• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite game and series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So, Very simple. What is your favorite game series, and what is your favorite game from said series.

#1-Ace Combat:
One of the best dogfighting games out there, and it has some of the best story of any game I have ever played. They are very well designed, and I hope they keep getting made for years to come. As for favorites:

#1- Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
Best story by far out of all of them, and it has the most planes out of all of them. The opening shows just how badass this game is:

The opening

#2- Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
May get me labelled a heretic by some of the more die-hard fans of the original games, but you know what, STFU. Its a great game and not EVERY game in the series has to be in Strangereal. Even then, its like a Tom Clancy novel turned into a game. Thats just awsome. If they put even HALF of the stuff from this game in the new ones, and go back to Strangereal with new story and breath in it, it will make an already kickass series even more kickass. Proof:

The trailer for it

=#2 Fallout:
It kind of goes without saying. This game is a classic, and some of the most fun I have in anything. For me, it is a tie between:
Fallout 3-for story and location
Seen here...

Fallout New Vegas-For gameplay, characters, and factions present
...And here

=#3 Call of Duty:
And I believe I have just commited an ultimate sin, if internet backdraft is anything to go by. I will agree, most of the newer call of dutys after the original Modern Warfare are getting pretty bland.....except one.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

It is the only Call of Duty that has really held my attention, including the older ones, and I cant wait for Black Ops 2 to come out.

#4 Almost everything every made by Koei:
I said the whole company because it is rare that they release a game I dont like. They are well worth the money as they make LONG,cinematic campains that can take up to 80 hours on even the fastest playthroughs. Of course, I wont put EVERY game series I like on here, but the ones that stand out to me are:

Warship Gunner 2
Boss rush gameplay
For completely ludicrous boss designs and even more ludicrous player ship designs(<--- limited by deck space. Other than that, you can have 40 20" cannons on your ship if you want.)

Nobunaga's Ambition: Iron Triangle
Gameplay
Dont let the aged graphics (this game came out in 2011, btw) and other ammenties fool you. This game is for people who like political and military simulaters, and can at times be even harder than the fabledly hard XCOM.

PTO IV
More gameplay
Exaclty like Nobunaga's Ambition, but swapping Sengoku Japan for World War 2, and swapping playing as the Daiymo of a Japanese clan for the head of one of the 4 major navies (US, Britian, Germany (with some Italian ships), and Japan.

Ratchet and Clank; Ratchet and Clank 2:Locked and Loaded.

Favourite non-Pokemon videogames?

(I am sure at some point someone must have already made a thread like this, if so I apologize)

What videogame series do you love aside from Pokemon?

My favourite are... (Not in any order)

-The Sims
-Elder Scrolls
-Fallout
-Final Fantasy
-Harvest Moon&Rune Factory
-Dragon Quest
-Breath of Fire

@Moogleknight24; I have merged your thread with this one as they are both similar enough that they needn't remain separate. Please look a little further with the search function or pages in the forum for similar threads if you can, in future.

I'll just go by series
-Assassin's Creed
-Pokémon (kind of required here)
-The Legend of Zelda
-Professor Layton
-Resident Evil

My top ten series, in no particular order, are:

1. StarCraft
- Can't really say much until Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void are out to complete II, but the original takes the cake so far.
2. Halo
- Again, can't say much because I haven't played 4 beyond the first level, but until then it's Reach.
3. Dead Space
- Original
4. Batman: Arkham
- Arkham City. It took everything that was good about Asylum and made it better.
5. Darksiders
- Both games play differently from one another, but I'm going to go with II.
6. The Elder Scrolls
- Morrowind. End of discussion.
7. Mass Effect
- 1 for the story, 3 for the gameplay.
8. Assassin's Creed
- Haven't played III yet, so I'll stick with II for now.
9. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- I'm including The Old Republic in this, but KotOR one for sure.
10. Half-Life
- Gee, this is tough. Both are incredible.

Last edited:
My game franchises of choice are...

Castlevania
[I'll be one of the few to say this, but out of all the great games in this series, my favorite is NOT Symphony of the Night. Instead, that award is split between Castlevania 64 and Portrait of Ruin.]

Mega Man
[This one's pretty hard to narrow down due to the expansiveness of the series, but I went with Mega Man X5. The boss line-up, music, graphics, and plot were all quite interesting to me. The difficulty is insane, true, but not to the point of being unenjoyable.]

Rosenkreuzstilette
[Both games are extremely enjoyable. I can't honestly pick between them.]

Touhou Project
[I can't say I honestly found much to complain about in the games of this series. Even the fangames tend to be enjoyable. In the end however, my pick was Touhou 6 - Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, on account of being my first game and providing me with the most satisfying boss victory I've had in my gaming career next to Wolf Sigma in Meg Man X. The music is phenomenal and the character designs are nice too.]

Kirby
[Kirby 64 by far. The Crystal Shards made an interesting plot element, the game itself was fun, and it looked visually appealing as well. Earns bonus points for it's OST as well.]

Legend of Zelda
[My favorite game in this series is Majora's Mask by far. The detail put into the game was amazing, and it's storyline was very dark too. Continues the tradition of being fun and having nice music like other entries in the series.]

Resident Evil
[I have 3 games to choose from. By far, Resident Evil 2 was my favorite. It was my first game in the series, and thus provided the biggest breath of fresh air from the normally non-scary games I play.]

Super Smash Bros.
[This one comes down to SSBB and SSBM. In the end, I picked SSBM.]

Hm, let's stick with the main ones here:

Super Smash Bros. (Brawl is the best except for the intro. Melee intro is waaaaaay better.)
Fire Emblem (Radiant Dawn is my favorite so far)
The Legend of Zelda (Twilight Princess is a personal favorite, but I like Majora's Mask and Skyward Sword as well. I also like Link's Awakening because it's really deep.)

Favorite game of all time??

Red. Dead. Redemption. It's just perfect.

HONORABLE MENTION

Fallout 3. Stunning size of a game, stunning story, tight AF gameplay. It's the complete package.

Spec Ops: The Line. One of the single greatest shooters of all time. While the gameplay is passable and doesn't redefine and expand the genre, the writing and story and animations and graphics are beyond superb. It will go down in the annals of gaming history as one of the most underrated masterpieces ever made.

ACII. It's ACII. Nuff said.

Favorite Series?

Assassin's Creed, with I and II in particular.

HONORABLE MENTIONS

Call of Duty. So sue me, I like to turn off my mind for awhile and enjoy some old school blowing shit up.

Destroy All Humans!. The first two games were great, with DAH!2 once holding the title of my favorite game. They blended humor with a great concept and over the top, ridiculously fun gameplay. Too bad every other release sucked dicks.

My favourite series is definitely Ace Attorney, and I loved all of the games in the series but my favourite one has got to be Trials and Tribulations. The last case and the ending were just so heartwarming, and it was a great end to a great series.

Halo
No doubt! I've been following the story since the original Halo back on the Original Xbox. Right now, I'm playing Halo 4 on Legendary (first time) and I am really enjoying how 343 Industries put together the story. Oh man, looking forward to the ending! ^_^

Assassin's Creed
Well my cousin got me into this game. I started off with Brotherhood and I am currently playing Revelations. I'll probably get AC3 when I have the time and money. Or better yet, I should get the first Assassin's Creed then AC2 and then play AC3.

Red Dead Redemption
I absolutely love the story for this game. Although, I didn't get to finish the DLC or that other story for RDR the one with zombies and stuff. I'll probably ask my cousin to give me the disc for the 360 so I can finish It!

Harvest Moon: Back to Nature
If I really need to get my stress out from Call of Duty, I'd play Harvest Moon. Honestly, I prefer BTN over the other Harvest Moons out there. I guess Innocent Life is fairly decent, but the part where you have to figure out how to prevent the world from being destroyed is tricky to figure out.

Samurai Warriors
Back when I still had my Original Xbox, I always enjoyed playing this game. Too bad the disc was heavily scratched making It unreadable! :(
If you don't know how the gameplay is, check this video.

Minecraft
Pretty sure everyone knows this! ;3

Portal / Portal 2
Puzzle games FTW<3

Grand Theft Auto
I played almost every GTA game ever made except the Original GTA and GTA II. But I never completed GTA III. I've played IV, San Andreas, Vice City, Liberty City Stories, and Vice City Stories. I'm really looking forward to GTA V.

Mortal Kombat Series
I've played almost every MK games. From the Original to Armageddon. Haven't played the latest one yet. But the best "Konquest" is Deception. Never liked Armageddon's Konquest since It goes back in the beginning instead of free roaming like you can do on Deception. I haven't played Deadly Alliance though.

Tekken
Started off from Tekken 3 on the PSOne and from that, I played Tekken 4, Tekken 5, and now Tekken 6. I always have a blast playing with my friends on Tekken 6 for the PSP! Tekken will always be a fun game to play with friends and family!

Crash Bandicoot Warped
One of my childhood games on the PSOne. Its a pretty fun game actually. Too bad this series won't ever return in the future. I would like a HD remake though!

Spyro Year of the Dragon
Again, another childhood favorite game for the PSOne.

Tomba and Tomba 2
Lol yes, another one of my childhood games for the PSOne. Although, I like Tomba 2 better. I would always play this game A LOT. Even when I completed the game, I'd still go play It again! xD

Need for Speed: Underground & Underground 2
I like both actually, but Underground 2 is better cause you can free roam.

Super Mario
Super Mario Advance 2 is all I can come out from the top of my head. There are more that I played, but can't exactly remember :c

Oh boy, that's a lot of games I listed here! HAHA! I could add more, but we'll see. Trying to remember all the games I played before. To be honest, I prefer old gen games rather than this current gen. Which is why I didn't list Call of Duty here because practically other games try to be like COD and other games seem to try and copy each other. Lack of originality like in the previous generations. Don't get me wrong, I do play Call of Duty, in fact, I have one for Steam and I play Zombies and Multiplayer, but there are other games I could list other than COD since Its too mainstream nowadays.

White Knight Chronicles Best game series I've ever played, I like the story to it and characters

Megaman X: If I had to pick it would be X4. Played it a lot when I was a kid and I felt like a badass as Zero dashing and chopping up everyone I meet and then teleporting out of the stage like a boss.

Final Fantasy: Torn between 6 and tactics as long as I can remember. Both present large casts and truely amazingly complex stories and characters. Square needs to look into a HD remake of one of these sometime imo. On a side note Terra, Celes and Agrias ftw.

Pokemon: I'm really liking white 2 with all the new stuff and the move tutors introduced.

Super Smash Bros: Mainly Brawl since you can play as Lucario.

Castlevania: Started with Symphony and aria of sorrow as a kid and loved them. When the 3d ones came out I loved curse of darkness since it felt like symphony and aria but had that kickass familiar system.

Devil May Cry: 3 by far since Dante was so damn hilarious in that game. Vergil is also awesome for his mad katana skills and battle themes.

Resident Evil: Could always count on RE3 to give me a rush since Nemesis could strike at any moment. Plus I love Jill Valentine and I believe this game showed her best moment in taking out Nemesis.

Legend of Zelda
Harvest Moon
Fire Emblem
Golden Sun
Final Fantasy

Rune Factory: Fun combo of farming, and dungeon crawling. My fave game of the series is Rune Factory 3 even though it's short the characters are hilarious.

Catherine: Love the story, and the game play! It keeps you on the edge at all times really. <3

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Echoes of Time: Way too short! D: But the story is just tear jerking, and the gameplay is pretty straightforward.

Harvest Moon, A Wonderful Life: The very game that got me addicted to Harvest Moon and farming games. So it holds a special place for me.

Monster Rancher DS: This gives me nostalgia from my childhood. -w-

Bayonetta: I was obsessed for a good 2 months I think? Though the story's too short. Thank arceus for the Wii U and Bayonetta 2. <3

Sonic Adventure Battle 2: Treasure hunting with Rouge was a blast for me. I got all A's everywhere. xD

And I think that's all.

Uh Probably Pokémon Gold/ Heart Gold for favourite game. Favourite series is a tie between Pokémon and The Legend of Zelda.

Favorite series: Pokemon
game from series: 3 way tie between white, heartgold and platinum

honorable mention: the elder scrolls series and Morrowind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom