• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

First time you have ever lost a battle in pokemon?

My first loss was when I first faced Bugsy. My entire team was wiped out by Scyther's Quick Attack.

It's been so long since my first loss in Pokemon, but I bet it was against Brock in Red Version.

Afraid to say it was my very first battle ever against Blue in Pokemon Red. I can't remember the details exactly, but my Bulbasaur probably missed with Tackle a few too many times, whilst his Charmander had a very small chance of missing with Scratch.

But worse than that was my first linked battle. Somehow, my opponent was able to defeat my level 100 Mewtwo, Articuno and Snorlax with just a Raticate! I seem to remember my Mewtwo (Who has nearly top HP & Defence) getting KO by two or three Digs, so I've sometimes wondered if he actually cheated.

Still, both of these depressing battles are likely the reason why I'm so determined to become good at the games. No way do I want to suffer such embarrassing defeats again.

I can't remember what my first loss was. Maybe to a gym leader because I didn't train enough or something. But I've had some pretty embarrassing ones. The worst of which being that time I lost to Barry in Platinum when HIS STUPID STARAVIA SWEPT MY WHOLE TEAM BECAUSE IT KEPT USING GOD DAMN DOUBLE TEAM. I will hate that move forever.

I can't remember what my first loss was. Maybe to a gym leader because I didn't train enough or something. But I've had some pretty embarrassing ones. The worst of which being that time I lost to Barry in Platinum when HIS STUPID STARAVIA SWEPT MY WHOLE TEAM BECAUSE IT KEPT USING GOD DAMN DOUBLE TEAM. I will hate that move forever.

That's why I always have a Shock Wave variation move in my party.

My first loss was actually two days ago. All I had with me was a Lv. 1 Slugma and five eggs, doing a massive egg hatching quest. I was around the Village Bridge, and accidentally ran into grass.

Hoo boy...

That's why I always have a Shock Wave variation move in my party.

I didn't have any sure-hit moves or TMs yet at the time.

Back when I was young and got Silver, the first trainer in the Violet City gym gave me tons of trouble, since I had picked a Chikorita and didn't know how to catch Pokemon at that point.

I don't remember my first loss in the blue red days, but I remember my girlfriend's first loss in HG. She was against Bugsy, and his Scyther used U-Turn against her Bayleef. Then Rocky the traded Onix leveled up during the fight and started to disobey. She did not have any other trained Pokemon.

The first time I ever lost a battle was against Whitney's damn Miltank in Gold.

I also lost to Lance in Gold.
In Ruby I lost to Wattson and Steven.

As far I can remember that's all.

Way back when I first played Platinum, I was up against Gardenia with a Piplup as my starter....yeah, not a good idea. I won by grinding my Staravia.

Back when I was playing Crystal YEARS ago, I went against Chuck for the first time, and most of my team was normal or dark and things like that.
I failed miserably :c

Revamped my team a little bit and I won :3

Can't remember to who but I remember how i felt, angry and hurt. Man, i went and raised my pokemon till they we're making change in exp. points then clobbered that person. other times made me feel like i never wanted to play ever again!

Can't remember to who but I remember how i felt, angry and hurt. Man, i went and raised my pokemon till they we're making change in exp. points then clobbered that person. other times made me feel like i never wanted to play ever again!

I know, the first time I battled the Elite Four in Black and White made me feel like Catlin and Grimsley were trying to literally KILL my Pokemon.

First time I lost a battle was against Brock in Pokemon Yellow. It's practically mandatory that you catch a Mankey and level it up to level 9 (teach it low kick) to even have a chance.

I think the first time I ever lost was to Bugsy in Gold when I still used only my starter back then, who was, obviously, Chikorita. Fury Cutter normally doesn't seem so powerful. xD

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom