• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Features from past games you want to return

Had to post again because I can't believe I forgot about this one! I would love to see Pokemon continue to have a variety of sizes like they did in Legends Arceus (I know it's in Go and Let's Go too, but LA is the first time it's visible). It's such a small thing but adds so much variety in Pokmeon to the game, and it just makes it more fun when you see the Pokemon in the overworld. I just love catching a really small or big version of a Pokemon, and then trying to catch the opposite of that Pokemon and seeing how they look beside each other. And I have a lot of fun trying to find the smallest versions of some of the cutest Pokemon (currently working on forming a team of itty bitty Eevees).

Exp Share that can be turned on and off. I think the best way to handle it would be to put it in the Options of the game, so you have it from the beginning, but you can adjust it as you see fit.

Remember the Commemorative Photos from HGSS or the Photo Spots from X and Y? No? Just me? Okay. Yeah well I loved those things. It was such a cute little way to capture the memories of your journey, so I would love to see those come back combined into one feature. Just let me take cute photos of myself and my team in various spots around the region.

Remember the Commemorative Photos from HGSS or the Photo Spots from X and Y? No? Just me? Okay. Yeah well I loved those things. It was such a cute little way to capture the memories of your journey, so I would love to see those come back combined into one feature. Just let me take cute photos of myself and my team in various spots around the region.
WAIITTTT I REMEMBER THE PHOTO SPOTS! Those were so cute actually I would LOVE for them to bring that back!

Secret bases. I just want them or some way to customize our rooms to return. Loved how we could have rotom appliances in our room. It gave you a reason to come back to your room, let me hang up my hall of fame plague in my room, let me decorate it with posters and plusses. Please gamefreak I beg of you xD

I want size differences to return, I really liked that feature

and following Pokémon BUT ONLY if the Pokémon can keep up with you like how they did in Let's go Pikachu/Eevee , if they go the Sw/Sh, BD/SP route I don't want it. (also it would be cute if you rode on some pokemon like you did in LG p/e that was a nice touch, and this will probably be dumb, but maybe for smaller Pokémon that can't move that fast can sit on your shoulder or head)

Gym leaders (if they even have them in the games) being apart of the story/doing things other than just standing at the back of the gym waiting for challengers. B/W excelled at this and SW/SH was pretty decent as well.

I know it's small but I also really liked the idea of having fan's cheering you on like that one girl in SW/SH.

I loved the Triple and Rotation Battles in Gen 5 and 6. I want it to come back, along Inverse Battles. I also want a Join Avenue/Festival Plaza-like place.

Last edited:
Killed it with a Brick Break.

There isn't Brick Break in second generation. In HGSS, Machop doesn't learn Brick Break, Heracross only learn it in level 30 ( and it is unlikely you'll capture one at that point without a guide) and Brick Break is only available in Battle Frontier Shop.

Last edited:
along Inverse Battles
It still pains me to this day that Gamefreak refuses to do anything with this in the content of their games. I would take a basic Battle Tower with just this because the amount of possibilities is really big.

Bad offensive and defensive typings suddenly become amazing and the best typings become the worst.

There isn't Brick Break in secong generation. In HGSS, Machop doesn't learn Brick Break, Heracross only learn it in level 30 ( and it is unlikely you'll capture one at that point without a guide) and Brick Break is only available in Battle Frontier Shop.
Heracross learns Brick Break at lv 19 in HGSS. I used the internet because it was 2010 and I wanted a Heracross on my team. The Machop can take out her Miltank on its own pretty easily anyway.

There isn't Brick Break in secong generation. In HGSS, Machop doesn't learn Brick Break, Heracross only learn it in level 30 ( and it is unlikely you'll capture one at that point without a guide) and Brick Break is only available in Battle Frontier Shop.
In HGSS, Heracross learns Brick Break at level 19. This can be verified on Bulbapedia by looking at the gen 4 moveset. Aside from knowing where to get Heracross, the main "challenge" is increasing its level to 19 so it can learn the move. The Machop you get from the trade is still useful too since it's female and resists Rollout.

I like getting my butt kicked a little bit idk. They should make the exp. Share optional, that’s primarily why BW were my favorite games in the series.

In HGSS, Heracross learns Brick Break at level 19. This can be verified on Bulbapedia by looking at the gen 4 moveset. Aside from knowing where to get Heracross, the main "challenge" is increasing its level to 19 so it can learn the move. The Machop you get from the trade is still useful too since it's female and resists Rollout.
Yeah Whitney is only "difficult" if you ignore or refuse to use the tools the game directly provides you to easily defeat her.

But the fact that you need to go out of your way to get two really specific pokemon (one is from a trade of all things and the other from headbutt trees) to defeat her Miltank confortably proves that it's a difficulty spike and thus meant to be a challenge. Because without either those two, that battle gets considerably harder unless you overlevel yourself (which would happen if the current Exp. Share was in HGSS). And even with Machop it's quite to easy to be defeated because Miltank is faster and Stomp hurts it quite a bit.

There's a reason why she became infamous.

But the fact that you need to go out of your way to get two really specific pokemon (one is from a trade of all things and the other from headbutt trees) to defeat her Miltank confortably proves that it's a difficulty spike and thus meant to be a challenge. Because without either those two, that battle gets considerably harder unless you overlevel yourself (which would happen if the current Exp. Share was in HGSS).

There's a reason why she became infamous.
Again. It is only hard if you make it hard for yourself. The game gives you the tools you need to beat her. If you use that tools, it's not a challenge. They've done this multiple times - in the very same game you can get an Onix to beat Falkner and Bugsy.

Again. It is only hard if you make it hard for yourself. The game gives you the tools you need to beat her. If you use that tools, it's not a challenge. They've done this multiple times - in the very same game you can get an Onix to beat Falkner and Bugsy.
but Falkner and Bugsy aren't all that challenging even if you don't have the Onix. Whitney on the other hand will destroy you if you don't have those specific tools. the fact that you have to go out of your way to collect specific mons to beat her shows that she was meant as a challenge. you can't just steamroll her like you can with all the gyms in SwSh

Yeah, but onix counters them way harder than Machop counters her, even more now if you consider that Clefairy is a fairy Pokémon Lol. And falkner was never difficult, while Bugsy is pretty easy if you start with the fire starter.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom