• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVERYONE: (Flowering love 2024) bloom

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
Hello everyone! I’m really proud of the way this turned out! I hope you enjoy my entry, and even if I don’t win anything, I had fun writing! This is a boutiqueshipping one shot, by the way! I really love them both and I immediately knew I’d write them!
This Fic is written about my canon divergent Kalos verse, so some things may differ from canon.

content warnings: mention(s) of (avoided) death and murder
(If there’s a CW you feel I should add feel free to pm me or something and I’ll add it!)

Serena knelt in the small flower garden behind her house. The sun shone brightly as she wiped sweat off her forehead. She had come out to water the blooms, and to plant a new one. She pulled her sunglasses up onto her head to get a clearer look at the plants. Small patches of flowers were beginning to bloom, some faster than others.

Serena dug a small hole in the dirt, recoiling slightly at the feel of the soil under her fingernails. She placed the bright blue forget-me-nots in the dirt, and covered them back up. She smiled as she stood up to admire her work.

Suddenly, she felt someone jump up behind her and put their arms around her. Her sunglasses fell back onto her nose. Shauna. Slightly startled, Serena took a step forward, stepping on one of the patches of flowers.

“Hiii Serenie! Whatcha doing back here? Calems got ice cream over by his mini pool thing!” Shauna pulled back from her, noticing Serena’s lack of response. She matched Serena’s gaze, and noticed the crumpled patch of flowers. “Oh no.. I’m so sorry Serenie….” She said, quickly realizing what had happened.

Serena looked back at Shauna and pulled her sunglasses back onto her head. “It’s fine…. Really. Those flowers… were kind of unsettling to me anyways…” Shauna didn’t understand what she meant, but tried to match her mood anyways.

“They… look like normal flowers to me..?” Shauna said, tentatively. Serena didn’t look up from the ground, and Shauna started to get worried.

“They…” Serena said finally said. “They reminded me of the ultimate weapon. The one from when Team Flare tried to…” She didn’t finish her sentence, but she didn’t have to. She couldn’t see Shauna’s face, but she could tell she was taken aback by the realization.

“…I-I didn’t see that before. But… at least they’re gone now, right?” Shauna said, trying to bring a bit of levity to the conversation. Serena finally looked up at her girlfriend. She smiled softly.

“Yeah. Now, should we get Calem’s ice cream? We can dig up the smushed ones later,” Serena said. Shauna smiled back, happy that Serena was feeling better.

That evening, the two of them returned to Serena’s garden. Shauna had brought a small shovel so the two of them didn’t have to get their hands too dirty. In the light of the setting sun, they removed the old flowers and set them off to the side.

“That’s it, I guess,” Serena said, looking down at the pile of dirt and uprooted flowers. “Really, I don’t even know why I planted those in the first place.” Shauna nodded to show she was listening. “I… don’t know why I’m even thinking about the whole… incident in the first place. That’s in the past. I don’t want to think about it,” Serena finished. Shauna nodded again, this time looking at Serena.

“Let’s go inside. It’s getting dark, anyways,” Shauna said, breaking the silence. She wanted to give Serena a hug, but decided that could wait until they were indoors. Serena looked confused.

“Together? Aren’t you going back to your house?” She asked.

“I meant yours. Together. If that’s ok, that is,” Shauna explained. Serena smiled.

“Yeah. That sounds good.” Serena felt herself blush as Shauna took her hand. Together, they entered Serena’s house.

In her room, Serena sat down on a beanbag she had on the floor and removed her jacket. Shauna walked out of the bathroom wearing a pair of pyjamas.

“…where did you get those?” Serena asked. Shauna smiled.

“I’m over here so much I thought i might as well keep some here!” Serena laughed as Shauna sat down in the beanbag next to her.

As they sat in her room, Serena started thinking back to what had happened months ago. At this point, she had to tell someone.

“Hey Shauna?” She asked, tentatively. Shauna looked up, slightly worried.

“Yeah?”

“Can I…. Talk about stuff?” She asked. Shauna nodded, happy that Serena trusted her enough to talk to her about her emotions.

Serena sighed. “I’m glad Team Flare is gone. I’m glad we stopped them. I’m glad they don’t have Zygarde anymore. I’m glad Malva is kind of nice now. I’m glad we’re all alive and okay and Kalos is intact and everything. But I also can’t forget what I did when they had…. Me. I-I almost set off the ultimate weapon. I almost……killed you.” She was talking faster, and was on the verge of tears.

Shauna looked at Serena, sad. She leaned over and finally hugged Serena.

“It’s ok. You didn’t do anything yourself. It was all them,” She said, comforting her.

Serena nodded, calming down and hugging Shauna back.

“How about we think of what good came out of it?” Shauna said, lightening the mood, knowing Serena would prefer that.

“Well…. Us, for one,” Serena said after some thought.

Shauna smiled.

“We did bloom in a way during everything. It’s a lot better than the ultimate weapon blooming, for one.” Serena returned the smile.

“We can keep blooming along with the flowers outside, if you want,” Serena said. She felt herself go red again.

Shauna blushed too.

“Yeah. I’d like that.”

The next morning, Shauna woke up to see Serena awake, looking deep in thought at her Nintendo Switch.

“Whatcha doing?” Shauna asked. Serena looked up, slightly startled.

“Oh hi. Ace Attorney. Replaying this case and I forgot what evidence to show,” Serena replied. Shauna smiled.

“You know I’m the right one to ask for this kind of stuff.” She said, looking over her shoulder.

After helping her, Shauna changed into a t shirt and shorts, as the weather looked quite hot for today. Serena changed into her usual outfit, this time leaving her jacket and leggings in her room.

“So….. how would you feel about getting some new flowers to plant in the hole in your garden?” Shauna asked.

“That sounds good,” Serena replied.

As they left Serena’s house, they noticed one of their friends was outside too. Calem was leaning against the railing of his porch, his head propped up in his hands.

“Oh, hello, you two.” He said with a smug look on his face, noticing the two were holding hands.

“Hello Calem,” Shauna said in a monotone voice. Serena said nothing, but felt herself blush.

“Have fun on your daaaaate!” Calem said in an almost singsong voice, teasing them.

“It’s not a date, we’re just buying flowers!” Serena said, flustered.

“Sounds like a date to me.” Calem said, shrugging as he turned away to enter his house. Serena knew he was joking, as he always is, but couldn’t help blushing further.

Shauna smiled.

They walked to the nearest garden centre, not saying much else the entire walk. Serena seemed content with that, so Shauna didn’t try to initiate anything. The two of them walked, hand in hand, down the street in the summer sun.

They both enjoyed the peace they were finally able to get.

The two girls entered the garden centre and were surprised by their friend.

“Trevor. Nice seeing you here,” Shauna said, sounding annoyed at his mere presence. They could never seem to stand each other, but everyone knew they were good friends under all the bickering and backhanded comments.

“Hello Serena,” he said, looking up from his Pokédex. “And Shauna,” He added after a couple seconds. Serena smiled as a greeting, while Shauna avoided eye contact to show she didn’t care.

“Let’s go,” Shauna said, taking Serena’s hand and walking off to the ready-to-plant section. Serena looked back and mouthed “sorry” to Trevor. He just shrugged and started comparing a plant to something on his Pokédex.

After some looking around, they found something they deemed perfect. Beautiful, even. Not in the way Lysandre wanted the world to be, but in a delicate, slightly flawed way. Like how people are.

The two walked back to Serena’s garden holding a small pot with a few bright pink carnations just about to bloom.

As before, Shauna used the shovel to dig a small hole while Serena put the flowers in. They smoothed out the soil around it and stood up.

“They’re pretty while they bloom,” Serena said, holding Shauna’s hand.

“Just like us. And you. You’re pretty,” Shauna said, making Serena blush again.

“Y-yeah. Like us.”

Last edited:
ah this was a super sweet read! i'm super fascinated by your take on the kalos story from what i can gleam from this, and it's always nice to read a fic that delves into the trauma that the pokemon protagonists likely have.

the kalos rival group is perhaps my favorite rival group just because of how intertwined they feel. friend group found family for life ❤❤❤

also Ace Attorney x Pokémon crossover when

Oh it is absolutely a date! Come on now! Also, I really like your portrayl of the XY friend group—i feel they are very much overlooked compared to other game protagonists. This was a sweet read! :)

Back
Top Bottom