• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Explain Your Usertitle

Jack Atlas (the character in my signature) refers to himself as "the king" and his ace monster, the card portrayed in my avatar, as "his soul", so, taking a liar at his word on things he probably never meant entirely literally, "soul of the king" is an apt description of Red Dragon Archfiend. I changed a couple words because I thought it sounded better, and anyhow spirit works equally well because, in addition to meaning virtually the same thing as "soul", someone pointed that Yu-Gi-Oh! monsters are frequently portrayed as spirits, so I'm gonna half pretend I meant for this double meaning from the start.

I didn't give myself a custom title last time I dropped in, so it defaulted to well-known member. Decided to drop back in tonight, and since I have this picture of a wolf in a suit that I edited a Chevy bowtie into, I decided to play on it and make it say well-dressed member.
Revived this one to go with this dapper catfish

it's a lyric from lady gaga's song artpop. not only do i love that artist, that album and that song, but that lyric in particular summs up the majority of my feelings towards art, whether it's mine or someone else's. the term artpop is also one i love, the idea of meshing high art culture and pop culture into one is one of my favorite things. also art pop is my favorite genre

mar·ces·cent /märˈses(ə)nt/ (adj.)
(of leaves or fronds) withering but remaining attached to the stem.
It's autumn soon, so the leaves are going to be changing. Marcescence is typical for the foliage of oak trees; their leaves will wither but they don't fall off. I'm using the word both as a seasonal reference and as a metaphor for resilience.

Candlelight Cookie is a shut-in who spends most of their existence indoors, holed up within a Witch's attic. They spend their time there covetously hoarding treasure, keeping them maintained and staged neatly with candle lights serving as the light source (they implicitly dislike electric lighting) for their collection. Hence, anti-social avarice; Anti-social in that they're uninterested in going outside and being with their fellow cookies, and they were pretty rude to the one character that interacts with them in their own story; and avarice: which is an antiquated term for greed.

A tsuchinoko is an elusive creature that is reputed simultaneously as a cryptid and a youkai. Hitori Gotou is an anxious individual with such a depreciative outlook on her self that she desperately avoids attention, to the point she's compared, both by herself and by others; to the tsuchinoko.

Embedded below is an iconic example (0:16 for the specific instance)

A "ghost lineage" is an actual term in paleontology. The term is used to reference an inferential species/genus where there are otherwise gaps in the fossil record; a hypothetical ancestor, so to speak.

Paradox Pokemon in general are treated in-universe as akin to that of cryptids. Records of their existence appear to be treated as 'dubious' at best; as outside of the Scarlet/Violet Book, the only other records of their apparent existence come from the 'dubious, paranormal magazine' known as "Occulture," which gives an implication that they are products of fringe science. Slither Wing in particular is notable in that it's Occulture entry mentions that "no Volcarona fossils of [a prehistoric] era are known to have been found," which essentially makes it an example of the above term.

Back
Top Bottom