• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Game Idea!

kokiri

Bulbasaur Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's called "Pok&eacutemon Explorer," and it'd be a real fun game. In this game, you can play as any of the characters from any of the RPGs (excluding FR/LG because they were remakes.) It starts out like all the others: get a starter Pokemon, meet your rival, blah blah blah. But then it takes a new twist! You are free to explore the entire world of Pok&eacutemon: Kanto, Hoenn, Orange Islands, Orre, you get the picture. Your goal is to collect all the Gym Badges in the world, and then challenge the Elite Four.

It'd have to be for a home console, seeing as it will require a <font size="+2">HUGE</font> amount of memory space. Even then, it will most likely need multiple disks (like maybe one for every two countries), but it'll be entirely worth it!

Obviously there'll be plenty of Legendaries to catch, so you can get multiple Master Balls throughout the game. Oh, and the Earth-Shattering (or whatever it is you call them) Pok&eacutemon will be available to find in the game!

Sounds fun, right?

Oops. I forgot "no HTML". Please just ignore it.

That would be the absolute best game ever. Ever! However I doubt it will ever happen. Ooooo it would have to be in 3d if they did make it that would be awsome.

1) Please don't double post. Just edit your first post.
2) That idea is hardly original and would probably take too much production time to be profitable at the moment.

I think we'd all just settle for a nice 3D version of Red/Blue/Green for the revolution. Maybe with Johto thrown in for good measure!

If they do they should have more gyms because in the anime gary gets like 10 or more badges by the time he fights Giovanni. It would add more of an adventure since nobodys ever played in those gyms.

Everyone that I know of is of the consensus that anime =/= games. If a game that huge were to exist, there would be no point of having extra gyms in Kanto, because you will have a whole mess of other gyms in other regions you can go to. 24 gyms total. As for the Orange Islands, again, the anime should never mix with the games. A lot of the gyms in Hoenn had puzzles you had to solve to reach the gym leader. If that is not enough challenge for you, then evidently some new game mechanic is needed to challenge you and your pokemon besides having to battle. The only thing that does that currently are Pokemon Contests, and even that relies on movesets. Everything that I could think of would constitute a mini-game-like setup, and mini-games don't sit well with the main series. I could be wrong, though. I haven't heard anyone rave about the games in FR/LG. I have heard some say they liked that Surfing Pikachu game in Yellow, only for a lot of us, it was impossible to unlock that thing.

Anyway, I've seen too many people say that they want a pokemon game like this, and I don't think it's ever going to happen. I could be wrong on that, too. I can't help but think with all of the game collections that exist now, someday, someone will make a collection of all the pokemon games in one disk, with possibly the unlockable ability to trade with yourself between the versions and get every last pokemon in existence. This, I believe, would be the perfect venue in which to make an updated G/S/C, which has also been long requested by the fandom. That way, you could either play the classics and trade between R/B/Y/G/S/C or you could play all three gens between Ru/Sa/E/FR/LG and updated G/S. It would seriously land a blow to the GBA, though, but it is forthcoming. I also think that it would put a dent in Nintendo's profits as well. All of those individual carts made useless by putting them all in one place. I guess it's more of a project for sometime far in the future.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom