• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Female player anime variant

The animators don’t give a damn what system the games are on. The games are the ones where the opposite gender character is an NPC, which obviously matters more for the game's story, marketability, and thus matter for the anime more.

The anime would remain the same even if SwSh were releasing on the GBA, so this type of pattern doesn’t make sense at all, unless some influential anime staff happens to have a serious case of OCD.
Or they could make completely different characters to act as Ash's companions so to change the formula.

They can. My main point being that your pattern makes no sense.

Red: Ash, Blue: Female Trainer, Green: Gym Leader, Yellow: Younger Sibling, Orange: Classmates, Purple: Trainer, *: Cliffhanger, ^: No Cliffhanger

GB/GBC: (Original Series) Ash, Misty and Brock/Tracey*
GBA: (Advanced) Ash, May, Max and Brock*
DS: (Diamond and Pearl) Ash, Dawn and Brock^ (Black and White) Ash, Iris and Cilan*
3DS: (X and Y) Ash, Serena, Clemont and Bonnie^ (Sun and Moon) Ash, Lillie, Kiawe, Mallow, Sophocles and Lana (Possibly *)
Switch (Sword and Shield) Ash, ??? and ???

This is what I was trying to get at here.

And whenever there's a new game for a new console, the series would end in a cliffhanger with Ash travelling to a far away region, as seen at the end of the Original, AV, and BW. Whilst at the end of DP and XY, it has Ash returning to Pallet Town.

However, I might be wrong, the series would end with Ash returning to Pallet Town since now they'd rather have the entire series self contained rather than have it all as one big Easter egg hunt.

Last edited:
Red: Ash, Blue: Female Trainer, Green: Gym Leader, Yellow: Younger Sibling, Orange: Classmates, Purple: Trainer, *: Cliffhanger, ^: No Cliffhanger

DS: (Diamond and Pearl) Ash, Dawn and Brock^ (Black and White) Ash, Iris and Cilan*
3DS: (X and Y) Ash, Serena, Clemont and Bonnie^ (Sun and Moon) Ash, Lillie, Kiawe, Mallow, Sophocles and Lana (Possibly *)

???

I was hoping for Victor to be Ash's next companion.

Unfortunately, Victor/Tom/Bede will be replaced under Ash. Any generation with not an official remake (official remake would include FRLG, HGSS, and ORAS) or have players not being main NPCs (Hilda/Hilbert and Rosa/Nate only played as minor for the battle subway without having friends play in multi-battle) doesn't have a female player anime variant. This is only a speculation. We don't know if this is true.

And whenever there's a new game for a new console, the series would end in a cliffhanger with Ash travelling to a far away region, as seen at the end of the Original, AV, and BW. Whilst at the end of DP and XY, it has Ash returning to Pallet Town.

However, I might be wrong, the series would end with Ash returning to Pallet Town since now they'd rather have the entire series self contained rather than have it all as one big Easter egg hunt.
Anyway, even if SM finale doesn't have a cliffhanger doesn't mean Gloria/Jane/Marnie is not going to travel with Ash.

Why were you questioned Cynthia's? I know I am going to beat her hopefully in Diamond and then Pearl.

Also. The series is Best Wishes!

Its not about the first game on a new console, its rather the impact the Female Protag has on the games.
May is a rival, so needs to be promoted. Dawn helps you in the story, so needs to be promoted. Rosa does nothing, neither does Selene. Serena also is a rival, as such, also needs to be promoted.
HG/SS - Lyra has impact on the game, was promoted with temporary companion status
FR/LG - If not chosen as the playable character, Green doesn't have impact on the game, hasn't appeared in the anime either

All depends on if a female protag has a substantial role or impact on the game, too promote her by making her the female lead.

Its not about the first game on a new console, its rather the impact the Female Protag has on the games.
May is a rival, so needs to be promoted. Dawn helps you in the story, so needs to be promoted. Rosa does nothing, neither does Selene. Serena also is a rival, as such, also needs to be promoted.
HG/SS - Lyra has impact on the game, was promoted with temporary companion status
FR/LG - If not chosen as the playable character, Green doesn't have impact on the game, hasn't appeared in the anime either

All depends on if a female protag has a substantial role or impact on the game, too promote her by making her the female lead.
They might get away with the Wild Area.

I mean, the opposing player could be a younger sibling of Sonia and another grandchild of Mongolia.

I don't agree with most patterns, especially considering that they can be broken at any time.

What do you mean patterns and disagreement.

When do they reveal the new part of the Anime?

We can just wait. But if Gen VIII has DPPt remakes, then I am guessing Gloria could be Ash's companion. Remember how Alexa came to travel with the gang at the end of Best Wishes. Sonia could come to Alola.

We can just wait. But if Gen VIII has DPPt remakes, then I am guessing Gloria could be Ash's companion. Remember how Alexa came to travel with the gang at the end of Best Wishes. Sonia could come to Alola.

What exactly is the correlation between D/P remakes and which girl might join the cast in the ShSw saga? Because I'm not seeing it right now.

I mean May was Ash's companion with FRLG, Dawn with having HGSS, and Serena with having ORAS. So Gloria with the DP remakes. We don't have Elaine or Moon/Selene because they weren't NPCs.

I mean May was Ash's companion with FRLG, Dawn with having HGSS, and Serena with having ORAS. So Gloria with the DP remakes. We don't have Elaine or Moon/Selene because they weren't NPCs.
It doesn't work like that. In my personal opinion, I don't think that Gloria will be a companion unless she plays a significant role in the games if the player plays as the male protagonist, which was the case for May, Dawn, and Serena, but not Hilda or Selene.

I am guessing we wait on August 31st. It is hinted on Milo's back shirt along with the number of other days SwSh trailers were released.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom