• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Felly Plays Pokemon HeartGold

Hey, now that you have talked to Bill, you can go back to Goldenrod City and talk to him again to get an Eevee. I don't rememeber hat house he is in though...
checks
go like you are going to the game corner, but keep going straight. It's that brown house.

9Acsiff.png

I left the gym and headed over to the Pokemon Center to heal up and went straight to Route 38 to continue on with my Pokemon journey. I was stopped by a man named Baoba on Route 39; he told me he was in charge of getting Johto's Safari Zone set up. He wanted to give me his number so that I could be one of the first to see it when it was all done. I agreed, thinking it'd be kinda cool to see the Safari Zone. Who knows what kinda Pokemon would be there?

I arrived at Olivine City, where I ran into Silver yet again. I was prepared to battle him again, but he told me he wasn't interested in battling me right now. Instead, he told me the leader was busy taking care of a sick Pokemon and wasn't in. I figured it'd be best to let her tend to the sick Pokemon, so I went onward to Cianwood City. Perhaps by the time I beat the gym there and made it back to Olivine City, the sick Pokemon would be feeling better. Juggler Irwin gave me a phone call and told me about how he was going to cheer me on at the Ecruteak Gym, but he got spooked by the Trainers inside. I thanked him anyways, and it was nice to have a support group of people that I barely even knew.

I quickly realized as I approached the shore that I didn't have a Water type Pokemon that could learn Surf, so I had no way to get to Cianwood. I sighed and decided to visit houses around town to see if I could get a fishing pole. I was able to get my hands on a Good Rod, so I returned to Route 40 and put my fishing skills to use. I was able to fish up a Staryu that I caught and nicknamed Starlight. I immediately taught it Surf, and I was able to ride the waves into my next trainer battle.

Spr_HGSS_Lyra.png
vs
Spr_HGSS_Swimmer_F.png

There were several Swimmers along Route 40 and Route 41 that challenged me to battles. I also got a phone call from Hiker Anthony telling me about how he tried some berries; he said they were good. I'm not sure humans should be eating berries, and he wasn't really sure of it either, but hey, to each their own. Ethan gave me a phone call too to tell me about how he took a Tauros to Moo Moo Farm. I wasn't sure where that was; I guess I'd missed it in my travels, but maybe I'd stumble upon it one day.

I did finally arrive at Cianwood City, where I took a moment to heal up, and then I went straight to the gym.

Spr_HGSS_Lyra.png
vs
Spr_HGSS_Black_Belt.png

I challenged two Black Belts, Nob, then Lao, and I quickly realized I was underprepared for this gym. I left the gym to heal up and decided to head up north to do some training. I ran into Suicune again, who ran off again, and Eusine arrived shortly after to challenge me to a battle. I was able to beat him, which was some nice practice to prepare for the Cianwood City gym. Youngster Joey called as I was on my way back to the Pokemon Center to tell me about his Rattata; I should really stop answering this kid's calls. Of everyone I've given my number to, he's called me the most. I healed my Pokemon and decided to do a little more training before I challenged the gym again. Once Melody evolved into a Hypno, I felt ready to challenge the gym. I went inside, shut the water off, and challenged Cianwood City Gym Leader Chuck to a battle.

LyraChallenge.png
vs
VSChuck.png

Like with all of my recent gym challenges, I lost my first attempt. I think I was expecting something a little different. It threw me off guard a little bit realizing that Chuck only had two Pokemon; Morty had four for me to beat, so I was expecting Chuck to have about the same amount. Still, I went back to challenge him again, and this time, since I knew what to expect, I was able to beat him! I felt a little better knowing it only took two attempts to beat him instead of four, like it has been. I got the Storm Badge and TM 01, Focus Punch for my victory. I doubted I would ever use Focus Punch, given how it basically stopped Chuck's Pokemon from hitting me whenever I tried to hit them; that really helped me get the victory here today.

Now I just had to head back to Olivine City. I hope that sick Pokemon's feeling better now...

Current Team
Spr_4h_156.png
Flame the Quilava
Spr_4h_185_f.png
Magnolia the Sudowoodo
Spr_4h_175.png
Omelette the Togepi
Spr_4h_180.png
Beep the Flaaffy
Spr_4h_097_f.png
Melody the Hypno
Spr_4h_120.png
Starlight the Staryu

Boxed Pokemon
Ava the Pidgey, Atlantic the Weepinbell

Well, good thing you got Drowzee earlier. Do you get the Eevee I mentioned in my previous post? If not, that’s fine. You already got some good Pokémon for those types. Starmie is good, like really good. I used one in my first ultra sun run.

Well, good thing you got Drowzee earlier. Do you get the Eevee I mentioned in my previous post? If not, that’s fine. You already got some good Pokémon for those types. Starmie is good, like really good. I used one in my first ultra sun run.

I didn't go back and get the Eevee you'd mentioned. I'm a little torn on going back and getting it because I'm not sure if I want to use it or its evolved forms. I feel like I've got coverage already for all of the types Eevee has, except Dark, which I'm not terribly concerned about. I know there's Sabrina in Kanto, but I feel like it's not going to be a huge deal if I don't have a type advantage against her. I might change my mind later, but I dunno. Right now, I'm not feeling the Eevee. I think if this was gen 6 and I could use Sylveon, I'd probably go for it since I've never actually used Sylveon before, but we in gen 4 right now.

I actually considered swapping out Staryu for Mantine since I saw one in the wild, and Togepi hadn't evolved yet, but Mantine can't learn Fly and Surf, just Surf, so I still would've needed Togetic or another Pokemon that could've learned Fly and a Pokemon that could learn Surf. (Spoilers for next chapter, but Togepi has evolved finally woo!!)

DU36H14.png

When I walked out of the Cianwood Town gym, I was approached by a lady who gave me HM 02, Fly. I thanked her, but I thought to myself that this would have been a lot more useful if I had a Pokemon that could learn Fly. I have no Flying types right now. Hopefully Omelette evolves soon, and then I can teach her Fly as a Togetic, but for now, I guess I'm just Surfing.

Spr_HGSS_Lyra.png
vs
Spr_HGSS_Swimmer_M.png

On my way back, I battled many other Trainers that I didn't battle on my way up to Cianwood Town. I found myself getting a little lost on the return trip though, but thankfully, Omelette evolved into Togetic and I was able to teach her Fly to quickly get back to Olivine City.

I went to the gym on my return, but the leader still hadn't returned. I guess that Pokemon still wasn't feeling well. I decided to visit the Lighthouse, and I made my way up to the top, battling several trainers as I did so. When I finally did get to the top, I was informed that the Ampharos at the top of the lighthouse wasn't feeling well and needed medicine from the pharmacy in Cianwood. I couldn't sit back and watch this Pokemon suffer, so I agreed to help out.

I flew back to Cianwood to heal my Pokemon and pick up the SecretPotion from the pharmacy in town. I flew back to Olivine right after and went straight to the top of the lighthouse to deliver the potion. It instantly healed the Ampharos and the woman there was grateful for my help and said she was headed to the gym as she was the city's gym leader, Jasmine.

I decided to head that way as well, but on my way, I got a call from Baoba saying that the Safari Zone was open and ready for my business. I told him I'd be by later. I had a gym challenge to do, after all. Speaking of the gym, none of the trainers inside battled me, which was different. Instead, they thanked me for helping Jasmine and Ampharos. I tell them that it wasn't a problem; it was the right thing to do. Jasmine thanks me as well when I approach her for my challenge.

LyraChallenge.png
vs
VSJasmine.png

I lost in my first attempt to challenge her. I did a little bit of training before I challenged her again; I realized that Flame and Magnolia would be the shining stars of this match, and Starlight would be able to help a little bit against her Steelix. I had an idea of what I was getting into on my second round, but paralysis crippled my team enough to cause a second loss. I bought some Paralyz Heals before I challenged again; I felt like I was ready in the second attempt, but unfortunately, I didn't have anything to deal with Paralysis. I did for my third attempt though, and the third time was the charm as I was finally able to get my victory! I earned the Mineral Badge and TM 23, Iron Tail for my efforts. Speaking of Iron Tail, that was a TM I doubted I'd ever use; it missing also hindered Jasmine's chances at winning. I guess that was karma's payback for rendering my Pokemon unable to move in our second match. But I had my victory now, and that was what mattered the most.

Current Team
Spr_4h_156.png
Flame the Quilava
Spr_4h_185_f.png
Magnolia the Sudowoodo
Spr_4h_176.png
Omelette the Togetic
Spr_4h_180.png
Beep the Flaaffy
Spr_4h_097_f.png
Melody the Hypno
Spr_4h_120.png
Starlight the Staryu

Boxed Pokemon

D8qY6JG.png

I left the Olivine City gym and healed up at the Pokemon Center. I had to take a moment to look at the map on my PokeGear (probably the only time it's ever really been useful, if we're being honest here) to figure out where to go next. Mahogany Town was a place I hadn't gone to yet, so I decided to head back to Ecruteak to make my way to Mahogany Town.

Spr_HGSS_Lyra.png
vs
Spr_HGSS_School_Kid.png

I battled some trainers on my way back to Ecruteak City and picked up a couple new numbers along the way. I decided to make a quick stop at the Pokemon Center while I was in Ecruteak just to heal my Pokemon up a bit before I continued onward. They weren't too beat up, but a little TLC never hurt anyone. I was stopped by a Hiker outside of Mt. Mortar, and he gave me HM 04, Strength. I thanked him, but I didn't teach the move to any of my Pokemon. I wasn't sure if I'd need it in Mt. Mortar, but I figured I'd just let it go for the time being and if I really needed it, I'd teach it to someone when the time came. I battled a couple trainers inside the cave, but I made it out without the need for Strength. Nice of the guy to give it to me, but I guess I'm just holding onto it until later.

I arrived at Mahogany Town and after making a stop at the Pokemon Center, I visited the gym. I spoke with a guy who told me that he'd seen someone pacing around. Suspicious, but since he clearly wasn't letting me in the gym right now, I decided to head north. I'd heard rumors about a red Gyarados, so I figured I'd at least go see it. As I traveled through the gate to the north of town, Team Rocket stopped me and charged me 1000 PokeDollars to get through. I grumbled as I forked over the cash, but I told myself I wouldn't be passing through that gate again. I don't even think that was legal, but whatever. I just wouldn't take the gate again.

I arrived at the Lake of Rage, home to the red Gyarados, and rode Starlight out into the lake. I battled it and tried to catch it, but unfortunately, I only had two Friend Balls with me and was unable to catch it in either of those as it broke free. It would've been really cool to have been able to catch such an amazing Pokemon, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I defeated it, picked up the Red Scale as a token of my victory, and returned to shore to speak to a man named Lance and his Dragonite. He told me that there were some strange happenings around the area and wanted some help investigating; I agreed. I was here to challenge the gym leader, but it wouldn't hurt to get some extra training in before my next gym challenge anyways. And besides, I didn't even know if I could get into the gym yet; that guy was probably still blocking the door.

Lance returned to town, and I made my way south to join him. I battled some trainers along the way, picking up more phone numbers. I got back to town, healed up, and went into a strange house that had a sign that was kinda suspicious outside. I'd popped in earlier after reading the sign, but they didn't have anything worth my time, so I left. It was a little shop, but turns out it was actually a way into Team Rocket's Hideout! Lance was able to force his way in, and I followed him down.

