• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Fruit Bowl Mafia 2: Endgame: Pasta La Vista, Baby! 22/6/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Endgame: Pasta La Vista, Baby!

Day 6 Final Votals:

Soulmaster: III (Zexy, Elieson, Pika_Pika42)

Endgame: Pasta La Vista, Baby!

The players gathered together once more in order to determine who should be placed on the chopping block. They confronted a greenish fellow who had been stalking the other players throughout the game.
At one point, the player had been considered to be a member of the town, but he had fallen from grace, dew to an attempt at framing a member of the fruits.

Three of the players gazed upon this leafy individual and éclaired him to be guilty. The player was placed upon the chopping block, and the knife descended.

Dear Soulmaster,
0012.png

Captain Vegetable said:
It is I, Captain Vegetable
With my carrot, and my celery
Eating crunchy vegetables is good for me
And they're good for you, so eat them too
For teeth so strong, your whole life long
Eat celery and carrots by the bunch
Three cheers for me, Captain Vegetable
Crunch, crunch, crunch!

You are the Celery. You are an integral part of several cultural cuisines. Together with onions and bell peppers, you form the "holy trinity" for Louisiana Creole and Cajun cuisine. Combined with onions and carrots, you form mirepoix, a French base used for many soups and sauces. Even on your own, you are used as a staple ingredient in many common soups, such as chicken noodle soup.
Your seeds produce a volatile oil, which is used in both perfumes and pharmaceuticals, but can also be used for flavoring and spices. In fact, when combined with salt, it makes celery salt, which is used to season many cocktails, most notably Bloody Marys, Chicago-style hot dogs, and as a base of Old Bay Seasoning.
You also have many medical uses. In 30 CE, Aulus Cornelius Celsus discovered that you can be used in pills for pain re-leaf. Furthermore, you contain the 3-n-butylphthalide compound, which has been shown to lower blood pressure in rats. Your juice has reduced hypertension is most patients, according to one study, and has even helped reduce hypertension caused by pregnancy.
Your seeds contain Bergapten, which increases photosensitivity, so it should never be consumed in excessive sunlight without adequate protection
Although you contain many nutrients, including calcium, you are most notable as a source of dietary fiber. You are often mistaken as a "negative-calorie food," which means that consuming you costs more calories than you contain, but this is not true.
You contain a powerful allergen which provokes severe reaction for people with the allergy, including potentially dealy Anaphylactic shock. Notably you root contains more allergen than your stalk, and the allergen is not destroyed at cooking temps.
You have had a signi-fig-ant cultural impact throughout the ages. Your leaves were part of the garlands found in Tutankhamun's tomb, and celery mericaps were found in the Heraion of Samos.You are mentioned both in the Iliad and the Odyssey. More recently, you were worn as a corsage by the Fifth Doctor, played by Peter Davison, on the BBC television series, Doctor Who.

Because you come in stalks, you are quite capable of following people without their noticing. As such, you are the Stalker. During the night, you may PM the hosts: Stalk: <player>, and you will be told who that player visited that night.

You are allied with the Villainous Vegetables, and you win when all opposing factions have been e-lemonaded.

As the remaining town member cheered, his jubilation was cut short. Two of the remaining players unmasked themselves, re-vealing that they were not who the other players had thought they were. They were, in fact, impastas.
Dear Zexy,
Flying-Spaghetti-Monster-church-of-the-flying-spaghetti-monster-31464222-400-295.jpg

Bobby Henderson said:
We are not saying that Evolution can't exist, only that it is guided by His Noodly Appendage.

You are the Flying Spaghetti Monster, also known as the true Creator of the Multiverse. Any other deity is merely an impasta. The knowledge of your existence became widely revealed to the public by the Prophet, Bobby Henderson, in 2005 after he published an open letter that he wrote to the Kansas State Board of Education on the Internut.
You have become the symbol of opposition to teaching intelligent design in public schools, but you have evolved far beyond just that. Following your immense popularity, Pastafarianism was founded in 2006, when the Prophet Henderson wrote The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, codifying your will for all humankind.
Although knowledge of your existence has become commonplace only recently, pirates were the original Pastafarians, and Global Warming is directly linked to the decreasing number of pirates worldwide.
Despite the oppression that your devout followers receive from the unenlightened masses, who refuse to use their noodles, you are slowly gaining ground. Pastafarianism is an officially recognized religion in the Netherlands and New Zealand. In fact, the first legally recognized Pastafarian wedding occurred in New Zealand in April 2016. True believers celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day on September 19th, and can often be found donning pirate attire or wearing their ceremonial colander head coverings. Other religious holidays celebrated by your loyal followers include; Holiday, Pastover, and Ramendan.
Although you've gotten the meat ball rolling, there is still much good you have to do in this world.
May we all merit experiencing your divine presence and the power and influence of your Noodly Appendage speedily and in our times.
Ramen.

Because you are the deity of a parody religion, you are the Cult Leader. On every night, you may PM the hosts: Extend my Noodly Appendage to: <player>. If that player is town, they will convert to Pastafarianism, lose their former role, and become a Cultist. If that player is mafia, you will be killed. You will share a private conversation with all of your cultists. Because of your divine powers, you are also 1x Deathproof. This means that you will survive one attempt on your life, be it via lynching, night killing, or attempting to convert a mafioso.
You are allied with yourself and your Cultists, and you win when your cult has gained parity with the rest of the game and can control the lynches.
Dear Elieson,
cherries_o_501177.jpg

Warrant said:
she's my cherry pie
put a smile on your face ten miles wide
looks so good bring a tear to you eye
sweet cherry pie yeah

You are the Cherry. You used to be a rather shy individual, but you've blossomed into an outgoing, bombastic personality. Although for the most part you are sweet as pie, your mood can sour fairly easily, and you are occasionally prone to acting wild and unpredictable. During your free time, you enjoy watching your favorite television program, Tom and Cherry. If you happen to have a nice bowl of popcorn available, that's just the cherry on top.
You are native to most of mainland Europe, western Asia, and some of northern Africa, and were introduced to England by the infamous monarch Henry VIII, who had sampled cherries while abroad in Belgium. You were brought over to the Americas by the Dutch, through New Netherlands, later to become New York.
Due to the richness of color and the straightness of the grain, the wood from cherry trees is often picked for use in manufacturing ornate furniture, most notably desks, tables, and chairs. However, you yourself are not very nutritional, though your taste is certainly popular.

There exists a type of firework known as a Cherry bomb. As such, you are the Bomb. If you die, you will take out one of the people who contributed toward your death. In the event that only one person was responsible, that person will die.

You are allied with the Fantastic Fruits, and you win when all opposing factions have been e-lemonaded.

220px-9414_-_Grande_mostro_di_spaghetti_volanti_al_Presidio_anticlericale%2C_Milano%2C_2_June_2012_-_Foto_di_Giovanni_Dall%27Orto.jpg

35k1gy9.gif
You have been touched by the Noodly Appendage of the Great Flying Spaghetti Monster. He has chosen you to be a part of his flock, and so you have gratefully converted to Pastarianism. You are now a Cultist. You no longer have your former role, and your only purpose now is to serve your Cult Leader, the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Should your glorious leader perish, you will take your own life out of sorrow for the tremendous loss.
You are allied with your Cult Leader and your fellow Cultists, and you win when your cult has gained parity with the rest of the game and can control the lynches.

"W-what's going on here?" asked the Town member, confused by this turnip of events.
"I call bullshit!" shouted the final mafia member, "I've been in worse pickles than this."

The mafia member charged at the cultists, in an attempt to avenge her fallen comrades, but was suddenly struck down by the Noodly Appendage of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
"Be gone," said the righteous rigatoni, smiting the final mafioso.

Dear Doctor Floptopus,
f8f.jpg

Terry Pratchett said:
Divide by cucumber error. Please reinstall universe and reboot.

You are the Cucumber. Always a cool customer, you are certainly adept at getting yourself out of pickles. You come in three main varieties, slicing, pickling, and burpless, depending on how you are to be used after cultivation. Slicing cucumbers are eaten fresh, pickling cucumbers are placed into a brine and are pickled, and burpless cucumbers are sweeter than other types of cucumbers.
You've cropped up quite a bit throughout history, starting as early as being listed as one of the foods eaten in ancient Ur in the legend of Gilgamesh. You are also listed as one of the foods eaten by the Israelites in Egypt.
Pliny the Elder, a Roman naturalist, natural philosopher, and author, wrote about how you were a daily part of Emperor Tiberius's diet. In order to accomplish this feat, the Romans managed to find artificial means of growing and cultivating you during times of the year when you would not naturally grow.
In the Middle Ages, Charlemagne grew you in his gardens in the 8th/9th century, but by the end of the 17th century, a prejudice had emerged about consuming raw fruits and vegetables, citing the consumption of raw fruits and vegetables as the harbinger of diseases. Dubbed "fit only for consumption by cows," you were given the nickname cowcumber, and, indeed, in 2011, an E. coli infection in you and your brethren is reputed to have caused at least ten deaths.
Interestingly enough, in Shingon Buddhism, there is a practice known as the Cucumber blessing, wherein the priest and practitioners gather and pray that they will be able to survive the hot summers in as good of health as fresh cucumber, a practice said to be dated back to Kūkai, the founder of Shingon Buddhism.

You are technically a fruit, but you are eaten like a vegetable. In fact, most people assume that you are a vegetable. However, for the sake of this game, you are the Godfather.
Although you are allied with the Villainous Vegetables, any alignment investigations will show you to be a Fantastic Fruit.

You are allied with the Villainous Vegetables, and you win when all opposing factions have been e-lemonaded.

The last town member was shaking like a leaf, as the great macaroni menace turned away from the smoldering crater to face him.

"Come here, my child," said the heavenly being, "you are a most welcome addition to my flock."

Terrified, the town member turned to flee, but smacked against the Pastafarian. The angelic entrée extended its Noodly Appendages once more, and showed the last town member the true nature of the universe. With his mind uncluttered, the last Town member called it quits and converted to Pastafarianism.
Dear Feenie Pika_Pika42,
olive-you-from-my-head-tomatoes-family-friendly-memes-1435091.png

Oliver Twist said:
Please, sir, I want some more.
Knock knock!
Who's there?
Olive.
Olive who?
Olive my jokes are as bad as this one.

You are the Olive. You are truly a slippery character, and you are part of the triad of Mediterranean Cuisine, along with wheat and grapes.
Fossil evidence suggests that your origins began 20-40 million years ago, with the first edible olives emerging in the early Bronze Age, most notably in Syria, Israel, and Crete.
Cornsidered sacred by many ancient civilizations, olive oil was used to anoint Kings and priests in ancient Israeli culture, and was also used in sacrificial offerings, food and cooking, ointmints, and for lighting. Most notably, the Menorah, located in the Holy Temple in Jerusalem, was lit using pure olive oil, which plays a signi-fig-ant roll in the story of Hanukah. The Greeks also used olive oil for anointing kings and athletes and for personal grooming; olive oil was also used to light the "eternal flame" during the original Olympic Games.
A symbol of peace and abundance, the olive branch is said to have been brought back to Noah by the dove to show that the flood had ended and that the waters were re-seed-ing. Additionally, olive branches were found in the tomb of King Tutankhamun in Egypt.
In Israel, the Mount of Olives is sacred and, it is prophesied that, in the times of the Messiah, the Ressurection of the Dead will originate from there. As such, it is home to a large Jewish cemetery where many prominent Jews, including those who lost their lives fighting in the Israeli Army, are buried. ME has yet to visit his friend's grave there, and has been horribly negligent.
On a lighter note, in popular culture, Popeyes the Sailor's girlfriend is named Olive Oyl.

A favored cooking oil of gourmet chefs is Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Since ME is a good cook, he refuses to keep anything else in the house. As such, you are the Virgin. During the night, if you are killed, you will prevent all night kills the following night. However, if you are ever visited by the Hooker, you will lose your ability and become a Vanilla.

You are allied with the Fantastic Fruits, and you win when all opposing factions have been e-lemonaded.

The following morning, Zexy entered Maniacal Engineer's apartment, using the spare key hidden under the Dalek lawn ornament. He found the insane tinkerer passed out in his kitchen, surrounded by empty beer bottles, and noodles. A pot of still steaming water was sitting on the stove top, and a few greasy utensil were sitting on the counter.
Somewhat disgusted, Zexy prodded the engineer until he woke up, startled.
"Who's there?!" he demanded, brandishing a plastic serving spoon.
"Relax," said Zexy, sighing, "I've come to get you."
"YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!!!!!" shouted the crazed scientist, diving behind the counter.
Zexy sighed again.
"the OLDEN one was looking for you all of last night," he remarked, "you were supposed to be working on a project with him."
"Oh that," said ME, peeking out from behind the counter, "I finished that last night. Just need to type everything up."
"That doesn't sound like everything is finished," chided the Greek mod.
"Not a problem," said the engineer, waving his robotic arm dismissively, "I'll be done in a flash."
ME dashed off to complete his typing, leaving cleaning his kitchen to Zexy, who sighed a third time and began picking up bottles.

THE END!

Enzap said:
...or is it?

OH MAN IT'S FINALLY OVER!

Congratulations to Zexy and Elieson on winning the game (even though Zexy was roleblocked by scum and as such unable to convert for 4 nights straight, even after scum confirmed that he had an unwinnable role from that fakeclaim), and may we all take joy in the grace of his noodliness.

I would also like to thank Maniacal Engineer and Aussie Eevee for running this game and answering all of my hosting questions. The things I've learned here will surely improve the running of Digi-Mafia Adventure for everyone Which is still accepting reservation by the way #shamelessplugs

Post game Question time.

For the players:

Did you enjoy the game?
What did you think of the setup and its balance?
What did you think of Maniacal Engineer's flavor text?
If you would like to change a single thing in this game, what would it be?
Was the hosting fair?
Would you participate in more Bulbagarden Mafia Universe games?
Would you participate in the next egg-citing seed-quel to this game?

For the hosting students:

Was this exercise helpful?
Did you learn what you had hoped to learn?
What other hosting related questions do you have?
Were the hosts effective mentors?
Would you participate in future mentoring events, hosting or otherwise?

Was this exercise helpful?
Very much so. The two of you helped me out and taught me plenty about how to run a game.
Did you learn what you had hoped to learn?
Yes, you taught me about the flavour text I was interested in learning, and plenty of set-up and near-endgame information that I'd have had to blunder through myself otherwise.
What other hosting related questions do you have?
Nothing at the moment.
Were the hosts effective mentors?
See one, two, and five.
Would you participate in future mentoring events, hosting or otherwise?
Absolutely, this was nice and helpful.

Holy Moley, what a game! I got converted basically at the end of the game, so the flipflop in behavior when scum was practically confirmed was a bit nervewracking, but wacky nonetheless. GG but FLOP WHERE ARE YOU
Not to mention that he was trying to convert you since N1. Scum just wouldn't let him do anything.

Congratulations to the winners! Even you, Elieson.

Did you enjoy the game?
As a player, not really. My lynching felt premature, so I was really more of a specked tater for the most part.
I think it was good. Town done goofed, dough.
DEEEEE-licious!
Me getting myself in a pickle for no good raisin. Quite the jam that was. Still makes me quince a little.
Was the hosting fair?
Yes.
Would you participate in moreBulbagarden Mafia Universe games?
Yes.
Would you participate in the nextegg-citing seed-quel to this game?
Most certainly!

Hey ME, coincidentally, I had an idea for a Mafia game where FSM would actually be a role. I had no idea it was in this game all along! Mind if I use it in the (possibly distant) future?

Hey ME, coincidentally, I had an idea for a Mafia game where FSM would actually be a role. I had no idea it was in this game all along! Mind if I use it in the (possibly distant) future?
Not at all. Go for it. I put it here because it's not an FBM game without some sort of crazy flying abomination. XD

Did you enjoy the game?
Yes!
Not sure but it seems OK considering how close it ended up getting. Cult was just as it should be imo, any more and it would be OP, any less and it would be UP.
It was fruity.
Actually managed to convert Pika_pika42 so he could win with us in the end, that was the plan because we thought the game would continue. @Pika_pika42 sorry.
Was the hosting fair?
I did get a winnable role, so yeah :)
Definitely, I'm going to host some too.
Yes, I'd like to get a winnable role again. And indep, as always!

Thanks to Aussie and ME for hosting this awesome game.
Thanks and sorry to the town as well, especially Pika_pika, we couldn't have done it without you. I thought I'd get this night to recruit you before the game would end, sorry.

Playing as Cult was a great feeling. I just felt like a townie for most of the game, had the Friendly Neighbor fakeclaim ready and a worst case scenario fakeclaim in case I was copchecked. The game got to -YLO and I WAS copchecked, I started losing hope because I thought either scum would win before we could turn it around or town would try to lynch me for lying. But I knew this was the only plan that could've worked and sticked with it.

I thought mafia would've known I was a lying Cultist by that point because there was no Broccoli. Making them believe I did actually get an unwinnable role was NOT part of the plan, but it was amusing nonetheless :)

What I found amusing while watching this game is the people trying to find logic in the set up.

Guys, Maniacal Engineer is a troll... I keep having to remind you guys every game :p

Insane cop aside, I thought this game was well balanced, and it was fun to watch. I just wish I was more useful

I did find logic in the setup in the end, though. We even got Insane Cop right before someone would pay the price (although Elementar kinda did)

Congrats Zexy & Elieson. You got me there. GG Town & Mafia. This was a really fun game to be a part of.

Did you enjoy the game?

Yes a lot. Though I died N1, I really enjoyed subbing in this one. Thanks for letting me play twice.

I think it was very well balanced.

It was awesome as always.

Nothing as such. I think I played decently well in this game.

Was the hosting fair?

Absolutely.

Ofcourse.

Definitely. Please sign me in.

Actually managed to convert Pika_pika42 so he could win with us in the end, that was the plan because we thought the game would continue. @Pika_pika42 sorry.

That's really sweet of you Zexy. No need to be sorry. All's fair in Mafia games.

Damn! Damn! Damn! Thought we had it right in the bag. Nice job with the fake claim Broccoli claim Zexy. Totally did not expect an ITP cult that would mess us up. Oh and it turns out that Zexy's unwinnable win was winnable after all!

Good game to all! :p

For the players:

1. Did you enjoy the game?
  2. What did you think of the setup and its balance?
  3. What did you think of Maniacal Engineer's flavor text?
  4. If you would like to change a single thing in this game, what would it be?
  5. Was the hosting fair?
  6. Would you participate in more Bulbagarden Mafia Universe games?
  7. Would you participate in the next egg-citing seed-quel to this game?

OK THE OFFICIAL THING

1. I sure did enjoy the game
  2. Balance for a cult game was surprisingly...balanced. Mafia seemed just a tad weak. I would've given their Godfather a one-shot Info role [1x Full Cop or something], as the hookers offset each other, and mafia info could only learn anything if they targetted the town Hooker/Doc/Cop/1x Vig, as well as suffering consequences if they hit the Bomb/Virgin/Ascetic (a wasted night action basically).
  3. As always, your flavor was as savory as the steak I had for dinner, roasted from the corpses of basically everyone who died during the game aka properly seasoned and grilled to tender perfection
  4. Change one single thing? Either: Buff mafia or make it so cultists don't maintain their roles when culted.
  5. Game was hosted properly and fairly. Timing was punctual and votals were accurate. Can't ask for more from a host.
  6. Yes
  7. Obvs. I have a history with Flying Monsters and Bombs in Fruit Bowl games now, and I'm interested to see if Fruit Bowl 3 finds a new way for me to have a strange ending somehow related to bombs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom