• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Farigiraf Appreciation Thread

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
The newest Pokemon reveal is Farigiraf, a Normal/Psychic type and the evolved form of Girafarig. Decided to create an Appreciation Thread for it like the other new Pokemon

Farigiraf.png

While i think its funny and cute... it has the same problem i have with Cinderace. Its just a Girafarig with a hoodie on... Cinderace is just a bigger Scorbunny with clothes on.
Aren't most Pokémon just the previous evolution just bigger with something added to it? Look at Blastoise: It's Squirtle, but bigger and has cannons.

Aren't most Pokémon just the previous evolution just bigger with something added to it? Look at Blastoise: It's Squirtle, but bigger and has cannons.

Yes... but at least Blastoise body proportions change enough from Squirtle that its vastly different. It also changes its tail enough from Squirtle and Wartortle. So its not so glaringly obvious its just a bigger Squirtle.

Now... you are correct about most Pokemon... but your example wasn't that on point (If you would have mentioned Chimchar/Infernape, Turtwig/Torterra or Snivy/Serperior, the case was made better imo, but even Chimchar/Infernape you can argue about).

She looks cute. Not sure if she'll make it onto my permenant team, but I've always had a fondness for Girafarig so I might at least look to have a Farigiraf for a minute.

I like the design got the same more proportionate design that Pokémon like Alolan Exeggutor got

Happy they took the approach with embracing the tail but not making it look like beta Girafarig, Farigiraf looks more natural

I’ve seen people wanting it to have had the dark type added mostly as a replacement to normal
But honestly it doesn’t look “darker” than normal Girafarig the spikes i can see but the dark side color scheme now in the front doesn’t affect much to me and still plays off the spot designs of giraffes just more inversed

Besides you can always just Terastalize to a dark type as I think normal/psychic is fine still

I think this is one of my favourite new pokemon revealed so far. It helps that I already liked Girafarig.

Not sure if it'll be on my team, it might be if the other new Pokemon don't excite me.

I hope it's a permanent evolution and not just a case that it only evolves in Paldea. Region exclusive evolutions seems like a great way to never see an evolution again after the gen they were introduced...

I just remembered Girafarig has a gender difference (The dark color of the body is longer on one gender than the other) so I am curious if they will carry that on with Farigarif or not. One gender has a longer hoodie I guess?

I just remembered Girafarig has a gender difference (The dark color of the body is longer on one gender than the other) so I am curious if they will carry that on with Farigarif or not. One gender has a longer hoodie I guess?
Considering the pokedex has the male and female (and presumably shiny) icons at the top and neither one seems bigger than the other, my guess is that there's no gender diffrences.

Screenshot_20221007_160628.png

I love it so much! The whole concept of the head and tail merging is a bit weird, but it's executed in a really fun way that gives us a Giraffe more faithful to the actual animal's proportions plus spotlight for a seriously overlooked and underrated Pokemon :bulbaLove:

I'm glad that they give more gen 2 pokemons love. Also happy that they don't stop giving old pokemon normal non-regional evolution.
In just one year (PLA included) Johto has received
4 (or 5 by proxy with Kleavor)
cross-generational evolutions,
regional evolutions and
5 Paradox species.

Last edited:
In just one year (PLA included) Johto has received
4 (or 5 by proxy with Kleavor)
cross-generational evolutions,
regional evolutions and
4 Paradox species.

True, but Farigiraf seemed the first old Pokemon that got conventional, non-regional, non-gimmicky evolution since gen 4 (ok, gen 6 if you count Sylveon), so it felt more special to me compared to previous regional evos & Hisuian evos.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom