• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Filler percentages, saga by saga

Likewise stupid stuff like the Bibarel ep are filler, nobody gives a crap that the focus band Ash got is seen in the first BW episode. How is that in any way, shape, or form, important?

To prove that Best Wishes has continuity with the rest of the anime (specifically with Diamond and Pearl). For the writers and animators to show homage to the previous series.

There is a different between continuity and filler. The Focus Band at around the start of Best Wishes proves that the events in the episode are continuous with the anime.

However, the storyline of the Bibarel episode in itself does not drastically affect the anime in any way.

The Pokestylist ep is debateable. On one hand it wasn't a real contest and had no impact on Dawn's story.

But on the other hand they reference it a few times especially in DP191, and it seems like Dawn will also be one of those stylists in the future.

How the hell it didn't impact Dawn's story when the whole reason she left Ash was that?...

MrDoomBringer,It wasn't sad,Johto had the best fillers of the show,also Hoenn still had a lot of fillers and you are wrong Sinnoh still had more fillers then Johto put together,the DP series isn't the best and it was never consider to be the best anyways.

Ampharos King,the Best Wishes series do have a continuity with the anime but not with (the Diamond and Pearl series),the Best wishes series is a new reboot and the writers do not need to pay any homage to the last series,nobody gives a damn about the Diamond and Pearl series and the Best wishes series is a new reboot anyways,the writers only care about the new Best Wishes series not the Diamond and Pearl series which suck so bad,DP series is done and over with since, no one will even care about that series at all.

Last edited:
The Pokestylist ep is debateable. On one hand it wasn't a real contest and had no impact on Dawn's story.

But on the other hand they reference it a few times especially in DP191, and it seems like Dawn will also be one of those stylists in the future.

Didn't Dawn say she was interested in being a Pokestylist without giving up on her journey as a coordinator? I'd say it had impacted Dawn's story slightly.

Plus, Dawn won the competition. Character achievement eps count as non-filler, right?

MrDoomBringer,It wasn't sad,Johto had the best fillers of the show,also Hoenn still had a lot of fillers and you are wrong Sinnoh still had more fillers then Johto put together,the DP series isn't the best and it was never consider to be the best anyways.

I'm pretty sure that Sinnoh had the least fillers when put together. -_-

Ampharos King,the Best Wishes series do have a continuity with the anime but not with (the Diamond and Pearl series),the Best wishes series is a new reboot and the writers do not need to pay any homage to the last series,nobody gives a damn about the Diamond and Pearl series and the Best wishes series is a new reboot anyways,the writers only care about the new Best Wishes series not the Diamond and Pearl series which suck so bad,DP series is done and over with since, no one will even care about that series at all.

You have got to stop bashing the Diamond and Pearl series. There a lot of people on here who like it. I'm pretty sure that some, including me, aren't happy with you constantly belittling it.

Also, you said the same thing like three times, and it's not even on-topic.

It seems Best Wishes first filler is the 8th episode. By contrast DP's first filler was the 20th episode.

However, since BW had its first Gym at only 5 eps in, its excusable.

Do you not know what a filler episode is?

That is your opinion and just because you say that a lot of people here like the Diamond and Pearl series does not mean that it is true at all,because a lot of people don't really feel the same way as you do and you can't stop people from bashing the DP series because people or entitle to their own opinions.

Trainer Gabriel.I do know what a filler episode is,Sinnoh still had a lot of fillers wether you like it or not.

That is your opinion and just because you say that a lot of people here like the Diamond and Pearl series does not mean that it is true at all,because a lot of people don't really feel the same way as you do and you can't stop people from bashing the DP series because people or entitle to their own opinions.

Trainer Gabriel.I do know what a filler episode is,Sinnoh still had a lot of fillers wether you like it or not.

...are you blind? Can you not read? The very first post of this thread shows the numbers very clearly. The DP series has the least number of fillers and you need to look at the percentages because you need to compare the number of fillers out of a whole series. It is not opinion that DP had the least number of fillers - IT IS FACT.

It is not a fact miser blind dumb man,the DP series still had more fillers and that is your opinion.

No. It isn't.

Johto - approximately 79 fillers.

Sinnoh - approximately 34 fillers.

Troll harder, why don't you?

Why don't you go troll harder your self you are doing a pretty good job of it,your opinions are not facts,Sinnoh still had more fillers then Johto, mister think he know it all but he don't.

You really are a troll aren't you.

The numbers don't lie. Its as simple as that.

The johto saga was 50% filler. Depending on what you count as filler, the number may change by 3%-4% but similar.

The only troll is you,even if Johto was full of fillers it does not mean that they all suck,it also don't mean that Sinnoh is perfect in anyway.

Did I say all of Johto's fillers sucked? Did I say DP was a perfect saga? Stop putting words in my mouth.

Say that 1 out of every 4 fillers is an excellent episode worth a lot of praise. When you have so many fillers you are bound to get a few gems out of them. Johto had some great fillers. But for me, the ratio of good fillers to bad fillers for every saga is the same. But since Johto had a lot more fillers, the number of good fillers as well as the number of bad fillers is a lot.

It's a measure people use to judge episodes they can skip without missing anything that revolves around the main plot....it's really dumb because people will only use it to prove how one saga is better than another for whatever reason...

even if Johto was full of fillers it does not mean that they all suck,it also don't mean that Sinnoh is perfect in anyway.

Insecurity over filler percentages does amuse me quite frankly. If someone wants to watch a more laidback saga then they'd probably be interested in a saga with a higher filler percentage. It's funny how you guys only look at the negatives.

Why don't you go troll harder your self you are doing a pretty good job of it,your opinions are not facts,Sinnoh still had more fillers then Johto, mister think he know it all but he don't.

That's MISS "Thinks she knows it all, and she does", thank you very much :p

For the record, filler doesn't necessarily = bad. I don't know why you're so vehement on insisting Sinnoh had more fillers when the evidence makes it clear that is not the case.

Oh wait. I know why. You're a troll. Or an idiot who cannot admit he is wrong. Same difference. Insist Johto is better all you want - just don't rely on bullshit statements like "Sinnoh has more filler".

Last edited:
I find it amusing now how all this person's posts dissapeared, so now it looks like we're talking to ourselves.

Regardless of the lack of filler, Sinnoh's long gaps between Gyms, especially Eterna-Veilstone and Snowpoint-Sunyshore were pretty ridiculous.

Do you think they stretched Sinnoh out because they didn't want Dawn to have two contests arcs or Johto to be re-visited?

I find it amusing now how all this person's posts dissapeared, so now it looks like we're talking to ourselves.

It is amusing isn't it. I'm just glad I don't have to put up with that kind of BS for a while now. :p

Regardless of the lack of filler, Sinnoh's long gaps between Gyms, especially Eterna-Veilstone and Snowpoint-Sunyshore were pretty ridiculous.

Out of the 30-something episodes between the Eterna and Veilstone gym battles, 17-18 are nonfiller by my standards. I don't know about you, but that's a pretty good percentage considering the size of the gap. Plus, there were some pretty good fillers like Luxray Vision and Tanks for the Memories thrown in there, too.

But the gap between Snowpoint and Sunyshore...

Yeah. It could've been shortened.

Do you think they stretched Sinnoh out because they didn't want Dawn to have two contests arcs or Johto to be re-visited?

I don't see any reason why they wouldn't have wanted to give Dawn an extra arc. I also don't see why they wouldn't have wanted to revisit Johto, but it's possible that the writers didn't feel the need to include another BF or just wanted to span Sinnoh out longer.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom