• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TEEN: Fossilized Love

137.RADIO

Gao apathu yon nih
Reaction score
*Author's note* (don't I sound frivolous) This fan fic takes place in heerosferret's denhyou fics (sunyshore on fanfiction.net). It's kind of like a fan-continuation or some disconnected event that I randomly thought up and takes place from Volkner's point of view. It's also a way for me to start writing again, with something that I've already written out the ending to, so I know this story ends and I feel safe writing it. Another thing is that the rating is teen because this story is not yaoi. It's more shoen ai and even then, I really think this is just a love story, my tragic attempt at a love story. Any sex scenes would be out place and there's no way I'm going to write them out either. So, well... concerning grammer and punction, etc, the first chapter is being typed up on my phone so please excuse any errors until I can hustly my way onto a computer. Well, any crtique and comments are accepted, and I hope you somewhat enjoy this story!
========
Index:
Chapter One: This post
Chapter Two: Here
=======
Chapter One
Roark had just boarded the train back to Oreburgh City leaving me with a kiss and a promise to call later. I watched the train slowly move out of the station, quickly gaining up speed with his cute, little face pressed up to the window, waving good bye. I waved back, my arm still in the air as the train disapeered, leaving only a roar.

I felt empty without him

Slowly, I walked back to my house, letting jolteon and luxray run circles around me, pretend-fighting. The air turned cold as the sun began to peak out from behind the Pokemon League. Roark had gotten a call about some cave the miners had dug into and promised to be back at the mines first thing in the morning. I sighed, slouching. I got beat to a hole in the ground. Looking up, I supposed the only good thing about this was being able to watch the sunrise illuminate the sky in a hundred different shades. I yawned, luxray bumbing into my leg to get away from jolteon. I started jogging towards home. I needed to change and then get the gym open. Phooey.

All dressed and half awake, I unlocked the doors groping around in the darkness to find the power switch. My hand gripped tight, I readied myself for the moment of truth. With the renovations finally finished, my petty challengers would be able to be swiftly defeated by the ultimate gym leader in a setting just as awesome. I flipped up the handle and was drowned by an overpowering light as the generators hummed loudly. For a moment I worried that I had set Sunnyshore in another black out, but a tiny voice piped up from behind me.

"Wow, that's intense." It was the gym attendent.

I felt giddy, sprinting inside to observe the rest of my genious designs come to life. The day had officially began.

My octilary was a nasty surprise to most of the trainers who had stumbled into my gym with a handful of freshly caught ground types. Sometimes they wouldn't even get pasted luxray, but now? Now this trainer had done her homework, switching to an almost intimidating roserade when I pulled out my octilary on her opening garchomp. Behind her were two boys that were unervingly identical, but I didn't let this distract me when the trainer orded out a petal dance. When the confusion two moves later knocked the roserade out, I got back on my stride and almost effertlessy striked the rest of her team. She grumbled, storming out with the look alikes following her.

I smirked, wondering if she was planning on coming back soon when I realized, counting the pokeballs on my belt, that I was short a pokemon. I yelped, sprinting past the girl I just defeated hoping to god that jolteon was at home instead of wandering the streets. I didn't want to come close to almost losing another one of my pokemon. Just before I had opened my door, the ground shook, quickly and violently, almost knocking me off my feet. I looked around, expecting another tremor but there were only turned over flower pots. I stood back up, dusting myself off and laughing at the random earthquake. Luckily, he was snoozing on my couch with the cellphone close by. I gave myself a mental headslap for being forgetful. I jostled jolteon awake while I checked my messages. Strangely, there weren't any. It was almost noon, you'd think Roark would've called by now, but it wasn't like I could've answered. I shrugged, slipping the phone into my pocket as I jogged back with jolteon on my heels. Sure enough. The girl was waiting with a tapping foot. I guess I could call my boyfriend later.
==========
So? How'd it go so far? Gah, my thumbs are tired... next chapter I'm typing on the computer...

Last edited:
"Next Chapter on computer?"
eeNope.

I don't think this chapter is as good or long as I wanted it too be. The first and second chapter got mushed into the first chapter I posted up here, which would mean this is really the third but, it's the second...

Anways...

==============
Chapter 2
That girl walked away with a yellow badge, carefully shining and annoyingly tapping away before placing it in her trainer case and skipping out with the two boys behind her. For a moment i wondered why those two didn't fight but soon boredom began to seep in and I decided to call it quits. That battle had sucked up the rest of the day anyways with that girl's unlimited supply of moomoo milks.

I took the short way home to avoid the cold in vain, planting myself on the couch once I got there. Luxray curled up in a corner of the couch forcing Jolteon to the arm. I turned on the TV, bombarded with red flashes of sound and rock scattered all over the screen with metal wires poking out of the ground with bits of cement stuck to them. The place looked like it had been ransacked by a giant plow. All that was missing was the mud and magikarp. A lady of monotonous voice came on the screen, the destruction now her background.

"Oreburgh City has been hit the hardest from the surprise earthquake, that had rocked the entire region, completely collapsing the mines."

I stared at the screen, deerling in headlights, my brain refusing to put two and two together. The news had always been a cold distant reality of sad events that never had any effect on Sunyshore's part of Sinnoh, but this? It wasn't another Galactic Bomb of nearby Pastoria...No, this was...

Oh, god.

I scrambled around for my cellphone. Roark still hadn't called! I mashed in buttons until I reached the right combination, the phone ringing for eternity before I reached the voicemail. My body slumped forward, my head hitting the floor. I shivered picking myself up before trying again, only to reach the same recording. Luxray crawled over and snuggled next to me while I called repeatedly, not even listening to see if Roarkie had actually answered...

...hey, maybe I was getting ahead of myself. I probably was. There was all teh chance in the world that as soon as Roark got home in his dusty little town that he went straight home and fell right to sleep which made no sense at all but since he wasn't answering, there was only one way to find out. I'd have to go over and find him.
=============

I'm just gonna watch Torchwood on my phone now...

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom