• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Festival Plaza

I probably avoid anything in the Festival Plaza that is connected to Customization. I can try the other stuff.

I think (and hope) the Festival Plaza can be accessed while being offline too. You would miss out on quite a lot if it was only online and you don't have access to wifi. You wouldn't be able to dye your clothes, can't train your Pokémon in bouncy castles (which seem to replace Super Training), can't buy the special items in the General Store, etc. I think you can just access those facilities without being connected to the internet, and as soon as you want to do something that does require internet connection, it will ask you to connect.

All in all I'm quite excited about this feature, it seems like there's a lot of fun features available and can't wait to try them out. Though I do also hope it doesn't replace the PSS entirely, as in: please don't let us actually search for someone in the Plaza itself, instead of just being able to click on the person in the PSS.

I think (and hope) the Festival Plaza can be accessed while being offline too. You would miss out on quite a lot if it was only online and you don't have access to wifi. You wouldn't be able to dye your clothes, can't train your Pokémon in bouncy castles (which seem to replace Super Training), can't buy the special items in the General Store, etc. I think you can just access those facilities without being connected to the internet, and as soon as you want to do something that does require internet connection, it will ask you to connect.

We could still use Join Avenue while offline, so I expect it will function similarly here.

Actually, on that note, I wonder if there will be any generic automated NPCs that we can get to set up shops, just like there were for Join Avenue. I mean, I feel like that sort of defeats the point, but it would be a nice option for people who have no access to Wi-Fi.

For anyone wondering about the lack of the PSS and if the games require the Festival Plaza, don't fret. Basic online coms is one of the Menu options for the pause screen.

My guess is that, for the PSS situation, you'll be able to select acquaintances and friends instead of having to search for them, and you might be given the option to input friend codes to search for specific people who you haven't battled/traded with for. The random people will probably be the only ones you'd actually have to search the plaza for.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom