• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favourite shipping moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaotl

Phear the Hammer
Reaction score
What is your favourate shipping moment?

For any ship.

for me it is Movie 9, when Ash and May become surrounded by a school of luvdisk while they are swimming; and is strengthened by the fact that Luvdisk's pokedex reference proves (maybe not to you, but to me) that they are destined to be together.

your turn.

The ending of Spontaneous Combusken when May's left staring after Drew with a massive blush while acting as a human prop for Brianna to faint on top of. I still remember seeing it and thinking "Ha. Win. :D"

Battle of the Badge....I think that was the title...when Ash was in the Earth Gym.

Pallet Shipping formed on the basis, (mostly), of the scene where Ash holds Gary in his arms. I saw that and just went 'O.O I just think...that I became a fangirl.' It was magical. And Gary didn't really seem to mind the whole thing at first, either. ;D

My favorite shipping moment was pretty much Pokemon Ranger and the temple of the sea. I loved when Ash put May,Manaphy,and Pikachu in that capsule so they would be safe and I espescially loved when May was worried about Ash getting killed.I thought that after that May would stick with Ash and continue jouneying with him,Brock, and possibly Dawn if Ash's Pikachu still fell into the into that forest Dawn was in.

Pokemon Ranger and The Sea Temple when May's crying on the sumarines window and it goes over to Ash with a look of worry thats worth a million words.
Heres the pic:
ashworriedaboutmay.png

Who can say that is not a clear picture that Ash cares for May DEEPLY?

It's got to be Holy Matrimony.

Near the end of the episode when James arrives in the balloon and holds out his hand and picks up Jessie. Then, they shake hands and look deep into each other's eyes.

That's the moment I realized I was a Rocketshipper.

^ Oh crap, maybe that's my favourite moment. I'd forgotten about that.

Well I ought to say that my favorite shippy moment was when Ash and Dawn were worried about each other when they got lost in a maze. The 10th movie really shined their colors as well. Ash saving her like three times or so.

Last edited:
Darn! so many good Pokeshipping moments....But I would have to say when Misty tells Ash that one day the'll get married :p Oh! it's called "Holy matrimony"

It's got to be Holy Matrimony.

Near the end of the episode when James arrives in the balloon and holds out his hand and picks up Jessie. Then, they shake hands and look deep into each other's eyes.
Definitely my fave Rocketshipping moment. I also liked the scene (don't remember what the ep's called but hopefully people know what I'm referring to) where the boat's sinking and James called Jessie Jessica. The only time I've heard her full name. I know it was dub only but it's a cute scene either way.

And Pokemon 2000 is full of Pokeshipping. At least from Misty's side. There a lot of people that don't like Pokemon that think Ash and Misty like each other because of that movie. And many little kids that usually hate mushy stuff thought they liked each other as well. If it can convince non-fans and/or little kids than it's definitely in the top moments. Though I think my fave Pokeshipping scenes are when Tracey (and TR) tease Ash and Misty. The Orange Islands were great for Pokeshipping (and just in general).

And both eps with Suzie were great. She's one of the few girls Brock didn't do his stupid lines for. For Brock to show his interest in a girl without sounding psycho is rare and the fact she returned the feelings on some level only made it better.

I've got more but that's all I can think of for now.

Here's my list for Pikashipping. ^_^

- "Pikachu's Goodbye" when Pikachu chooses to stay with Ash, shows that it really likes Ash a lot (and in my eyes, it has a crush on him). XD

- "Bound For Trouble", because Ash went to great lengths to find Pikachu. Also because of their wonderful, embrace at the end. <3

- "Hocus Pokemon", I think when Ash became a Pikachu, that made his relationship with his best friend MUCH closer than it ever was before. That truly was an amazing (and unique) event for the anime.

- "Hoenn Alone", because Ash spent almost the entire episode trying to find Pikachu.

- "Get The Show on the Road", because Ash was very worried about Pikachu's condition. And also, I think he was afraid that Pikachu wouldn't make it, because Pikachu was so ill. Pikachu's condition caused it to accidentally bite Ash. One of my favorite scenes is the part where Pikachu realizes that Ash is there, and says his name, "Pikapi". Then Ash nods in agreement. And of course, I love the part where Pikachu licks the wound on Ash's arm, from where it bit him earlier. Aww, how cute! <3 Then, Ash was so sweet when he said to Pikachu, "Aww, it's okay. I know ya didn't mean it, little buddy". That was such a great line! ^^

- "A Scare to Remember", because once again, the anime proves that Ash will do just about anything to get Pikachu back. Except this time, he was trying to 'bring' Pikachu's memory back AND get Pikachu back from Team Rocket as well. There's so many great moments for them in this episode! It's truly a great episode for all Pikashippers! <3 <3

- "Not On My Watch Ya Don't", because Ash and Pikachu's relationship is tested with the Poketch, and their bond is indeed very strong. And apparently, they've reached the highest reading (so far)! That has to count for something. XD

- And finally, just about every scene in "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew" is filled with wonderful Pikashipping moments. I loved the flashback of the first episode, and I thought it was a great touch to the movie. It added a lot to the emotional impact of Ash being seperated from Pikachu for such a long time. I mean, Ash spent practically all of this movie searching for his best friend. And Pikachu too, showed signs that it really missed Ash and desperately wanted to reunite with him. I was so happy, when the two of them finally did get back together. Yay! That was awesome! However, that was only for a short while, cause the "red blood cells" soon took Ash away. Of course, that scene is also when we first receive confirmation that Pikashipping is canon in the dub version. Ash says that one line and we hear those great words, "I love you!". That's one of my favorite scenes! And finally, after Mew brought everyone back, Ash had another reunion with Pikachu, and the rest of his Pokemon. Aww, how sweet it was to see Ash hug Pikachu again! <3

Last edited:
Is it shippy when someone tries to *deny* it? Because that moment in "Beauty and the Beach" when Ash is all "Professor, why are you at the beach with my mom?" and Oak's all "Whaaa!! No, I'll change the subject! That's not suspicious at all!" (not real dialogue but you knew that), that was hilarious and very Eldershippy.

As far as canon ships go, the moment in movie 8 when Butler reaches for Diane's hand, only to have her swallowed up by the Meta Groudon. And in that moment, he realizes everything he's done and makes it his mission to not only set things right, but save her.

Favorite shippy moment? There are a lot actually.

For Rocketshipping, it has to be the balloon scene. As for Poke, most scenes in Pokemon 2000, plus when Misty makes up her mind and makes Ash snap out of it in "Misty meets her match".

Like everyone else, I LOVE the scene in Holy Matrimony....
but my second favourite for Rocketshipping has got to be the scene at the end of Jirachi Wishmaker. <3 Their dialogue is so cute too-They look at each other, and Jessie says "At least I got my wish..." and James says "I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours..."
I don't know how close the dub is to the original on this,lol. ^-^
Even though Meowth's in that scene(=P) it's still adorable...that's what I love about Rocketshipping, even though the moments are few and far between, when they do happen they're always really adorable.
I love Meowth dipping Pikachu in Polka o Dolka. =D <3
And I love Buneary snuggling to Pikachu when they were asleep in that episode...I don't know which one it is. XD
I haven't watched much of AG so i've missed a lot of Contestshipping hints, but I LOVE the end of the Hoenn grand festival.
And I know not a lot of people are considering it a hint, but I think it's really cute how protective Ash was of his Misty lure in the Buizel episode. =D ^^
The moment in the 8th movie when Ash is being swallowed is my favourite moment in the entire anime, even though i'm not much of a Pikashipper. I cried SO MUCH at that.<3

Like everyone else, I LOVE the scene in Holy Matrimony....
but my second favourite for Rocketshipping has got to be the scene at the end of Jirachi Wishmaker. <3 Their dialogue is so cute too-They look at each other, and Jessie says "At least I got my wish..." and James says "I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours..."
I don't know how close the dub is to the original on this,lol. ^-^

Acording to the Pocketmonsters sub:

Kojiro: I don't care about wishes anymore.

Nyasu: It's enough that our lives are saved.

Musashi: Right! Just being here, doing this...

Kojiro: We're living in the moment!

Musashi: When we're feeling happy...

Nyasu: A moment is eternity!

All: Somehow, this is a really...good feeling!

So as usual not very acurate, but it's still very cute. :)

Even though Meowth's in that scene(=P) it's still adorable...that's what I love about Rocketshipping, even though the moments are few and far between, when they do happen they're always really adorable.

Can't argue with that. :D

i'm not really into shipping, but one of the cutest ones i liked was when pikachu and meowth were stuck together for an episode and they share an apple and pikachu falls asleep on his lap and its sho cute and fluffy and sweet and-*is shot*

I guess what Ash said about it not being an accident he met Misty and fate made them friends in GCYL.
I don't think it was dubbed and that the closest Ash hint we've ever got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom