• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fallout: Hyper Training

No they don't. Horde battles being used as EV is just a fan tactic, not horde battles' real purpose(offering you a new style of battling wild pokemon).

And super training also allows you to check your pokemon's evs and allows you to reset them and and it's method(playing mini games) of gaining evs is completely different from horde battles.

Besides, no one is going to get hurt if they're both in the games, right?
I just don't see Game Freak giving us Horde Battles, Super Training, Hyper Training, etc all in the same game.

Also, does Hyper Training involve any sort of games like Super Training, or not?

I just don't see Game Freak giving us Horde Battles, Super Training, Hyper Training, etc all in the same game.

Also, does Hyper Training involve any sort of games like Super Training, or not?
At this point we don't really know all of the ins and outs of the mode.

I'd honestly be a little disappointed if horde battles were removed. I like the Phenomenon mechanic in Gen V, which got replaced by the DexNav in ORAS, and I'm hoping actualyl becomes a staple of the series from here on out. Being able to find specific pokemon for training is incredibly useful, especially for EVs

I always thought IVs were like a Pokemon's genes or DNA, so its a bit strange that they can be changed in this way

This has always been the hardest part of the discussion for me. I like that IVs resemble a each specific Pokemon's innate traits. I htink that it's great that each Pokemon gets to be unique. The problem is that this isn't optimal for competitive battling. In order to excel in the competitive scene you have to be the best (like no one ever was) and anything less is suboptimal. That 1 point difference could have a huge impact someday.

So it's a toss up for me. I appreciate that they're making us wait until max level before messing around with gene therepy.

I think it's a cool concept, but what I love most about it is that shows GameFreak is really starting to care about the competitive aspect of the game and attempting to making it more accessible than ever. I think the thought here is more important than the feature itself. A better IV training/modifying system can always be implemented in the future, but the first step is to acknowledge that these things need to be addressed more.

Personally I think I'll be using this for fixing up soft-resetted legendaries, imperfect bred shinies, reducing IVs to zero (if possible), and getting certain hidden powers. Breeding will still be the primary way for me to obtain my competitive Pokemon, as it still seems like the quicker method for me and I've become quite accustomed to it by now.

At this point we don't really know all of the ins and outs of the mode.

I'd honestly be a little disappointed if horde battles were removed. I like the Phenomenon mechanic in Gen V, which got replaced by the DexNav in ORAS, and I'm hoping actualyl becomes a staple of the series from here on out. Being able to find specific pokemon for training is incredibly useful, especially for EVs
I like Horde battles too. It help me find shiny pokemon in my AS game so I hope they keep that. Horde battles can be more than just training. They could have pokemon that can only be found in hordes.

Okay, first of all, I love the thread name. Second of all, I'm totally on board for this idea. Really appreciating how Game Freak is putting in all these nice features for the competitive scene.

If we can tamper with IVs now I hope they find new ways to make each Pokemon unique, kindof like IVs did.

I appreciate that it's important to the competitive game play aspect, but to the ideal that each and every Pokemon is unique with its own traits...hmm.

So for a Hawaii connection here these bottle caps may actually be milk caps AKA pogs.

wikipedia said:
Milk caps is a game that was popular among children during the early-mid 1990s. The game is also known by the brand name "Pog" which is owned by the World Pog Federation.[1] The name pog originates from POG, a brand of juice made from passionfruit, orange, and guava; the use of POG bottle caps to play the game preceded the game's commercialization.[2] The game of milk caps possibly originated in Hawaii (Maui) in the 1920s or 1930s,[3][4] or possibly with origins in Menko, a Japanese card game very similar to milk caps, which has been in existence since the 17th century.[5]

Even though we've seen other collectors in the series obsess over weirder things than bottle caps Mr. Hyper is said to collect these which would be interesting since they are a type of collectible toy.

Yeah no I doubt I'll be bothering with this. I barley have the patience to level up my competitive teams to level 50. If they think I have enough time to do it for another 50 levels then they've really underestimated their players, especially considering a large majority are kids (who have never been known to be the most patient bunch).
Aren't competitive teams capped at 50 for competition anyway? I honestly have no idea for the VGC; I know the Maison caps you at 50 when you battle there.

But I don't think that this is really meant for competitive teams. I think that this is actually meant for your in-game team. You know the one, the one that you leveled to 100 in order to beat the E4. This is actually meant for the Pikachu that carried your tail through Kalos but has terrible stats, for the "not quite but almost perfect" wild caught Pokemon, the one that has one perfect stat and still became the captain of your team.

In other words, this sounds like it's for the Pokemon who fought by your side to earn you the championship. I think that this is really meant for them, thus the level 100 requirement.

I'm actually a bit giddy about this, to be quite honest. I know I will be using it but for one Pokemon and one Pokemon only: my Golurk Riser. "He" is perfect in Defense and has excellent stats overall but could use this, as his Attack isn't the best it could be. If Bottle Caps are rare, fine. I'll hoard them. Then I will use them to strengthen Riser. That Cap that Magearna is carrying? She's holding that bauble so I can use it on Riser. He fought so hard for me in Unova and in Kalos that he's the one who earned this reward.

I'm hoping we can purchase more at whatever battling facility is in Alola; I can rack up a decent amount of BP with Bank and send it over. But I'm excited about this. I can finally unlock Riser's full potential here; he did so much for me, so now I get to return the favor.

I'd honestly be a little disappointed if horde battles were removed.

I think if Horde Battles were going to be removed, it would be more for reasons concerning the appalling framerate rather than, "Oops, we've got too many helpful features!"

But I don't think they'll be removed anyway. We can finally use Honey to attract Pokémon in great numbers! We can't lose that before the Sinnoh remakes come out!

I said having both Super Training and Horde Battles would be redundant, as both serve the same purpose. I assume Game Freak had them both in XY and ORAS, to see which the fans prefer for EV Training purposes, and will only keep one of them in Gen VII.

With Super Training and Hyper Training I was just joking with the names. And how Game Freak thinks its original to go from Super to Hyper.

Not really. I don't think Game Freak introduced Horde Battles for EV training purposes. That's what fans have done with Horde battles, but Super Training is specifically made for EV training. I don't think that they necessarily have to choose one from the other for Sun/Moon. And going from Super to Hyper does kind of fit. There's Super Potions and Hyper Potions, so I thought that was a nice touch.

I don't see why they couldn't have Super Training in the game along with Hyper Training. They're both significantly different and Hyper Training can't be done until you get a Pokemon to level one hundred. Even with the easier ways to level grind, that's still going to take awhile to do, while with Super Training, you can do that basically as soon as you get the Pokemon. We don't know what Hyper Training involves yet. They didn't show any footage of how you Hyper Train your Pokemon. It's possible that it would involve some mini-games, but I don't think that would be enough to make them not include Super Training.

Considering that we already have something akin to Pokemon Amie, if not actually Pokemon Amie, I'd be kind of upset if they didn't include Super Training too. That made EV training so much less tedious and since they want to make it easier for people to get into competitive gameplay, it would make sense to keep it around.

I said having both Super Training and Horde Battles would be redundant, as both serve the same purpose. I assume Game Freak had them both in XY and ORAS, to see which the fans prefer for EV Training purposes, and will only keep one of them in Gen VII.
Horde Battles were a new battle mechanic, something that hadn't been done in the wild before. Sure, fans found it easier to EV grind with Horde Battles but that wasn't the intended purpose I believe. Besides, if you really want all of the Ribbons you can possibly get on your Pokemon now, you have to Super Train; if you want the Training Ribbon, you can only get it via Super Training. It's not easy but I've done it. (And it looks fab on my Golurk; totally worth the trouble.)

All in all, I really can't wait for this. I don't care if I have to wait until post E4 to do it, either. I'm gonna make my Riser the champ he always should have been so yeah, I am so hype right now! :D

I feel like I'm more empowered to shiny hunt, for one. I started making my pokemon more competitively viable and then realized how many of my favorite shinies I had to try to re-breed and almost died. Now I've pulled some of my old sub-par shinies out of the PC and leveled them up! They're just waiting for me to collect a bunch of bottle caps in November (or in January, more likely, since it's probably post-game and I play slowly) before they get to join my favorite "gym teams" in being viable.

I just realised the other day that this would be good for shinies I've hatched that have the right nature but wrong/less than ideal IVs. One of which is an awesome shiny Clauncher and another is a shiny HA Eevee (for Sylveon), both of which I will finally be able to train up and use in battles with friends without being at a disadvantage. :D

I have a few more too, but I'm not sure whether their natures are correct and would need to check. Sadly it's going to be no use for my shiny Tyrunt which didn't hatch with its HA :(

Oooh, you have no idea how happy this whole thing makes me!

I'm someone who nicknames all her Pokemon and bonds with them throughout the game. I used to dislike Raticate quite a bit, until I gave it a chance and we became closer because of our journeys across Johto together. I always felt sad that I'd have to part ways with my starter or any of my in-game team, because I came to love THEM. Pokemon mean something to me, as silly as that may sound... But they're like individuals to me. They're the ones who got me through gym battle after gym battle!

And on the idea of Super, Hyper training and horde battles... If we can't have them all, I say they get rid of Super Training. Super Training was far too tedious for me and hordes made it super simple to get the EVs you wanted. I really hope they don't get rid of such an awesome feature... Because if it's super training over hordes I'll be enjoying EV training a lot less.

My biggest request is that we don't lose Super Training. I loved not having to find the best spot to grind a particular stat, and Super Training made it quicker anyway. If we can get both Super AND Hyper in the one game. I will be happy, finally, my beloved Pokemon will have a chance against the inbred, steroid pumped Pokemon that are everywhere online.
And on the idea of Super, Hyper training and horde battles... If we can't have them all, I say they get rid of Super Training. Super Training was far too tedious for me and hordes made it super simple to get the EVs you wanted. I really hope they don't get rid of such an awesome feature... Because if it's super training over hordes I'll be enjoying EV training a lot less.
Swap around "Super Training" and "Hordes" and you have MY personal opinion.

I hope they keep Super Training as well, make Hyper Training an additional add on as super training had non stat specific ones to win items.

Also I wonder if these increased IVs will be passed on? Can we just all put our Dittos through hyper training get them to 31 in each stat and then breed Pokemon in the traditional way? But with much higher chances and much quicker to get 31 Iv Pokemon.

I'm honestly very surprised at how many people enjoyed Super Training. The only reason I'd ever switch to that tab was to
1. Check how many eggs I currently had
2. Check EVs

Otherwise, I simply Pokerus'd and EXP. Shared Pokemon I had to EV train via hordes. I don't know, Super Training wasn't fun to me at all. If anything it was very tedious, especially when it came to getting evo stones.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom