelly?!' Hitmontop stopped shovelling food into his mouth and stared at the purple Kingdra, seemingly awestruck. That was, until, he started laughing his head off and began rolling on the floor laughing.

'Awww, that's reeeeeaaal furnny, Shelly-kins!' Hitmontop wiped his eyes before he began laughing again. 'You should be called Barbie, cuz you're pink instead'a blue! What kinda freak are you?!' Hitmontop began dancing and spinning around Shelly whilst still laughing. Before the Kingdra could attack him, a chip bopped him on the head.

'Cut it out, Montop!' Christie had noticed Hitmontop giggling crazily, and had been giving her a headache whilst she was thinking about the academy.

Aqua didn't like this and gave Hitmontop a Scary Face which would probably give a Darkrai nightmares.

Tracy went over and got her food. "So what brings you guys here?" she asked. "I'm here to study the Pokemon on the island." she explained. "And compete in the contests."

Hitmontop picked up the chip Christie had chucked at him, and ate it as he giggled at the Ferilagtr's scary face.

'Oh yeah, hotshot? I can do that too! Watch and learn!' Hitmontop smirked before pulling silly faces at Aqua. 'Ha! Now that was scary! Your's had nurthin' on mine!' Hitmontop crossed its arms triumphantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom