• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Funny, unexpected things in the Pokemon games.

The Veteran Professor

True Gentleman
Reaction score
So are there any funny things you noticed in the games that were not purposely put in it?

One funny thing I noticed in Pokemon Heartgold was that if you throw mud at a wild Machoke in the Safari Zone, it would hit the....the.....UNDERWEAR!!! Well, not exactly the underwear, but the part under its belt between its legs. So, it kind'a looks like it pooped.

So, anything else funny that you people noticed?

Well, whenever I inflict a burn on a Beartic, the little fire burns in the crotch area.

When Skuntank uses Flamethrower in Platinum, it the flame comes from its...butt. ._.
And since it's a Pokemon full of gas...IT'S GONNA EXPLODE! XD

In RSE, when Slaking uses Hyper Beam, it's coming out of its NOSE! Slaking used Sneeze! It's super effective!

I seem to remember that Gardevoir's Gen IV back sprite had a peculiarity when she used Shadow Ball: namely, the ball would come out of the tip of her heart-boob thingy...

When I was battling a trainer in Platinum (i think), her ninetales used flamethrower and it looked like it was coming out of its butt XD.
I thought the pokemon editing team would catch that XD

Another unexpected thing (subjectively).
Grinding with Audino in the Giant Chasm, and suddenly a wild Metagross appears. Same for Route 1 Milotic (or was it Kingdra? I forget).

Don't know if this counts, but when you're in a double battle in Black/White Black 2/ White 2 before the screen goes to the Pokemon battling it looks like your character and the other character you're having a double battle with look like their touching each other's butt. x3.
I don't know if anybody else notices that but I do. xD.

Leavanny in B2W2. String Shot comes out of the crotch area. Tell me that was not intentional.

Getting the Magikarp Award metal in White 2. ._.
I would have never gotten it if I had hadn't been hatching eggs on a route with strong trainers I hadn't battled yet. XD

Bashaamo in RSE throws fire rays from between its legs. In DP, Beadull uses water gun from the back of its neck.

In HGSS, the Trainer sprite is for some reason placed behind the Pokemon, while the Trainer sprite and the Pokemon sprite switch, so the Pokemon always look smaller than he Trainer, even Pokemon such as Lugia.

And Pachirisu is very big in double battles.

In Colloseum, there is a glitch that make some bird Pokemon stand still in the air sometimes when they use the Fly attack.

In Colloseum, there is a glitch that make some bird Pokemon stand still in the air sometimes when they use the Fly attack.
Sometimes?

Yeah, because if I remember right, the Pokemon flies normally at first, but I've seen it stand still as well, probably before it attacks. Not in the same scene as the attack though. Colloseum battles seems to consist of different scenes put together rather than having the camera move; that's why there is sometimes a cut, like when a Pokemon is defeated and then is returned. Probably it is because of the scenes that some Pokemon stand still in the air, because each scene is telling the Pokemon to have a certain animation regardless of where it is.

Scraggy's idle animation in BW/B2W2. Seriously -- it DROPS ITS PANTS. Well, skin. But you get the idea. I cannot believe that sneaked its way in...

There's a point in Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity where your partner Pokemon starts grovelling in front of your main pokemon. If Snivy is your partner, the snout is long enough that it looks very suggestive when paired with a bipedal Pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom