• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Familiars

Status
Not open for further replies.
"What you do with Venio is something only you can do but it's not exactly the same thing." Kleus pointed out while crossing his arms as he turned to Jasper. "These spells are a bit more complex a they can increase or grant new abilities that they wouldn't normally have."

"So better than turning him, into a giant badass dire wolf? Well I'm interested don't know about you guys. Though the name is still weak."

"I suppose it is a bit lame. Buddy spells." Lucrezia shrugged and turned to her Familiar. "Well, why don't we get started?"

Jori nodded and looked at Rei. "We're already kind of used to working together, so let's give this a shot. My magic and Luca's is very defensive and manipulative. So why don't you try an offensive spell or create a projectile or something, and we'll try to disguise it or hide it so the person it's aimed at won't even see it coming."

"Yes, that sounds exciting! You're so clever, Jori!" Luca bounced over and hugged her Familiar. "I'm ready to give it a go!"

"Alright, I think I can do that. Thanks." Rei said. He meant it. He was glad he had made a friend since becoming a mage. But he remembered that he couldn't get too close. He closed his eyes.

"Right. Here goes nothing." He says. He held out his right hand, opening his palm, and shoot a fireball from it. Cliche, but effective.

Jori swiftly moved to stand next to Rei and held her hand underneath his. She focused on the magic he released, a fireball how original, but it would work. She pictured the fireball in her mind and then changed it to the image of a leaf. The fireball continued streaking towards a flowering bush and Jori gritted her teeth in concentration. There! The fireball shimmered for an instant then appeared to change into a rose the moment before it collided with the bush, which burst into flame.
"It's a little difficult to change things that I can't touch. . ." she explained. "Maybe we could try it the other way? Luca, try doing one of your defensive spells and maybe someone can make it offensive?"

Luca thought for a moment, then gestured to Iris. "Okay, I've got an idea. I'll cast a Sun Strike and you try to make it more powerful, maybe? Is that something you can do?" She thought for another moment. "Or I could form a shield from my Winged Embrace spell but could you use your magic to make it painful for another to touch or encounter?" This was more difficult than she had thought it would be! But Iris seemed clever, maybe she could come up with something interesting.

Artemis pouted a bit as she looked down at the floor and pocketed her hands. Jason noticed tht she seemed kind if melancholic before looking at the others. "Feeling left out?" Jason asked with a raised eyebrow.

Artemis turned around, her face flustered as she shook her head. "No, I'm okay I mean why would I feel left out." She laughed while crossing her arms, sh didn't want to admit it but she did feel a bit left out.

Will carefully pondered his options, thinking about the best routes to perform a Buddy Spell.

Nova had already transformed into her battle form, wings, tail, revealing outfit and all. Nova already was already stretching herself out, and getting herself ready for training.

"I think I have an Idea." Will said, he then looked at one of the aides. "Get me a training dummy, now." The Aid hurried, and brought a human shaped training dummy.

"Okay Nova." Will called, while pulling his gun out of his holster. "I need you to do one simple task, I need you to trap that dummy in a seal of some sort, and I'll harness most of my power into one shot."

"Roger that." Nova smiled.

With the formation, set, Will readied his gun, while Nova flew in a circle around the dummy. A mark shaped seal appeared around the dummy, which would restrict its movements if it was alive. Will then charged his power, as an ominous black orb the size of a basket ball formed around the muzzle of his gun.

"Begone." Will shouted. The orb was then launched at it's target, causing the the dummy to explode into pieces upon impact.

"That should be satisfactory." Will smiled.

"...Meh." Jasper shrugged, "Wheres the style?"

Jasper stepped up and closed his eyes.

"Venik lend your ear." Jasper whispered.

Channeling his pets acute senses Jasper leaped into the air, performed a seven twenty spin and slashed right through a dummy before landing.

Iris and Meeka headed over to Arteis and Jason. "Hi guys. I would offer to train with you, but I don't really know what Meeka can do yet."

"Oh, right sorry Artemis." Will Apologized. "Sometimes when an idea hits me, I just zone out."

"I have an idea!" Rei said. He took out some chalk and began drawing a picture.

"Okay, Luca, you get on my shoulders...And we tape Emilo to her head...While Jori distracts the opponent." Rei said, pushing his glasses up his nose as he drew.

"And then we set Emilio on fire and ram into someone. How about Will?" Rei asked. He had finished his drawing. It looked less like Luca on Rei's shoulders with Emilio taped to her head with Jori distracting someone, and more like a stick man with a hamster on his shoulders with a rabbit on her head while a clown tickled a face.

"Or you do something that makes fucking sense, and actually works." Jasper growled seeing Rei's idiocy.

"Ah, yes, because you've done so much better than me and my partner, haven't you?" Rei said to Jasper, as he continued writing. He pushed his glasses up his face, then took out his watch and checked it. He briefly debated bringing up Jason's loss at the competition the other day, but decided that would be a bit too mean, even for him. He started winding the watch slowly. "Luca, I think your idea is wonderful. I haven't seen your Sun Strike, but if it's fire based I can help." Rei held out his hand, and a blue fireball appeared in it. He tossed it to himself, catching it and throwing it in the air.

Last edited:
Artemis turned to Iris and Will an smiles. She walked towards Iris and began inspecting Meeka, looking for something that she could use. "Actually I'd say she's perfect for Bufdy Spells." Artemis nodded her head and petted the cat. "Animal familiars are easier to sync with, and with buddy spells you can increase her features or even give her new abilities...oh I heard if some spells you could use on her too." She explained with clear eagerness before she took out a small notepad from her pocket. "Cats are fast so a speed spell would work wonders.""You really are interested in these things." Jason pointed out as he eyed her notepad. "Speed would be good for me too now that I think about it.""Nova is a pretty balanced Familiar so anything would go well, but rather spells that match with the abilities she already has." She said; she scratching her chin slowly while being in thought.

"I am going to point this out. My eyes are closed yet I know venik is salivating over Meeka."

The dire wolf was doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom