• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fall Fanfiction Awards - Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.
IN THE STORY TIER:

Best Serial-Speargun: The Untold Story of Cyrus by Sith Droideka. Again. I love the way it's written, the concept, just...everything. I don't think it gets the recognition it deserves.

Best One-shot-Uh...going with ignis fatuus by Zel. Who doesn't like a creepy story about the creepiest place in Pokémon history?

Best Journey Fic-I haven't read enough of Rival's Story or Son of Earth to vote for them, plus Stainless Steel is just starting, so I have no idea where it'll go...so for now, no nomination here. Expect one later, though.

Best Shipping Fic-Don't read shipping.

Best Dark Fic-uh...

Best Future Fic
-No idea

Best Non-Pokémon Fic
-Legion/Hellbound. Combines good story with intense fight scenes. THUMBS UP! P.S. I'm putting them together because they're different chunks of an overall story. HMPH!

Best Crackfic-Life of the Legendaries by Drakon. I don't like shipping. Especially homosexual shipping. I'm not a homophobe but gay Pokeemon just...ew. But goddammit, I really like this. It's a very odd story but is certainly funny. The CAPSLOCK COOLNESS, the bickering, the odd personalities given to each Mon...

Best Take on a Canon Character-Archie, from Speargun: The Untold Story of Cyrus, by Sith Droideka. He just...I dunno. He's so spastic and chipper and he makes me laugh. Sometimes it's difficult to believe he's going to grow up and be the Team Aqua leader...

Last edited:
Best Serial: Kris vs Gold: A Tale of War by AceTrainer14 - I've read most of this story and I gotta say it reminds me of watching the show, skips the day to day boring stuff and shows you all the important action that you expect to see. Its written very well too, in a way that tells ya enough but doesn't bore ya with tiny details and keeps ya interested.

Best Main Character:
Kris ~ Kris vs Gold: A Tale of War - She makes a good main character in my opinion; strong, determined, and kind. All good qualities to have and she's a very good trainer as well, knows how to use her head in tough battles and situations.

Best Supporting Character: Gold/Ethan ~ Kris vs Gold: A Tale of War - Gold makes an excellent rival for Kris in this story, he's like her complete opposite in every way. Cocky, hotheaded, and has a big ego, he has all the makings of a annoying rival but the story just wouldn't be the same without him.

Okay, here we go!

Story Tier

Best Serial: When Evil Meets Evil: Book Two: Hoenn Horrors (by alster08)
It may not be the greatest fic on this site but alster has done a great job creating his plotline (compared to the first book, this book is epic!), and I actually can't wait to find out who wins!

Best One-shot: I prefer to read longer fics so I don't really read oneshots as such... If I find one I like, I'll put it here.

Best Journey Fic: Generation 2021 (by Zekurom)
This amazing fic is one of my favourites on this site. There's plenty of action and the author does not hesitate to go outside of the box (such as with the cosplay contest with costumes that give the wearer Pokémon moves). There's lots of exciting foreshadowing, and, although it's set in Kanto, everything has changed. The gym leaders, the villains... It's all 100% original!

Best Shipping Fic: Again, I don't read much of this category... I've never been a fan of shipping fics, to be honest.

Best Dark Fic: Galactic (by AceTrainer14)
This extensive fic may seem like a normal Sinnoh fic featuring Team Galactic, but when you look closely, you'll see that it's anything but! I love the characters, and Team Galactic is much eviller (and therefore better) than before!

Best Future Fic: Generation 2021 (by Zekurom)
My reasons are above.

Best Non-Pokémon Fic: Erm... I'm not sure. I actually haven't read any non-Pokémon fics on the site...

Best Crackfic: Again, not sure... I don't like crackfics that much.

Character Tier

Best Main Character: Suigun the Buizel/Buoysel from Generation 2021 (by Zekurom)
Suigun is not only a cool character, he's also a Pokémon. He's witty and funny, but at other times he can be he symapthetic and helpful. There's also plenty of mystery surrounding him. My favourite character ever!

Best Supporting Character: Doctor Drelster, from When Evil Meets Evil: Book Two: Hoenn Horrors (by alster08)
I love characters that lead double lives, and Doctor Drelster is one of them! He's a teacher and a spy, and has a very logical way of organising things, which I like.

Best Antagonist: Shroud, from Pokémon Academy: Dragon's Roar (by Flame Haze)
Shroud's only appeared once in the fic, but it is a very cool villain. Shroud utilises the power of Darkan to possess Reggie (or something like that) and I love him! He's very evil and strange, and I'm sure he will appear more!

Best Take On A Canon Character: Bill, from Kris vs Gold (by AceTrainer14)
Bill is one of my favourite Pokémon characters in general, and AceTrainer14 portrays him perfectly. His booming voice, his attitude... It's a brilliant portrayal!

Best Original Character: Xavier, from Galactic (by AceTrainer14)
Xavier is different to many characters. He's a bit emotionless but is an essential part of the team in Galactic! Xavier also influenced one of my characters as well.

Last edited:
Best Journey Fic: Encounters by NikNak3000
This is a very interesting tale, and has a lot of mystery in it. I quite like how it is a new region, and the plot has kept me very interested. And the characters are good as well!

Best Dark Fic: Are We Heroes? by Gastly Mama
This story had me on the edge of the seat, and I was absorbed by it until the very end! It was very gruesome, though GM didn't go too overbroad with it, which was good, and the battle at the end was brilliant.

Best Main Character: Flame in The Flaming Journey of... by Flame Alex
I thought he was portrayed well for a new trainer, and the way it is written in present tense is a refreshing look at things.

Best Supporting Character: Alakazam in Rival's Story by Gastly Mama
Not sure if Pokemon can be nominated, but I foudn Alakazam's cocky personality a good comedic aspect during Blue's Elite Four battles, and I thought it was refeshing and a good way to relieve some of the tension

Best Antagonist: Agatha in BRival's Story by Gastly Mama
GM's portrayal of Agatha as a nasty, bitter, twisted old women was perfect in my opinion. The way she acted spitefully against her own grandson was just nasty, but was done perfectly!

Take On A Canon Character: Looker in Encounters by NikNak3000
I quite liked how Looker was brought in and given a more detailed character and persona, and hasn't been portrayed as a bumbling fool as he was in the anime.

Best Original Character: Ella in Encounters by NikNak3000
I like her persona quite a lot, and I find her refreshing and intelligent, and hasn't necessarily been made into a "Pokemon trainer" character. I look forward to seeing more from her!

EDIT:
I am throwing this extra one in as well:

Best One Shot AND Best Crack Fic: Vuvuzela by Kayi Rowling
I just read this and I thought that it was actually quite funny with the subtle humour at the end. Playing on one of the old jokes in the franchise, and finding a funny way to bypass the lack of names at the time and throw a bit of South Africa and the FIFA World Cup in there. Superb!

Last edited:
I'll start by saying that all my choices for the other categories have already been nominated so I won't bother nominating them again.

Best serial: Lessons in Love

I love the idea behind the series and found it to be an interesting parody of the AU High School fics that we normally see. Clever humour, nice interactions, and bitchy cheerleaders, this fic's got it all.

Best Shipping Fic: Lessons in Love

One of the quintessential components of the Anime Forums on Bulbagarden is the stormy love-hate relationship between Piplup and Gliscor'd. This fic does an interesting job at portraying the witty banter between the two and their hidden feelings.

Best Main Character: Piplup (Lessons in Love)

One of the most convincing and true portrayals I've seen in a long time. It's like the Piplup we know had he been an High School Senior dealing with problems like acne, dating and the prom.

So, yes, lots of nominations for this one fic. But, its not often I come across a fanfic I really like so I might as well make the most of it :D

IN THE STORY TIER:

Best Serial: Lessons In love.

Ill be honest here,I am not a fan of fanfiction.Specially fanfiction written on forums.I could count the number of fics I have read/follow with one hand,and still have fingers to spare.However,I found one fic ni particular that really amuses me.

Being an active member on the anime forums,this nice work of satire is always a delight to read,and I always get a good laugh with it.

Best Shipping Fic: Lessons in Love

GliscordxPiplup is one of the most popular shippings out there in the forums,with a community nearly 80 members discussing its hints and sharing fanarts and other fanworkd every month.Having a fan fiction dedicated to this topic(by not only making an accurate representation of the main characters but by also by setting it in the-full-of-narrative-possibilities that is High School)this fan fiction is a fan-favorite of the community.

Best Crackfic: Ice Cream Date

Once of those rare exceptions I can actually get around to read.Nice and fun take on the characters.It requires a lot of imagination to write about characters that aren't really explored much in the canon.

AND IN THE CHARACTER TIER:

Best Main Character: Gliscord from Lessons in Love.

Cold and distant,while at the same time seductive and symphatic.Very nice take on the real life character.

Best Supporting Character: Cascada
from Lessons in Love.
Every time she appears I get a smile in my face,she is that fun.Not to mention her awesome sense of fashion(8)

Best Antagonist : Itera from Lessons in Love.

Bitch.Absolute Bitch.I cant help but like this manipulative bastard who rules the academy with an Iron Fist on one hand and Pom Poms on the other.

Best fics: Gastly's mamas rivals story and legacys power inside

that is all.

Best fics: Gastly's mamas rivals story and legacys power inside

that is all.
I disagree. As the rules for these awards say, you must justify your choice, and must nominate some more fics too by the end of this week.

IN THE STORY TIER

Best Journey Fic: The Flaming Journey Of........... by Flame Alex. (I started reading this fic from the beginging and I have loved every chapter, especially the one about what happens when a Snorlax uses Earthquake on a plane! Either way I don't think this fic gets the readers it deserves and it is just an overall good journey fic.)

Best Shipping Fic: Don't read

Best Future Fic: Pokemon: The Power Inside by Legacy (This fic represents what I want to happen to Ash and friends. Now that I want them to get shot or kidnapped but the character developments and story is what I'm going at.)

Best Non-Pokémon Fic: Kamen Rider Kage by Godzillawolf (The amount of description and details put into each chapter [Even though there are only a few] is astounishing. The story line is great, it has a ton of action and battles, and it should be getting some more readers as well!)

Best Crackfic: Cynthia's Story by The Noob (If I was doing crack and reading this I would still think that to be the crakiest thing since an ass. The amount of surpises and humor that is put into it along with plot and detail keep me going back for MORE!)

If it hasn't been done already, I'd like to nominate just one fic:

Roots, by Gastly's Mama for the Best Crackfic award. It's a sobering reminder that cracky and disturbing fics do not have to be humorous in any way.

The reason it's just this one is because the rest of them that I'd want to nominate, including in the Crackfic category (you are allowed to nominate more than one per category, right?) have already been nominated.

Last edited:
Best Serial Fic : Rival's Story
(Endless chapters, and it seems to have the same amount of readers... for good reason. This story will grab with a lasso, and keep you panting for more. This story symbolies the ascent of a writer form wannabe to master.)

Best One-shot:???????????????

Best Journey Fic : Encounters Book one: Blinto
(What makes a good journey? Great story, characters and battles that make you wanna cheer. Blinto has it all, a must- read.)

Best Shipping Fic : Two Garnets some Cherries with Cream:
(other than the fact that its well written I love how there's a kind of break were the story telling stops to provide more info or even jokes)
Best Dark Fic : Twins of Fate Book Two
(This story could make a decent journey fic but a much better dark fic. Reason: The chase. The stakes are high, the game is dangerous and the creepiest character of all dwells there...)

Best Future Fic : Generation 2021:
(Great story, complelling story and characters. Its an amazing story. The huge plot twists only make the story better.)

Best Non-Pokémon Fic : Rakayza
(Well writen and of great quality. The intro simply pulls you in. I loved every word.)

Best Crackfic : ?????????

Best Main Character : Alfie (Encounters)
(Such a whimsical character and so original. His personality is funny and great)

Best Supporting Character : Hikaru (Generation 2012)
(The big brother type character, ironicly he is. Such a character. I wish I had a brother like that, he is so realistic.
His fate was extremely sad to read.
)

Best Antagonist Character : Guillotine (Twins of Fate book 2)
(An evil character that really shows how fun it can be to be evil. Whether its his creepy dialogue, or twisted games or even his mood swings, he makes you shudder.)

Take On A Canon Character : Red (Rival's Story)
(Taking a silent hero and turning him into an innocent character who has a special place in your heart to hate him is difficult. Gama has done great with this guy.)

Best Original Character : Reggie Damon (Dragon Acadamy, dragon's roar)
(This guy is throughly fun to read about.he develops nicely and make one heck of a lead.)

Last edited:
Remember TO POST A REASON FOR NOMINATING SOMETHING. Any further non-justified nominations will be disqualified.

Best Serial Fic: Rival's Story. It is the kind of fic where it shows the other side of the story, and makes you sympathize with the antagonist from the original story.

Hello! :awww:

I came by to declare the Nominations, like, officially over. The Voting thread will be up in a minute or two, so be ready!

All the single nominations (person nominated only one thing) and the non-justified nominations are, by default, disqualified.

Have a nice day! :ksmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom