• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Pseudo-legendary Pokemon?

What is your favorite pseudo-legendary pokemon?

• Dragonite

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Tyranitar

Votes: 38 16.7%
  • Salamence

Votes: 31 13.7%
  • Metagross

Votes: 50 22.0%
  • Garchomp

Votes: 23 10.1%

• Total voters
Here we go:

Dragonite: Currently on my HGSS, but considering dropping it (or dropping Pidgeot, making D-nite my flier, and adding a Gastrodon). Like many have said, it lacks the streamlined elegance of Dratini and Dragonair. Frankly, it resembles a fat Charizard.

Tyranitar/Salamence: Both cool, but I just can't get past the fact that they both missed an opportunity for a kickass mid-level stage and stuck us with weird pupal stages. Overt metamorphosis references are for the early level bug Pokémon, not pseudo-legends.

Metagross: I love Metagross. Love it love it love it. I'd love it more if it were a more unique type combo (but it's a combo I love enough to have a Bronzor/Bronzong on my first ever Diamond team). What keeps it from being my absolute favorite is, again, a missed opportunity: as frustrating as it'd be, I would go nuts if the game mechanics matched the Pokedex method of evolution: i.e., if you needed two Beldum in your party to get a Metang, and two Metang to get a Metagross.

Garchomp: I love Chevy Chase's run on Saturday Night Live. If you don't know what I mean, I'll just say this: land shark. I also love that it's clearly based on a sea creature, but not constrained to being a water type. They need to do that more.

Metagross. It's the only one that doesn't have a dual-weakness, plus it's exactly like putting an Abrams tank in a Pokeball.

Amberjack is also the psychic trainer.

zeno said:
Tyranitar just looks like a BAMF.
Tyranitar comes in second because it's like putting Godzilla in a Pokeball.

That is, if Godzilla wouldn't break out and end all of your life.

I like Metagross the best, as not oly is it really powerful but it is unoriginal and isn't a Dragon type or has similarities to Dragons like the other pseudo-ledgendaries.

Tyranitar all the way! I became very fond of Tyranitar when I first played Gold version it saved my butt in a battle with some random kid. :) I then went on to train 2 lvl 100 female Tyranitars just because I love them so much.

I guess one of the reasons I like them so much is their design, they sort of look like Godzilla and I've always loved Godzilla.

So yeah Tyranitar is my favorite, Dragonite was always a bit too cute for my taste and for some reason even though Tyranitar is easy for me to train I could NEVER train a Dratini all the way up to a Dragonite even though I tried several times. I fail at training dragons, so I guess I'll stick with sandy dinosaurs lol.

Tyranitar/Salamence: Both cool, but I just can't get past the fact that they both missed an opportunity for a kickass mid-level stage and stuck us with weird pupal stages. Overt metamorphosis references are for the early level bug Pokémon, not pseudo-legends.

I actually like their weird pupal stages, I agree it seems odd for pseudo-legends to have pupal stages like bug pokemon, but yeah, I'm just sort of weird. I always thought Pupitar and Shelgon were cute.

Last edited:
Dragonite - He's fat, and yellow.
Salamence - Well I like him, but he's not the one I voted for.
Metagross - This piece of crap is not a Dragon :p
Garchomp - I like this one more than Salamence, because he's very cool, but the fact is that I like Tyranitar more than all of them, so I voted him. :p

Dragonite is tough. my dragonite is awesomely tough. a pokemon that tough would always be my favorite.

We need a pseudo that specializes in Sp. Atk, or maybe some other stat besides attack. I'm hoping Sp. Defense as pokemon who are good in that stat are few and far between.

As for my favorite, Metagross (especially when it's shiny coloration looks like GOLD)

We need a pseudo that specializes in Sp. Atk, or maybe some other stat besides attack. I'm hoping Sp. Defense as pokemon who are good in that stat are few and far between.

As for my favorite, Metagross (especially when it's shiny coloration looks like GOLD)

Specializing in Attack is one of the defining factors of a Pseudo-Legendary. But I'd like one that has high Special Attack.

Have to go with Metagross here. I've never been a huge fan of Salmence (looks like it has completely stiff wings and would promptly fall out of the air by design) and Garchomp (just not a fan of the design). And as awesome as Dragonite is, I much prefer the streamlined design that its pre-evos had ('nite just looks like a balloon, IMO). That leaves it between 'tar and 'gross, and Metagross has served me the best in the past, so I'm sticking with him.

Metagross all the way, baby! Meteor Mash never fails me!

... Unless it misses.

Dragonite FOREVER!!!!!!

Dragonite>Metagross>Tyranitar>Garchomp>Salamence

'Mence can suck it. Dragonite was the original Dragon Flying type, and it owns Salamence. EXTREMESPEED!

Dragonite. I love it because of it's strength, pre-evolutions, cuteness, and because it was our first pseudo.

Now, I have a question: exactly what parameters are you using to determine what is and what isn't a pseudolegendary?

Er, wait, scratch that. I see what you mean now. *has consulted the Bulbapedia article on Flygon*. Sad, really, always thought it was a pseudolegendary.
Flygon is commonly mistaken as a psuedo-legendary Pokémon, due to the fact that it is seen as incredibly strong in the anime, is the final stage in a 3 part evolutionary line and is a Dragon-type, considered by many to be the best type in the games. This is not the case because it does not have base stat total of 600, and does not have Attack as its highest stat (although it is tied for highest with Speed).

Well, with that in mind...I kind of like Dragonite.

My favorite is Garchomp. I wasn't a big fan of Salamence or T-Tar.
I just enjoy his STAB EQ and that he's considered Uber, therefore, he owns all the other ones.

Dragonite, I liked him up until Gen IV. Metagross is strong, but he's ugly.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom