• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favourite Series So Far?

Favourite Series So Far?

• Total voters
Definitely Advance Generation, hands down. Though I'd like to say up until season 8, (aka when they stopped using the original VAs cx) I wasn't a big fan of Battle Frontier but mostly because of the VAs failing to intrigue me :l I guess it's because I've been so used to the original VAs. Anyways!

Hoenn! It's my favorite because it's the generation I pretty much grew up with, I was around 6-10 when it came out and it brought so much happiness to my childhood. I loved May :) she's my favorite female protagonist (Misty is 2nd fav!) And I loooooved the whole contests and coordinating concept! It's just an all around great region, ahh!

I really can't help but feel like we've been extremely shortchanged by TPCi with the current voice actors for the main characters over the years (as good as I'll admit I feel they are now). It's just really disappointing to me. XD.

Anyway, AG is my second favorite series in the entire anime. :)

Last edited:
Best Wishes will always take my vote. The games, anime, Pokemon designs are all from Unova.

All the best moments of Pokemon for me (the ones that make smile, angered, frustrated, and even at times emotional) and the Pokemon themselves are all in the 5th generation. I do like other generations (I seen anime since the 1st generation) but for some reason they just can't compare to the awesomeness of the 5th gen.

Definitely Advance Generation, hands down. Though I'd like to say up until season 8, (aka when they stopped using the original VAs cx) I wasn't a big fan of Battle Frontier but mostly because of the VAs failing to intrigue me :l I guess it's because I've been so used to the original VAs. Anyways!

Hoenn! It's my favorite because it's the generation I pretty much grew up with, I was around 6-10 when it came out and it brought so much happiness to my childhood. I loved May :) she's my favorite female protagonist (Misty is 2nd fav!) And I loooooved the whole contests and coordinating concept! It's just an all around great region, ahh!

It always interests me to see younger fans growing up with the show after Kanto. AG was a good starting point for the series even if you did see parts of Kanto/Johto prior. As for the voice switch, yeah, I kinda wish they waited one season later till DP started if it absolutely had to happen.

In a lot of ways AG already did correctly what Best Wishes tried to do now, an actual fresh start that pushed the series in a new direction.

since when DP popular because last time I check it was hated, and I choose AG

DP's plotlines and battles were popular, it's just some of the fillers and the lack of chemistry for the DP trio that was disliked.

I liked DP the most out of all the series. However Brock being there is all of them basically is what I never liked.

For me it's definitely Kanto. The chemistry of the original trio and the humour that older seasons have lost. A big part of loving it was probably because I was a young kid then, and when you're a kid everything seems much more fun and interesting. I still get those happy feelings watching Kanto episodes today, you could call that nostalgia, sure. Something I do love about the early seasons is how uncomplicated they are compared to later seasons which had much more going on. You could dip in and out of them and It didn't matter so much. Nowadays if I miss a few episodes I generally have no idea where the plot has gone.

Wow! DP has 30 votes!? That's amazing.
I think I'm the only one who didn't like DP. LOL. XD
My favorite series will always be the original series. But Hoenn is a close second. :)

Either Ag or DP, however the DP trio's chemistry was a little disappointing

I'm going to give the stereotypical answer, but the Original Series receives my vote. It was excellent.

I enjoyed most of Advanced Generation too, and some of Black and White. I really only enjoyed the League and the Super Contests in Diamond and Pearl.

For one thing, there was a lot more emotion in the Original Series than any others. I'm not talking that subtle overly dramatic stuff Diamond and Pearl brought to the table. I'm talking real emotion, actual depth, real tears and hardship. Yet, goofiness and character to things.

The characters meshed well with each other, the older characters were funny/relatable, and things were very simple and easy to catch on. It was a show for anyone. That's something the other three series are not.

It's the only series with 5 consecutive seasons I've managed to enjoy as well, which is a definite plus.

The original is not always the best at all, but in Pokémon's case, I have to say the anime was at its best to me.

Yeah, yeah, call me a "nostalgiafag" or whatever you want. I could care less. I've given every series a fair shot, but the OS is my favorite. Oh, and I do love Kanto, but it is NOT my favorite season of the OS, yet it was when I started watching the anime.

From replacing characters, to replacing the whole English voice cast, to changing personalities, to changing outfits, to various other things, I've been dissatisfied with aspects of every other series.

AG gets a decent second in my book. BW gets a distant third place. DP is my least favorite out of every series. Battles and maturation aren't everything in my book.

I learned things from the older series. I learned morals, character, and various other lessons. Since the DP series, I haven't learned practically anything other than Pokémon: Friendship is Magic.

Last edited:
BW for me:
1. First series to air completely in HD.
2. Best traveling companions.
3. My favorite region, Unova.
4. First series I've actually been watching on a regular basis.

Diamond & Pearl to me. It had some problems, but overall it is the best series to me.

Last edited:
I can't believe some people are trying to overrate a lame boring unlikable series like the DP series, i mean DP series was good but not all that good like the BW series, it had more flaws like any other series and the poll don't mean a damn thing since it is about opinions. Hell Johto was a godly series with the good old original classic trio Ash, Misty and Brock, the good old classic Team Rocket and the good old classic Pokemon.

My favorite would probably be the DP series. I feel like this is where Ash was at the peak of his journey and that his skills were strongest here. I thought most of the rival characters were great; both Ash's and Dawn's. I strongly believe that Ash and Paul's rivalry and final battle are probably one of the best in the entire series. Ash's Pokémon team was amazing here and could possibly be the strongest team he's ever had. The gym battles were also amazing and I loved all of the move strategies Ash came up with here. I loved the league and how Ash brought back a few of his old Pokémon to get some battles and screen time.

I also liked the more serious nature of DP as opposed to the more comical earlier and later series. Hunter J was an awesome villain and I think Team Galactic had the best execution of any villainous team. Ash was also very serious for the most part, but he was also able to provide some humor at times which was good.

I only have a few down points for DP. I didn't like Dawn and she's still probably my least favorite character, but I did like most of her Pokémon, minus Piplup. I also didn't like how Brock was basically ignored for most of the series. But aside from those two things, I still like this series the most out of any other.

Last edited:
Definitely the OS. While DP was great in aspect battling and development, it completely lacked the humorous/light hearted-ness that Pokemon is all about.

It's hands down the original series to me. It's by far the best series this show has ever had. It had the best humour, emotions and sense of adventure. And all in a way that didn't feel forced or fake. It has this magical feeling to me, still after so many years.

No surprises here, DP once again takes the highest spot *sigh* I hate the series myself, it's my least favourite for various reasons I won't talk about here.

Original series because it wasn't a blatant advertisement extended to 22 min., it was a genuine anime. One only needs to watch the Kanto Starter Pokemon trilogy, The Fortune Hunters, Pokemon - I Choose You, Meowth Rules!, Charizard Chills, The Heartbreak of Brock, etc. to see how great it could be.

Back
Top Bottom