• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Gym Leader

flannery cause shes the hottest out of all the female gym leaders and koga for male gym leaders cause hes a ninja

Kanto: I'm not really sold on any of them. Brock and Misty have the benefit of having cool anime counterparts, and I like Green in the Johto era, but I don't think that counts.
Johto: Morty's always been my favorite. I really love his design and attitude. Coolest guy in town. I'm also very fond of Falkner and Bugsy. They don't really have personalities, but their designs are great.
Hoenn: Definitely Brawly. He's a cheery, laid-back sort of guy who's still hardcore enough to run his own gym, I like that.
Sinnoh: Roark and Volkner. Roark's a sweet kid and has a cool backstory, while Volkner is adorably emo until he gets excited about battle again, and then he's adorably passionate.

I can't believe I spelled his name wrong. I don't know why I thought it was Voldon. Thanks for correcting me. xD

I agree, poison types have had some poor representatives, and they haven't been given hardly any attention since the first generation when it comes to characters, which is weak because they are a very reliable type. Especially if you want to frustrate your opponent. I think it may be because of the number of villains in the games that make use of poison types and how many poison Pokemon are duel types.

Other than Bruno the fighting types have been cut short too. I have high hopes for the next generation, even though we haven't previewed anything yet.

Why are you reposting my post without a quotation? You didn't even say anything. What the heck?

I don't consider Chuck and Brawly effective fighting type users because I never had any trouble whatsoever beating them. Maylene gave me some trouble, but I've never even taken a hit from Chuck's Pokemon, and Brawly only got one move out before his Pokemon were KO'd. I admit they haven't been cut short in having gym leaders specializing in fighting types, but even Bruno hardly shows just how powerful fighting types can be, that may just be the generation though, and I almost always have the type advantage because of how I choose my party.

I personally like Misty, I love water types, Lt. Surge, he was just so cocky, until you beat him, and his puzzle was hard! And Koga, just because he was a ninja, which made him full of win!

I think Jasmine's the prettiest. Long, brown hair...white dress...

I love Candice, and I think Whitney is the best Johto gym leader.

Red : Misty (As a fire type trainer , I took a whole hour ! to beat her after 17 tries.
Blue : By luck I crossed Misty without any trouble and then , Blaine ( Geez , he has the best anime battle of Kanto )
Yellow : Doc Brock ( you ask why...)
Gold / Silver : Jasmine ( Because she is the best looking....hot)
Crytal : Klare ( Best anime battle..)
Ruby : Mosdeep ( took me 25 tries ....not using my Blaze ofcourse...)
Sapphire : Winnowa ( Best looking.. and I chose Blaze so )
Fire Red : Misty ( Best looking..)
Leaf Green : Sabrina ( Difficult to reach..had to use a guide )
Emrald : Juan ( What style .. good sprite )
Diamond : Volkaner ( You guess..)
Pearl : Candice ( Best looking )
Platinum : Volkaner ( Tough..)

So it seems that always some Man is the toughest hunk and the best looking is some girl.

Gen 1: Koga (Killer ninja's ftw)
Gen 2: Blue (Come on, he is your Gen 1 rival, and he seems a little more mature which makes him full of awesome.)
Gen 3: Tate & Liza (Oh come on, how can you not love twins that finish each others sentences. Plus the first time I battled them I was like, "Double Battle! WTH!")
Gen 4: Fantina (Funny accents FTW!)

My is Lt. Surge and Winona. Those to me are just something I find so interesting to me that others don't.

Kanto: Sabrina. Don't know why though. Janine is another favorite of mine if she counts. I never really had a lot of favorites in Kanto.

Johto: Falker
Bugsy (adorable and underappreciated. I personally like him better than Aaron. And people arguing about his gender is always entertaining.)
Jasmine (she looks so sweet and kind, though the anime drastically changed her personality.)

Hoenn: Winona (is it me or does she look like a purple haired Jasmine?)
Liza and Tate

Sinnoh:
In my opinion Sinnoh had the most lively set of gym leaders out of all the regions. Gardenia's probably my favorite if I had to choose. (the anime really went wild with her character.)

Sgt. Surge. He is of my people. Americia. Elecicity is fun too.
Sabrina, Blaine, Bugsy, Chuck (Norris), Clair, Flanery, Tate/Liza, Roark, Fantina, Wake, Candice, and Volkner were fun too. Voldon is a sweet name? can I use it in my comic?

Crasher Wake. He has my most favorite Pokemon, but I don't really know all of the Gen 1 and 2 gym leaders. I also like Tate and Liza from Gen 3.

I like Sabrina and Erika in the first games. I love grass Pokemon and Erika has a sweet personality, and I like darker female character types, so Sabrina always appealed to me. She wasn't so great in the PokeSpe manga, though.

I haven't played Gold in ages, but I thought Morty had some cool types, and I also liked Clair and Jasmine. I thought it was awesome that Jasmine kind of played against type. Her Pokemon were tough steel one, and she was a shy, kind girl.

In Hoenn I like Winona, Wallace, and Flannery. I haven't gotten too far in Diamond yet, so I can't say much about those trainers, but I really like the character designs for Gardenia and Volkner.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom