• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Friend Safari

It is a fact that Friend Safari has a higher shiny pokemon rate, I dont know how higher it is but I found 3 shiny pokemon on the last 2 days (Bermite, Ponyta and Snorunt).
bergmite appeared on my 5 encounter, ponyta on my 200+ encounter and snorunt on my 90 encounter.
right now Im doing some research to find out what are the "shiny friend safari" rules.
maybe you have to be on the friend safari while your friend is online, maybe you have to be far from the borders, maybe you have to be on a fully unlocked FS.. i dont know this are really just espectulations...

I'm still convinced it's just luck. I've spent some hours in several safaris the past few days and found nothing.

Yes it is a matter of luck, but you cant deny Friend safari has a increased Shiny pokemon encounter rate.
how can you explain that almost every shiny pokemon found to date is a Fishing or a Friend safari pokemon?

After 90+ hours logged, I was in a Safari and ran in to.....a fucking shiny Sunkern....of all things....I never would have known it was shiny had I not seen the little twinkle animation when the Pokemon is revealed.

From what I've been hearing, finding shinies in the Safari is far more common than else where. Maybe that's what tipping does, is increase your chance of finding one in the Safari, specifically? I'm just speculating, I really have no idea why shinies seem more common in the Safaris.

I found a shiney Dunsparce, but I'm also finding imposter ditto when the other player is offline (something I thought was impossible).

I found my very first wild shiny EVER and that was a Shiny Boldore. I've been whoring out the Friend Safari and the Wonder Trade almost all week.

I haven't tried the Friend Safari that much, although the many reports of Shinies being found there attracts my interest. I've been more into chain fishing these days, which has already got me a Shiny Skrelp.

Sounds like the friend safari is good for getting shinys. Anyone know if there's a higher chance in there?

I've not been trying to get Shinies, but I have acquired a Hariyama and Quagisire that are Shiny.

Also, there seems to be an error with Friend Safari's that include Vivillon. Even if you have seen it, when you come to the Friend Safari Selection page, Vivillon isn't shown, but the Pokéball shown beforehand remains. Seems several people have got this, just in case people think it's only their game.

I've never spent to much time in the friend safari. I'd go in, catalog the 2/3 Pokemon available, and leave. But after hearing shiny Pokemon seem to be more likely there, last night I started aiming for a shiny Aipom in a safari were it's only that and Mincinno.
No luck so far, but I DID catch a female Aipom in a Heal Ball just in case I give up and use the good 'ol Masuda Method.(since Heal Balls match shiny Aipom quite nicely)
I've only spend 2-3 hours looking at the most, but I'm going to continue tonight.

I got my first shiny this generation in the friend safari. It was a barbaracle though... not one of the prettier pokemon. Either way, if shinies do appear more often in the friend safari, they are a very nice bonus while farming the rare max iv pokemon there.

Ok so I've finally beaten the Elite 4 and the Champion last night after a long 90+ hours and just did my first Friend Safari the friend I have has Fire, Magmar and slugma.. any whos how does one find out what type of Safari they have so they can tell others?

Ok so I've finally beaten the Elite 4 and the Champion last night after a long 90+ hours and just did my first Friend Safari the friend I have has Fire, Magmar and slugma.. any whos how does one find out what type of Safari they have so they can tell others?

You have to have someone in your friends list to go to the Safari and tell you.

I'm having a problem adding more people to my friend list from my 3DS friends list, and therefore more problems trying to get access to more friend safaris. Does anyone happen to know how to fix this?

Friend Safari definitely has an increased shiny rate. I've gotten two shinies today from two different friend safaris. But maybe it's a one time thing like, after you find a shiny in a your friends safari, it immediately goes back to the normal rates?

Friend Safari definitely has an increased shiny rate. I've gotten two shinies today from two different friend safaris. But maybe it's a one time thing like, after you find a shiny in a your friends safari, it immediately goes back to the normal rates?

Thats a good theory, were you and your friend online at the same time when you got them?

Thats a good theory, were you and your friend online at the same time when you got them?

No we weren't actually.

I'm positive that there's a increased shiny encounter rate, but it's still a mystery how it actually works, and if it's only a one-time thing. But I'll be hunting a shiny Noibat now and I'll tell you the results at the end of the day.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom