• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

tumblr_inline_mtbecrNdIi1ru5ffx.png

A bit of a better, non-Horde, view of Orotto. I guess Grass is confirmed as one of its types, which isn't really surprising. Really hoping its other type is Ghost.

Also Fennekin knows Wish! I love how it's going to be so different (in terms of theme, but also movepool) to all previous Fire starters.

Wish? Seriously? I'm liking Fennekin more & more.

It'd be pretty cool if Fennekin turned out to be more of a balanced supporter rather than an outright sweeper/attacker, like most of the fire type starters have been.

I'm still very curious about Orotto's size. That short Fennekin vs. Orotto horde battle sequence made them look so terribly small.

Anyway, Fennekin knows Wish? Holy crap, this is good.

Instead of Wish, it could also be Cosmic Power.

We know that Oorotto is weak to Fire-type moves. The only types that are weak to Fire are Grass, Bug, Ice, and Steel. In an earlier trailer, when Helioptile used Parabolic Charge on the 4 Oorotto and Sudowoodo, it appeared that Oorotto resisted the move. The only type above that resists Electric and is weak to Fire is Grass. Oorotto is confirmed to be at least Grass.

If Oorotto has two types, the second type won't resist Fire (won't be Grass/Dragon, Grass/Fire, Grass/Rock, and Grass/Water).

Are there any combinations not including grass that're both weak to fire and resistant to electric? Not that it's likely to not be grass.

Are there any combinations not including grass that're both weak to fire and resistant to electric? Not that it's likely to not be grass.

The only one I can think of is Bug/Electric.

Really, that picture just confirms (for me at least) that Oorotto is Grass/Ghost. It looks like a cartoonish dying tree.

I do see some Dark in it but it just looks more like a Ghost to me; one red eye like Duskull. Plus we don't have Grass/Ghost :p

So unless they somehow make the female appear smaller and shorter in battle when fighting against or with males...I doubt anything will happen with Helioptile's final evolution despite it being the apparent counterpart to Litleo.

What do you mean with that?

So unless they somehow make the female appear smaller and shorter in battle when fighting against or with males...I doubt anything will happen with Helioptile's final evolution despite it being the apparent counterpart to Litleo.

What do you mean with that?

Making the female model's body length and size smaller than the male's in a side by side comparison to mirror the actual animal's dimorphism.

But considering pokemon have set measurements (unless that guy that asks you to catch Magikarp at the Lake of Rage was a mechanic tester)...I don't see that happening.

id love for clauncher to become water/fire its a cool typing. moves like flame charge and crabhammer for a decent physical movepool if its built as such. (dang, fire needs better physical attacks.... )

Is there a rumor that it evolves into water/fire or something? I'm really mystified by this conversation cause clauncher is a only water type, wheres all the fire coming from? @_@

id love for clauncher to become water/fire its a cool typing. moves like flame charge and crabhammer for a decent physical movepool if its built as such. (dang, fire needs better physical attacks.... )

Is there a rumor that it evolves into water/fire or something? I'm really mystified by this conversation cause clauncher is a only water type, wheres all the fire coming from? @_@

Wishful thinking/ fan speculation. It is not confirmed.

On at least one forum I frequent, one Pokemon a few people really wanted to see was a Water/Fire pistol shrimp, based off of its pistol/sonic gun thing mechanic. So naturally when a pistol shrimp showed up people got their hopes up. I hope it is Water/Fire simply for uniqueness factor of it.

Hello everyone. I decided as my first post, i would share my thoughts and stuff.

Have you noticed in the trailer revealed today, a sudowoodo was shown with Oorotto? Could this be hinting a sudowoodo evolution? They even look similar. What do you guys think? :bounce:

Hi there, and welcome!

Personally, I think it's just a joke, or maybe a way to mess with players not paying attention and expecting a clean wipe with a fire move, rather then a hint of Sudowoodo getting an evolution. I'm expecting Orotto to be Grass/Ghost personally, and going from Rock -> Grass/Ghost would be odd. Of course, we still have to wait a month to find out :/

Re: Speculation

Hello everyone. I decided as my first post, i would share my thoughts and stuff.

Have you noticed in the trailer revealed today, a sudowoodo was shown with Oorotto? Could this be hinting a sudowoodo evolution? They even look similar. What do you guys think? :bounce:

It is possible but I hope not. I want Oorotto to be the only one in its evolutionary family. Welcome to the forums btw.

On at least one forum I frequent, one Pokemon a few people really wanted to see was a Water/Fire pistol shrimp, based off of its pistol/sonic gun thing mechanic. So naturally when a pistol shrimp showed up people got their hopes up. I hope it is Water/Fire simply for uniqueness factor of it.

Oh Ok, I was really confused since that whole conversation started with this

I hope so too.
The only downside is that it's advertised with physical moves, like Crabhammer.
I'd be fine with that if there was a better selection of physical fire moves. Otherwise, I want it to be Sp. Atk based.

And I was like "huh? I wonder if they meant water" and then more people started talking like it would gain a fire type and what it's stat distribution would be and that pretty well confused me.

Thank you both for clarifying for me!

Re: Speculation

Hello.

No. Sudowoodo isn't a tree, so it evolving into one wouldn't make much sense. Sudowoodo is a rock mimicking a tree. Sudowoodo... Pseudo wood.

Then again, this is Pokémon, so who knows?

given that sudowoodo only pretends to be a tree, is a great detail that he appears with other tree-like pokemons. it makes the pokemon world in the games seem natural.

The only one I can think of is Bug/Electric.

I forgot about those type combinations. Indeed, you are correct. However, the likelihood of Orotto being Bug, Ice, Steel, or Electric are very low.

I think it is either pure Grass or a dual Grass type with its secondary type not resisting Fire.

The idea of Clauncher becoming Water/Fire is from pistol shrimps (which it's based off of). To kill their prey, they punch their claw so fast it creates a vacuum bubble, which rapidly collapses and generates intense heats (4,700 °C!), as well as light and an extremely loud pop. They can shatter their tanks with it.

Back
Top Bottom