• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

FR Team

firetamer

Reaction score
Just need to rate my team, maybe even give me some tips if you want.:

NiteDragon/Dragonite, Amulet Coin Lv.78
Wing Attack
Waterfall
Surf
Outrage

PinkBeauty/Blissey Lv.78
Egg Bomb
Softboiled
Psychic
Earthquake

Blaziken Lv.100
Flamethrower
Strenth
Sky Uppercut
Rock Smash

Red/Charizard Lv.100
Fly
Cut
Flamethrower
Steel Wing

Ampharos, Leftovers Lv.100
Thunderbolt
Thunderwave
Shock Wave
Thunder

Godzilla/Tyranitar, EXP. Share Lv.60
Crunch
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Need forth move

I can see your team's been busy in-game.

I'd drop Waterfall from Dragonite. Giving it something like Fire Blast would be a good idea.

Blissey is terrible with physical attacks. Going with Special Attacks is a good idea, as Blissey has a useful Special Attack score. Ice Beam, Flamethrower...all that good stuff would be fine.

Blaziken needs to drop Rock Smash, and probably Strength. I would go for teaching it Rock Slide and Swords Dance in place of the two moves.

Charizard could use Swords Dance or Dragon Claw over Cut.

Ampharos could use Counter and Body Slam over Thunder and Shock Wave. If you want to keep Thunder, then go for Rain Dance and Body Slam replacing Shock Wave and Thunderbolt.

Tyranitar could use another special attack, maybe Thunderbolt. It'll prove helpful against some Water-types you face.

Not a bad team, it's better than some in-game teams I've rated in the past. 8 out of 10.

Thank's for the help I think I mite teach my Tyranitar Thunderbolt, so can someone else suggest some acttacks Tyranitar can learn or do I have to just take ShadyWolf's advise and teach my Tyranitar Thunderbolt.

at first glance i would say re-think your battle stradagy. 4 of your 6 pokemon, are weak against water or ice. strong party i admit, but it wont stand a chance if you come against a high level water/ice pokemon like lapras or suicune. i would get rid of blissy all together, she isnt really good for anything but pokedex space. blaziken and charizard are not both needed. i would say get rid of charizard, blaziken could at least put up some of a fight if you come against a ice/water pokemon due to attribute issues, charizard would fail miserably being flying/fire against water/ice pokemon. Tyranitar i would say replace with a rhydon with "thunder rod" abillity to help in double battles against electric. i reccomend using something with a mixed attribute that are not easily countered by the basic weakness'. i would say put in medicham, and quagsire for this. your amphorose is good, i just dont recomend you use it in double battles with rhydon.

::Rundown::

Dragonite - dump waterfall and surf, learn fly and thunder(bolt)
Blissey - replace with quagsire (teach surf)
Blaziken - replace rocksmash (fire punce?).
Charizard - Replace with Medicham
Tyranitar - replace withy Rhydon with "Thunder Rod"
Ampharos - ok, but i would say teach it at least 1 move that isnt electric

This is ingame right, but anyway you could get a good HM slave.For ampharos go with

Rain dance
thunder
thunder wave(really dont need because of the trait static, but it doesn't lways work)
cotton spore(maybe)

take out charizard, keep blaziken.

blaziken
sky uppercut
flamethrower
thunder punch
swords dance

Blissey rocks, keep it.

Blissey
aromatherapy
thunder wave
seismic toss
softboiled

Tyranitar is coming along great.

For dragonite, go with

Dragonite
subtistute
focus punch
ice beam
dragon claw

This is ingame right, but anyway you could get a good HM slave.For ampharos go with

Rain dance
thunder
thunder wave(really dont need because of the trait static, but it doesn't lways work)
cotton spore(maybe)

take out charizard, keep blaziken.

blaziken
sky uppercut
flamethrower
thunder punch
swords dance

Blissey rocks, keep it.

Blissey
aromatherapy
thunder wave
seismic toss
softboiled

Tyranitar is coming along great.

For dragonite, go with

Dragonite
subtistute
focus punch
ice beam
dragon claw

hmmm, Tyranitars a tough one to help you with, seeing as i never use him. his lack of speed is one of his main downfalls like with most ground/rock/steel pokemon. i would say let him hold quick claw just to give him that extra little kick.

Heres some help use if you want.

Teach tyranitar dynamic punch for all the strong normal pokemon, or some other fighting move. Get rid of Charzard hes not as good as he used to be in the old games, blazikan is better. And as for Dragonite get rid of waterfall and teach him thunderbolt, icebeam, or earthquake. And instead of shockwave for ampharos teach it like body slam some other move thats not electric. Everthing else is good and Instead of charzard i recomend Herecross:D. For more questions my emails [email protected]

firetamer said:
Just need to rate my team, maybe even give me some tips if you want.:

NiteDragon/Dragonite, Amulet Coin Lv.78
Wing Attack / Fly, It works ingame.
Fire Blast
Surf
Outrage [/b] Why would you need Outrage? IMO It sucks...[/b]

PinkBeauty/Blissey Lv.78
Ice Beam
Softboiled
Psychic /Seismic Toss
[/b] Aromatherapy or something[/b]

Blaziken Lv.100
Flamethrower
Strenth Strength Sucks; use Sword Dance
Sky Uppercut
Rock Smash

Red/Charizard Lv.100
Fly
Cut Cut Sucks. Unless you want to cut trees...
Flamethrower
Steel Wing

Ampharos, Leftovers Lv.100
Thunderbolt
Thunderwave
Shock Wave
Thunder

Why do you need so many Electric Moves? Ditch SHock Wave and Thunder for Ice Punch and Light Screen

Godzilla/Tyranitar, EXP. Share Lv.60
Crunch
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Fire Blast if you trained a Special one, Dragon Dance for Physical

Give Leftovers to everyone. DO you EV train?

Uh, no? It is when you train Pokémon for a certain stat, like say you want a T-Tar to be good in attack. Then you would train it with high attack Pokémon such as Shuppet. Chech an EV training faq.

overall a good team and i agree with BlazeMXX. it looks like you're training your T-tar for physical, so go with dragon dance or even curse. take all of his moves advice, but IMO if you have a Dragonite with Outrage, give it a healing item for the confusion of teach it safeguard to use the turn before you attack with outrage.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom