• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

I thought honedge comes from hone as in honing one's skills

Last edited:

My least favorite thing about Honedge is that its name vaguely sounds like ownage, a phrase I already find idiotic. I'm certain volumes of people thinking they're clever will start calling it Hownage or some similarly shitty name if the thing turns out to be a decent pokemon.

I'll never understand why all the fanart of Golurk swinging a Honedge has Honedge still in its sheath.
Because the sheath looks better than the actual sword itself and is much more memorable.

I like Honedge. First I thought that they are running out of ideas but now I like it really much. The new XY pokemon are good. I only dislike Skrelp, Fennekin and Spewpa.

I wonder if when you pet Hitotsuki in Pokemon amie, they'll animate little drops of blood falling from the hand cursor. That'd be a really nice touch.

I think that might be to gruesome for the kids.

Whaaaat? Nope. The best ones is Pancham, Froakie and Gogoat.
Well, I guess that's just the matter of taste. Some people like all Pokémon, some prefer only the "good-looking" ones. I'm the first.

I get the feeling Honedge will be a gimmick unfortunately. Think, it has three immunities, and really looks like it will have Levitate (because, it literally does levitate), giving it a fourth. Having the most possible (sans Wonder Guard) immunities seems like the makings for your typical gimmick with crappy stats.

Or maybe it will have decent stats and be awesome, wouldn't that be a nice surprise?

Weak to:
Fire

Normally affected by:
Water, Electric, Dark, Ghost

Resistant to:
Dragon, Flying, Grass, Ice, Psychic, Rock, Steel, and quite possibly Fairy

Double-resistant to:
Bug

Immune to:
Normal, Fighting, Poison, Ground (if Levitate)

and really looks like it will have Levitate (because, it literally does levitate)

Not necessarily. Lots of Pokemon float without actually having Levitate. Just look at the Magnemite line.

and really looks like it will have Levitate (because, it literally does levitate)

Not necessarily. Lots of Pokemon float without actually having Levitate. Just look at the Magnemite line.

True, but seeing as it has the three immunities to begin with, I just feel like they'll go the full gimmick route and throw in Levitate. Ghost/Steel/Levitate has been speculated forever, and I don't see them passing up the opportunity to do that to truly distinguish this pokemon. Hopefully I'm wrong and this thing has decent stats. If it does get good stats and Levitate, you can bet it'll find use in OU (only one weakness, important ground/fighting immunities, and dragon resistance all in one)

I get the feeling Honedge will be a gimmick unfortunately. Think, it has three immunities, and really looks like it will have Levitate (because, it literally does levitate), giving it a fourth.
Sableye/Spiritomb, Drifloon/Drifblim, and Golett/Golurk also have three immunities.

If Honedge is single stage, levitate is a possibility, though I still doubt it. If the thing does end up evolving into a suit of armor or something, because I can't see it just becoming a bigger sword, I think levitate is definitely out of contention.

If it doesn't get Levitate, I think something like Cursed Body would be a good fit for it.

Yup, here's hoping. I think it would be awesome if it isn't just a gimmick! You guys make great points toward it being not so, so maybe.

I think it will be awesome. And while I definitely think levitate is a possibility, I also think it's not a certainty. I feel GF is moving away from tossing Levitate to every ghost pokemon and looking to insert more variety. I mean Yamask/Cofagrigas could easily have been given Levitate, but they got their own signature ability, Mummy. Lampent/Chandelure could have gained levitate like Vibrava/Flygon and Hydreigon, but they kept Flame Body and Flash Fire instead. While nearly every pokemon with Levitate has it as their only ability, the Bronzor/Bronzong line has two potential abilities (One of which is Levitate) and a Hidden Ability. I think that could be the case here. I'm just going to quote what I said earlier, since they are still my feelings on the matter:

I think hitotsuki [Honedge] will probably have something unique, but barring that I think Cursed Body, Levitate, Heat Proof and Technician are contenders for an ability slot. I'm also thinking Justified, if they made the ability also grant immunity to dark-type moves (which is in line with some of the changes GF has made to abilities recently). I would really freaking love that, actually. Like, a lot.

I can see it having a unique ability that makes it's form change, somewhat like Darmanitan's Zen Mode. Basically while the pokemon's HP is over 50%, it's in Sheath Mode, with high defense and low attack, but once it reaches below 50% it turns into Sword Mode and the stat's flip flop, with high attack and low defense. Maybe vice versa. Something like that.

I don't think it going sheathed and unsheathed should quality as two different forms, because it doesn't alter its appearance at all, it just puts its scabbard on.

Pokemon like Cherrim and Darmanitan actually changes their appearances, while Pokemon like Castform and Burmy gains additional features depending on the weather and the area, respectively. Honedge doesn't quality for any of those, so I think it just unsheathes itself to battle (being sheathed when not in battle). I guess it being sheathed could be its animation when it's low at health, like how other Pokemon may start panting/look very tired etc (I hope they do add low health animations, it would certainly give the battle more life).

Whatever they do, I just hope they don't give it Levitate. Would be such a wasted opportunity to give it a unique/better fitting ability.

Lol I like how nobody voted for "I hate them all"

Since Generation 3 , 2 version mascot been 2 opposite force !

Gen III : Ground against sea

Gen IV : Time against Space

Gen V : Truth against Ideal

So , I wonder if Xerneas & Yveltal going to represent 2 opposite force !
May be
Gen VI will be Love vs Fear with Xerneas representing ''Love'''While Yveltal representing ''Fear'' !
After all , Love & Fear are 2 opposite weapon to control people !

Back
Top Bottom