Spr_HGSS_Lyra.png
vs
Spr_HGSS_Rocket_Grunt_M.png

Unfortunately for me, there were traps inside that when triggered, Team Rocket Grunts would come out to battle me. I resolved to get the traps shut off as soon as possible. I needed the extra training, but I was on a mission here. I didn't need to be locked into a battle every time I passed by a trap. I did manage to get the traps shut off, and I was able to eventually catch up to Lance, who healed my Pokemon. I ran into Silver down here, and apparently he got beat by Lance. Funny how that worked out. Guess he's not as tough as he likes to think he is.

LyraChallenge.png
vs
VSPetrel.png

I ran into Executive Petrel again, this time pretending to be Giovanni. I challenged him to a battle so that I could get the password to the door I needed to get through to stop the annoying radio signal that was bothering even the Pokemon. He told me the password when I won, but he still refused to come with me to open the door. We needed his voice to get the door open, and he'd left. I was going to go back to Lance to see if he had any ideas to force him to help us, but then the Murkrow in the room spoke up. It was mimicking Petrel! It led the way back to the door and opened it for us. I thanked the bird and wished I had some sort of treat to give to it. I'm glad it at least helped us.

LyraChallenge.png
vs
VSAriana.png

But there was one more hurdle to jump through before this show could get shut down. Executive Ariana and a Team Rocket Grunt blocked my path. They were going to team up against me in a 2v1 to try and scare me off, but I wasn't scared by them and I was ready to take them. It wouldn't have been my first 2v1, and I felt confident that my Pokemon would be able to take it. Lance arrived though, and he and his Dragonite fought alongside me to make it a 2v2. We came out victorious, and after the battle, we divided the work since he realized we would have to KO the Electrode running the machine to shut the show down. He took on three Electrode, and I took out the other three. After everything was said and done, he gave me HM 05, Whirlpool.

I returned back to the city and healed up. The man that blocked the way into the gym was gone, so I was finally able to go inside. The puzzle inside threw me off, but I was able to figure it out. I had to battle the trainers along the way, but I made it to the leader. I went back to heal before challenging him.

LyraChallenge.png
vs
VSPryce.png

I lost to him in my first challenge. I grumbled; I had a feeling that I knew how this was going to go, but I healed and went back for a second attempt. Sure enough, I lost. I decided to go heal up and train Beep some. I felt like he was going to be the star of the show for this run. He was an Ice type gym leader, but that Water typing that some of his Pokemon had didn't help him at all. All I needed was for Beep to evolve into an Ampharos, and I was finally able to pull off the victory on my third attempt. I earned the Glacier Badge and TM 07, Hail, for my hard work.

The end is near. One more badge, and I'll finally be eligible to challenge the Elite Four. It's sad to know that my journey is coming to an end soon, but I've had such a grand time exploring the Johto region. All good things come to an end though, and alas, my story is coming to an end soon... but first, I've gotta get one more badge and beat the Elite Four.

Current Team
Spr_4h_156.png
Flame the Quilava
Spr_4h_185_f.png
Magnolia the Sudowoodo
Spr_4h_176.png
Omelette the Togetic
Spr_4h_181.png
Beep the Ampharos
Spr_4h_097_f.png
Melody the Hypno
Spr_4h_120.png
Starlight the Staryu

Boxed Pokemon

Tip: take the red scale to mr. Pokémon. You won’t regret it. He gives you something that will be helpful: the exp share

I need that so bad right now. I just made it to Blackthorn City, but I know I'm gonna need to do some training before I even consider challenging Clair so I'll probably go back for that to make my life a little easier. I just wish I'd seen this sooner because it probably would've made training my lowest leveled Pokemon a lot easier.

Ouch. Maybe I should have mentioned it sooner.

Haha, it's all good! I'm so used to just getting it handed to me early on in the newer games that it's been a real throwback actually having to work for my achievements in this game. xD I'm still going to pick it up though since I'm sure it'll help out with training my Pokemon.

ldshMtb.png

As soon as I walked out of the Mahogany Gym, I got a phone call from Professor Elm. He told me about something weird going on with the radio broadcasts. I already knew about all that though, and it was taken care of, so I decided to continue onward with my journey. A man stopped me on my way out though, and he wouldn't let me pass until I bought a RageCandyBar for $300. I sighed and forked over the cash to get one, but even then, he still wouldn't let me leave town. He said I should check out the lighthouse in Olivine and the pharmacy in Cianwood. I was confused, but I decided to head over to both places anyways and all was well. I decided to head over to the Safari Zone while I was in Cianwood since Baoba invited me over, and I clearly couldn't get to my next destination.

Spr_HGSS_Lyra.png
vs
Spr_DP_Hiker.png

I ran into Hiker Devin on Route 47 and battled him, which was another victory for me. I made a quick trip back to Olivine to buy some Ultra and Net Balls; apparently Cianwood doesn't have a Poke Mart, which is incredibly inconvenient. Thankfully, Omelette knows Fly, so it wasn't completely awful but still time consuming. On Route 47, I caught my newest partner, a female Seel that I nicknamed Snowflake. I decided that having an Ice type would be cool to have, and I'd learned Seel was on the way to the Safari Zone. Perfect opportunity to catch one. I went back to Cianwood to swap Snowflake in for Starlight and continued onward to the Safari Zone, for real this time.

When I finally arrive, Baoba offers to let me take the Owner Aptitude Test. I agree, and he tells me to enter the Safari Zone to catch a male Geodude. Easy enough. I entered and caught one on my second attempt; the first one ran away from me before I could catch it. I nicknamed him Cliff, and I showed it to Baoba. It was at that point that he told me there was a second part to the test, and he'd call me when he was ready.

I decided to head back to Goldenrod City to check on things at the Radio Tower. Professor Elm did call me and he did seem a little worried, so I figured I'd at least check before I continued onward to my next destination. Apparently, all was not as well as I'd thought, and Team Rocket had taken over the tower. I decide to go and get a Team Rocket uniform to infiltrate their ranks and save the day, but that idiot Silver had to come and blow my cover. I rolled my eyes. I always knew he was an annoying one. Incredibly cocky, and incredibly annoying too.

Spr_HGSS_Lyra.png
vs

Since Silver decided it was a good idea to blow my cover, I actually had to battle these Team Rocket Grunts. I guess it wasn't that awful; Snowflake did need the experience, but I was hoping to not have to get into this kind of situation until later.

LyraChallenge.png
vs
VSPetrel.png

I reached Executive Petrel yet again, but when I battled him this time, I lost. I went to the Pokemon Center, frustrated that I'd actually lost to him, and healed up. When I returned, I put my all into the fight. I think I'd been slacking off since I knew Team Rocket was a joke, but I guess they'd been doing some training too. I won the rechallenge, and I learned that the director of the Radio Tower was in the tunnels below the city.

I went down, where I ran into one of the kimono girls. She'd mentioned something to me about being able to possibly take on a legendary Pokemon. I was confused, but I felt like she was supporting me, so I thanked her and continued on with my journey.

Spr_HGSS_Lyra.png
vs

In the tunnels, there were more Team Rocket Grunts that I had to deal with. I even had to battle Silver.

LyraChallenge.png
vs
VSSilver.png

Apparently, he couldn't find Lance to battle him, so he decided it would be appropriate to battle me now. At all times. I sighed, but I beat him and sent him on his way. There was a better time for that battle, but whatever. I went back to heal my Pokemon, and then I continued on with my mission to find the Radio Tower director. I finally find him, and he gives me the Card Key, which I need to get into the signal room and shut this show down.

I get back to the tower, and I battle a couple grunts before I'm locked into battle with the other Rocket Executives.

LyraChallenge.png
vs
VSProton.png
LyraChallenge.png
vs
VSAriana.png
LyraChallenge.png
vs
VSArcher.png

First was Proton, who I was able to beat. Then, there was Ariana, who I lost to on the first challenge but beat on the second. Archer was the last one, and like Ariana, I lost to him on my first challenge but won the rechallenge. I was able to stop the signal! The director came and thanked me for my hard work, giving me the Rainbow Wing as a token of his appreciation.

With everything done in Goldenrod and the Radio Tower saved, I went back to Mahogany Town and continued on with my Pokemon journey.

Spr_HGSS_Lyra.png
vs
Spr_DP_Psychic_M.png

I found myself battling more trainers along Route 44 on my way to my final destination, Blackthorn City. Though Snowflake got some experience while saving the Radio Tower, this was even more of an opportunity for her to grow before it became her time to shine. I helped a man in the Ice Cave get the item he dropped, but turns out he was willing to let me keep it so I became the proud owner of HM 07, Waterfall. I had to teach Beep Strength to get through the Ice Cave, the first time that HM was actually useful for me since I'd gotten it. Baoba also called to tell me he had the next part of my test ready, but that would have to wait until later. I'd already been distracted enough before my final gym challenge. I ran into a kimono girl near the exit of the Ice Cave, and after pushing her to safety, I finally arrived in Blackthorn City.

After healing up, I decided to do some further training before I battled the gym. Snowflake was nowhere near ready for this challenge. Eventually though, she did evolve into a Dewgong, and at that point, I felt ready to challenge.

Spr_HGSS_Lyra.png
vs
Spr_HGSS_Ace_Trainer_M.png

I challenged the Ace Trainers in the gym for the extra practice, and Snowflake proved that she was more than capable of pulling off a victory for me. Sure enough, I reached the gym leader, Clair, and challenged her to the battle that would lead to my final badge.

LyraChallenge.png
vs
VSClair.png

Sure enough, Snowflake, and the rest of my team, proved that they were indeed ready for the challenge. It wasn't Snowflake that ultimately earned me my victory though, it was Melody. She persevered to get the final blow on Clair's Pokemon and seal the deal for me. For the first time in a long time, I finally won a gym battle on my first attempt. I was proud of myself. Unfortunately, it wasn't quite that easy. Clair wasn't willing to hand over the badge until I took the Dragon's Den challenge. I sighed and told her I'd go do it. I didn't really want to, I'd rightfully earned that badge, but whatever. I'd get the badge one way or another, and another challenge wouldn't hurt anyone.

Current Team
Spr_4h_156.png
Flame the Quilava
Spr_4h_185_f.png
Magnolia the Sudowoodo
Spr_4h_176.png
Omelette the Togetic
Spr_4h_181.png
Beep the Ampharos
Spr_4h_097_f.png
Melody the Hypno
Spr_4h_086.png
Snowflake the Seel

Boxed Pokemon
Ava the Pidgey, Atlantic the Weepinbell, Starlight the Staryu

Nice win against Clair. By the way, why is flame not a typhlosion?

I struggle with keeping Pokemon at about the same levels, and I think I'm pretty underleveled for the point I'm at in the game. She should be evolving by the end of the next chapter though.

Wow, this playthrough is going well, can't wait to see the league.
P.S. I absolutely love the chapter names

Thank you! ♥

EUDLGvP.png

Since Clair wouldn't give me the badge before I took the Dragon's Den challenge, I left the gym to heal up my Pokemon real quick before heading into the Dragon's Den. I battled Ace Trainer Kobe in the den, and I was able to beat him. After beating Clair, he wasn't much of a challenge, after all. I had to teach Snowflake Whirlpool to reach the shrine, but I made it. The elder inside asked me some questions, but he told me I passed. Clair showed up shortly afterwards, and she gave me the Rising Badge after arguing with the elder. As I made my way out of the shrine, I was stopped again by Clair, who gave me TM 59, Dragon Pulse.

When I got outside, Professor Elm called and said he had something for me at his lab. I decided to take the long way back home, so I headed south from Blackthorn City.

Spr_HGSS_Lyra.png
vs
Spr_HGSS_Ace_Trainer_M.png

I battled Ace Trainer Ryan on Route 45 and Hiker Bailey on Route 46, and both battles were victories for me. I got to Professor Elm's lab, and he gave me the Master Ball. He also told me the Kimono Girls were waiting for me in the Ecruteak Dance Theatre. I healed up and flew to Ecruteak City to head to the dance theatre.

Spr_HGSS_Lyra.png
vs
Spr_HGSS_Kimono_Girl.png

It was there that I had to battle all five of the Kimono Girls. It took me a few tries, and it was admittedly a little frustrating; if I lost to any of them, I had to start from the beginning. After at least six tries, I was able to finally win and get the Clear Bell. They told me to meet them at the peak of the Bell Tower, so I went to heal up and made my way to the top of the tower. I had to show the sage at the door my Rainbow Wing to get past, but I was able to reach the top.

There, the Kimono Girls worked to summon the legendary Pokemon, Ho-Oh. I had to battle it, and I was able to capture it too! I nicknamed it Phoenix, but it was sent straight to the PC because I already had a team of six with me. I was okay with this; I knew it'd be safe with me, and I know no harm would come to him now.

Spr_HGSS_Lyra.png
vs
Spr_HGSS_Ace_Trainer_F.png

With Ho-Oh in my possession, I returned back to New Bark Town and went straight for Route 27. I was stopped by a man who told me I'd taken my first steps into the Kanto region. Well, that was news to me. I knew we were close to the Kanto region, but I never truly realized how close we were until now. I continued onward, battling trainers along the way and collecting new phone numbers. With each step, I knew I was getting closer and closer to my final battles before I became the champion of the Johto region... or I guess it'd be the Kanto and Johto regions? I'm not quite sure how that really works out, to be honest.

LyraChallenge.png
vs
VSSilver.png

As I reached the end of Victory Road, I ran into Silver yet again. He challenged me to a battle, and admittedly, I was a little unprepared. My team took a bit of a beating while I was traversing Victory Road, but I was able to come out victorious. And Flame finally evolved into a Typhlosion! I knew that would be very useful in the battles ahead since I was about to approach the Elite Four.

LyraChallenge.png
vs
VSWill.png
LyraChallenge.png
vs
VSKoga.png
LyraChallenge.png
vs
VSBruno.png
LyraChallenge.png
vs
VSKaren.png
LyraChallenge.png
vs
VSLance.png

And now it was time. My final challenge. This was the true test of my ability.

I felt pretty confident, so I gave the Elite Four a challenge. Will, the Psychic type trainer, wasn't terribly difficult. Koga, the Poison type trainer, was, however. I struggled a lot with him, but I was able to pull off a victory. I wasn't able to beat Bruno, the Fighting type leader, however. I went back and trained some more. I felt ready, but I wasn't ready enough apparently. When I went back for a second attempt, with more items to heal up my Pokemon in between battles, I was able to get to Karen, the Dark type trainer, and a familiar face, Lance, the Dragon type trainer and Champion of the League.

And I won. I actually won. Mary and Oak arrived shortly after my victory, and apparently I was going to be interviewed, but Lance ushered me away to get me registered in the Hall of Fame.

I was the Johto League champion. I did it.

Current Team
Spr_4h_157.png
Flame the Typhlosion
Spr_4h_185_f.png
Magnolia the Sudowoodo
Spr_4h_176.png
Omelette the Togetic
Spr_4h_181.png
Beep the Ampharos
Spr_4h_097_f.png
Melody the Hypno
Spr_4h_087.png
Snowflake the Dewgong

Boxed Pokemon
Ava the Pidgey, Atlantic the Weepinbell, Starlight the Staryu, Phoenix the Ho-Oh

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom