• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fall Fanfiction Awards - Overall/Final Voting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kayi Rowling

*rules with cotton fist*
Reaction score
Hello! :awww:

OK, everyone, it's me again, and this time opening the thread for choosing the Best Story and the Best Character we have seen in these Fall Awards. Our candidates are:

Best Story

Best Character

Rules are the same:
  • You can't vote for yourself.
  • You can't make sockpuppet accounts to vote for yourself or a friend's fic. This is actually something we can infract you for, so keep it "one person = one vote per category" only.
  • You're highly encouraged to read a little bit of each nominated fic, to be fair.
  • You have to justify your choice.

We have two weeks for voting again, by the way :ksmile:

Well, I'm going with the one I rated highest - Roots, by Gastly's Mama.

Again, I'm not voting in the Character category, because I never reviewed any characters.

Last edited:
Pokemon: The Power Inside by legacy for best story because the story is great and I love the amount of detail Legacy puts into it.

Ash Ketchum from The Power Inside for best character because I believe Legacy handled him as a character very well.

Pokemon the Power Inside- Detail, amazing plot, great/origonal supporting characters, best story that I have read so far. It tells the story of how we want the best pokemon master to top off his career.

Reggie Damon- An insperation to other fic writers, he truely represents what a character should be. Whether it courage, bravery, or strength Reggie has it all.

Last edited:
Best story- Rival's Story: By far the best fanfic I have ever read, anywhere.

Best character- Ash Ketchum (TPI): Legacy did a great job with him.

Story: The Power Inside - I loved Rival's Story, but as an anime fan TPI is the more grown up adaptation that Ive wanted to see for years.

Character: Ash Ketchum - Like Ive said, he's been handled expertly and still has the familiar essence despite his aging.

Best story: Power Inside for it's detail and engaging storyline.

Best character: Ash Ketchum from TPI for his accuracy of his anime character.

My vote goes to TPI and Ash, from TPI. I love this story. The amazing writing, the awesome battling scenes. It's got everything you could want in a fanfic.

I also vote for Pokemon; The Power Inside for best story, and Ash for best character. To me, it's my favorite story because of the interpretation of the charactors I have loved since I was little. Ash and his friends.

Best Story: Two Garnets and Some Cherries: yeah it's weird that I'm voting for a shipping fic since I don't read but this fic actually interested me, I mean it's funny considering Giovanni practically tells Silver stories about his mom and him, which shows a side of the Giovanni from Pokemon Special that we didn't even know about, and Silver too.

Best Character: Red from Rival's Story, Gastly's Mama portrayed Red in a great way that actually made me despise him...if you know me you know that's hard for someone to do, and then she gave us a reason to love him again, that plus we know that he's really heroic even though he seems like a jerk for most of the fic.

Best Story - The Power Inside
The prose are at professional quality as is the very in-depth storyline. The characterization is great obviously, but it's the very original plot that takes the cake; it's got an epic evil threat, cameos from canon characters like Ethan, Agatha, Lance, etc. Overall, a great adventure.

Best character - Ash Ketchum
Again, the boy from Pallet that we all fell in love a decade ago is finally grown up but keeps his likability and trademark stubborness and hero-complex. Handled perfectly by Legacy IMO.

Best Story
Rival's Story, by Gastly's Mama
As I've said prior, this is one of the best series I've read. It has kept my interest where The Power Inside has not. It has proven Gastly's Mama has literature potential, and I hope he uses that potential for further projects of his.

Best Character
Reggie Damon, Pokemon Academy: Dragon's Roar
Reggie is one of the best fic characters on here. Unlike Red nd Ash, he has no form of history, which I find to be more interesting over the commonplace Red and Ash characters, that tend to blend in with the many others (yes, I've seen a**ehole Reds). I'd say Flame Haze has done a brilliant job with creating his own character.

best story-the power inside

the story is incredibly in depth and intreging. everything that happens has signifacince and the storys amazing

best charector-ash from the power inside
he handled him so well, just like the real anime writers would bu 100 times better IMO

Best Story: I'm going to vote for Pokémon: The Power Inside, by Legacy. As great as Rival's Story is, it doesn't have much of an original plot to it until the very end.

Best Character: I'm going with Reggie Damon, from Pokémon Academy: Dragon's Roar. True, Legacy and Gastly's Mama have done wonders with their (canon) characters, truly great original characters tend to be few and far between, and Reggie is definitely an example of one such character.

For me it's TPI and Ash from TPI for both awards. I have read almost all the nominees for this final stage and all are more than deserving of their respective awards.

But TPI is just my favorite. The way that Legacy introduces plot twists and ties everything together as the story goes on, it's just so fun to read. And the ever-present sense of mystery and excitement that builds throughout along with the amazing and accurate anime-like mannerisms all the characters have just makes this the winner to me.

And Ash is just made to be perfect for this story IMO. He has that certain element of Mary Sue but in this case it's more of a strength and legtimately part of the character's depth than it is a shortcoming of the author. In Ash's stubborn willingness to be the hero no matter what, he is flawed. When Team Rocket shows that they have the meddle to kill and be more evil than ever, Ash seems stupid for wanting to do something...but that's Ash. It's done in a realistic way and IMO that just makes him the best.

Best Story: Rival's Story
Best Character: Red from said story
Reason: This story is brilliant, with a combination of action, wit, tension and a great main character in Blue. It cast a great light over what the rival got up to, and showed some of the darker sides of the Pokemon world. A brilliant series headed up by a fantastic lead. And Red was used as a great alternative for a villian: a reclusive rival who is unjustly shoved aside.

Last edited:
Best Story: Rival's Story
Best CharacteR: Blue from said story
Reason: This story is brilliant, with a combination of action, wit, tension and a great main character in Blue. It cast a great light over what the rival got up to, and showed some of the darker sides of the Pokemon world. A brilliant series headed up by a fantastic lead
Blue is not a candidate.

Story: POKEMON: The Power Inside - I just think this is the best overall story. Has an original plot, amazing backstories written into it, and Legacy ties all the past events together. Misty being depressed back in Cerulean, May traveling with Drew, Dawn back with Ash "a few months after they separated", Max having Kirlia. It's this accuracy and loyalty to the anime is awesome.

Character: Ash Ketchum - Yup, I agree with the rest that Ash is handled great. As I read you can really tell Legacy took the time to really capture his essence in his writing while still making him a bit more believable. This balance is harder than simply creating a persona for an otherwise personality-less character from the games or creating a compltely OC.

Best story/character: Power Inside by Legacy. The story is amazing! Just purely amazing! The plot is epic and his portrayal of Ash is one of the most beautifully done in a fanfic. I hope he wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom