• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

I have a feeling Sylveon will not be a gender based evolution, although it was an interesting speculation. I am hoping either gender can evolve into Sylveon.

It doesn't have to be only gender based. It can be the bonding system + female = Sylveon. Which is also why I speculated that if it does end up being a female evolution, there could be a male counterpart. Kind of like how they introduced Espeon, which evolves with friendship during the day, and a counterpart, Umbreon, that evolves with friendship during the night.

I did give more reasons other than just feminine appearance.

17 types are more than enough. We don't need another type.

Sylveon is either Flying or Ground, imo

Two points here. Firstly, going back to Sylveon, one of the moves it used looks suspiciously like trump card. Trump card can only be learnt by Eevee and none of it's eeveelutions, which has led me to believe that Sylveon may in fact be a normal type. Taking that into account, the idea that Sylveon is a gender based eeveelution seems like a good one to me. Sylveon does look especially feminine, X & Y seem to have a genetics theme going and two of it's moves (possible trump card and almost certainly swift) are normal type. So I think that Sylveon is a normal type gender based evolution of Eevee.

On the subject of Mewwho, I think it's an alternate form of Mewtwo. Firstly, they've already sidelined Genesect as a star in M16 for Mewtwo - would they then sideline the sideliner for a new star? The film is called "Mewtwo Awakens", and "Awakens" suggests a mental realisation of Mewtwo and literal awakening of his powers. This makes sense in both film and games; in the films and anime special we've seen Mewtwo develop from a vicious, bitter character to one who'll protect others at any cost. It's clearly possible that Mewtwo's protective nature could develop further in M16, leading to a form change to reflect this. In the games, Mewtwo's savage nature is constantly referred to, both in game events and Pokédex entries. If X & Y does have a genetics theme (which it seems to) then Mewtwo's evolution would make sense, his form changing to reflect a new nature not defined by his genes. Or just a genetic mutation. Either works, really. That, or it's a Mew Mewtwo fusion...

I'm not sure the Trump Card thing means anything. Any eeveelution can know it, and I think they stuck to Eevee's moves so that they wouldn't give away Sylveon's type. I personally don't think normal type is out of the question, but if it is going to be an existing type, I think it looks more like flying. I still think there's a significant chance of "light" type being introduced, though.

Think, if they were to introduce a Light type, how would they do it? They'd want to show off this new type, and I personally think that's what they are doing with both Sylveon and Xerneas (Xerneas having a second type). If nothing else, everyone remembers the eeveelutions and legendaries.

Then again, I could be way off and it turns out Sylveon is Ground type, and Xerneas is Poison/Dark. I tend to have bad luck guessing these things.

17 types are more than enough. We don't need another type.
We also don't need more new Pokémon or games, yet they keep creating more.

Sylveon is either Flying or Ground, imo
I think both options are very unlikely, but still more likely than a gender-based evolution. Eevee is related to types, not genders.

Sylveon is either Normal or of a completely new type, IMO.

Had the hilarious thought, "What if they named the new Mewtwo "Mewthree"?"

It doesn't have to be only gender based. It can be the bonding system + female = Sylveon. Which is also why I speculated that if it does end up being a female evolution, there could be a male counterpart. Kind of like how they introduced Espeon, which evolves with friendship during the day, and a counterpart, Umbreon, that evolves with friendship during the night.

You mean if the character you choose to play as is a female and you build a strong bond with an Eevee (either gender) then it'll turn into a Sylveon. I must say I really like it then if that's what your referring to. Also that means there would most probably be another Eeveelution for players who choose to play as males.

You mean if the character you choose to play as is a female and you build a strong bond with an Eevee (either gender) then it'll turn into a Sylveon. I must say I really like it then if that's what your referring to. Also that means there would most probably be another Eeveelution for players who choose to play as males.

Actually that wasn't really what I was referring to, but that's not a bad theory either.

Except we only have seen one Eeveeution so far.

Given that Sylveon was revealed early solely because of the Pikachu short in the upcoming movie, which focuses on the entire Eevee line, wouldn't it make more sense that they would also reveal a second Eeveeution alongside Sylveon if Gen 6 really was going to include more than one new addition? It seems pointless then, if Gen 6 does have two Eeveeutions, for the new Pikachu short to only feature one of the new ones. It appears to me that Gen 6 only has one Eeveeution.

if you look closely at their feet you will see that pikachu and sylveon are standing in front of the rest of the eeveelutions.

Wouldn't it be something if Sylveon's type turned out to be plain old normal? Also there has yet to be any evolutions for eevee with the sun or moon stone(i feel as if they should have been paired with Espeon and Umbreon, makes more sense to me!) But normal could be a possibility here

Last edited by a moderator:

Also there has yet to be any evolutions for eevee with the sun or moon stone

Game Freak is all about maintaining a certain continuity when it comes to Pokemon evolution and breeding. They're basically going with the mindset of "Oh, the Moon and Sun Stones had no effect on Eevee in previous generations. If we were to suddenly make Eevee evolve by those means, it would break the continuity." Call it BS if you want, but that's pretty much how GF looks at things in regards to evolution and breeding. Why else then do they add new evolution methods not possible in previous Gens when adding a new evolution, or add incense items for new baby Pokemon? It's because they're keeping a certain continuity.

That said, Sylveon is definitely going to have a new evolution method not possible in previous generations.

You mean if the character you choose to play as is a female and you build a strong bond with an Eevee (either gender) then it'll turn into a Sylveon. I must say I really like it then if that's what you're referring to. Also that means there would most probably be another Eeveelution for players who choose to play as males.

I don't really like that idea, sounds blegh to me. I like Sylveon, but I'll definitely be playing as a boy. Also, it's very unlikely that we'll get another Eeveelution. It would've been shown already, especially with the other Eeveelutions for the movie short. Sylveon's gonna be a lone Evo this time. However, a female only evolution does sound good (Eevee being female, not the PC)

You mean if the character you choose to play as is a female and you build a strong bond with an Eevee (either gender) then it'll turn into a Sylveon. I must say I really like it then if that's what you're referring to. Also that means there would most probably be another Eeveelution for players who choose to play as males.

I don't really like that idea, sounds blegh to me. I like Sylveon, but I'll definitely be playing as a boy. Also, it's very unlikely that we'll get another Eeveelution. It would've been shown already, especially with the other Eeveelutions for the movie short. Sylveon's gonna be a lone Evo this time. However, a female only evolution does sound good (Eevee being female, not the PC)
Yeah,Sylveon will be alone,I dont see another chance for another Eeveelution while we know little of this Sylveon.

It comes down to the fact that no one will have any idea what will happen for a while. You'll have ideas, but the efficiency of over-analyzing a typeless Pokemon is not very high.

that being said, i'm going to over-analyze this typeless pokemon for you.

Let's remember that no Eeveelution has been released thus far without a counterpart, and let's also bear in mind that this is the first time GF has given us such ambiguous pieces of information. We were just released a new Mewtwo forme and have no idea what differentiation it will have compared to base Mewtwo.

Sylveon is an Eeveelution, and like all Eeveelutions it's going to have some unique way to evolve. Unless GF got lazy and decided that Sylveon was Eevee's base evolution via level-up, then we're going to have a new method on our hands, and I'll be willing to wager that it'll apply to more evolutionary lines than Eevee; we'll be given quite a few new Pokemon that evolve the same way Sylveon will.

Remember that all of the Eeveelutions look distinctly like the type they represent. Try to think of one that hasn't so far, I dare you. You'll be unsuccessful, but that isn't the case with Sylveon. I feel like if it were to be a "light" type then it would be much more obvious, with things like lights on it and an illumination factor, which has led me further and further to believe that it's a normal type, but even then I can't wrap my mind around it.

Remember that all of the Eeveelutions look distinctly like the type they represent. Try to think of one that hasn't so far, I dare you. You'll be unsuccessful, but that isn't the case with Sylveon. I feel like if it were to be a "light" type then it would be much more obvious, with things like lights on it and an illumination factor, which has led me further and further to believe that it's a normal type, but even then I can't wrap my mind around it.

Because until now eeveelutions were made for types associated with a specific colour, but there are some types (like flying, bug, dragon and ghost) that don't have a specific colour.

Let's remember that no Eeveelution has been released thus far without a counterpart, and let's also bear in mind that this is the first time GF has given us such ambiguous pieces of information. We were just released a new Mewtwo forme and have no idea what differentiation it will have compared to base Mewtwo.

Sylveon is an Eeveelution, and like all Eeveelutions it's going to have some unique way to evolve. Unless GF got lazy and decided that Sylveon was Eevee's base evolution via level-up, then we're going to have a new method on our hands, and I'll be willing to wager that it'll apply to more evolutionary lines than Eevee; we'll be given quite a few new Pokemon that evolve the same way Sylveon will.

Why do Sylveon need a counterpart, GF can take a different route. Eevee has 8 evolutions thus far along with eevee that number becomes 9, GF is a japaneese company right? So 9 is a special number is eastern culture. In addition if Sylveon is type normal the 9th eevee form would make it extra special since eevee (normal) gets a normal evolution. The release date can even further tie in with the common idea of how it would evolve (via love - kids version friendship). Friendship with hmm xD eevee or its evolutions.

In addition if Sylveon is type normal the 9th eevee form would make it extra special since eevee (normal) gets a normal evolution. The release date can even further tie in with the common idea of how it would evolve (via love - kids version friendship). Friendship with hmm xD eevee or its evolutions.
I agree that if Eevee ever receives a Normal-type evolution then that will be probably get regarded as its "natural" evolution simply because it has the same typing. As it stands now, Espeon/Umbreon are the closest thing we have to that because they doesn't rely on any external triggers (i.e. evolution stones, ice/moss rocks) -- once their friendship level reaches that threshold your Eevee is evolving one way or the other.

I suddenly got an idea that this new forme of Mewtwo is kind of not enough and unfair to all other legendaries, just in some perspective; please don't judge me. So I think there might appear more new formes of the other genereration legendaries, upcoming in future.

Last edited:

I suddenly got an idea that this new forme of Mewtwo is kind of not enough and unfair to all other legendaries, just in some perspective; please don't judge me. So I think there might more new formes of the other genereration legendaries, upcoming in future.

Please no.

We have enough formes as it is, and none of the other legendaries actually need them. Mewtwo is just being a special case here, likely because of XY's apparent theme with genetics. Just please no more. I'd rather them actually focus on creating more new species rather than formes for pre-existing Pokemon.

Back
Top Bottom