• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

@SimH5; pretty sure that Fletchling does evolve twice. The image given to use seems to indicate that.

What image? If you're talking about this image ( https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7459040256/hD0E840B1/ ) then the other bird pokemon that seemed like an evolution when we had a blurry version of this picture is not. It was just another Fletchling.
They might be talking about this?
http://www.serebii.net/xy/xypoke.jpg

Yeah, I saw that pic right after making the post. I deleted my post after realizing he was talking about that pic. Sorry for any confusion caused.

No worries! :)
@Rainy Day; yep that was the picture I was talking about.

Gogoat's description seems to imply a connection to the new "bonding" mechanism.

Gogoat is so large that people are able to ride on its back. It's very calm, and can form a strong bond with its Trainer's feelings when its Trainer grabs onto its horns.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Maybe varying speeds depending on the "bond"? It was really slow in the trailer...

In one of the pics, there's something that looks like two pokémon in the background. My bet is they are baby Gogoats.
View attachment 87079

Almost certainly what it is

The coverage of green(most likely leaves) is very much like that of Gogoat's own. The pallette ,even the tiny curved in red hooves while it's laying down is similar.

I'd be surprised if it WASN'T the pre-evo for Gogoat

My own Artistic interpretation of the pokemon : Here
LOVE this drawing!

Gogoat's description seems to imply a connection to the new "bonding" mechanism.

Gogoat is so large that people are able to ride on its back. It's very calm, and can form a strong bond with its Trainer's feelings when its Trainer grabs onto its horns.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Maybe varying speeds depending on the "bond"? It was really slow in the trailer...
Ya I'd be willing to bet on that

Here's another version of it (from 4chan)
1368653650974.jpg
Really hoping it is a pre-evo though and not just decoration or something. It looks like it'd be adorable.

Honestly, I'm not seeing it. It looks kind of like a baby Gogoat if you squint your eyes and believe, yes, but it looks more like some sort of blob. Also, it wouldn't really make sense for Gamefreak to stick an unrevealed Pokemon into a random screenshot like that.

Honestly, I'm not seeing it. It looks kind of like a baby Gogoat if you squint your eyes and believe, yes, but it looks more like some sort of blob. Also, it wouldn't really make sense for Gamefreak to stick an unrevealed Pokemon into a random screenshot like that.

To me its some flowers (white [petal] over green [stem]) on a plant stand (brown base).

To me its some flowers (white [petal] over green [stem]) on a plant stand (brown base).

So I'm not the only one who thinks it just looks like some decorative plants, then? Awesome.

Predictions:

Fletchling: Evolves once, a la Swellow, keeps the same types, no idea about its design
This guy makes a good case for it evolving twice. Practically proof right there.

1. Marriland made a great catch! That practically confirms a 3 stage evolution line for Fletchling :)
2. Zigzagoon in Kalos confirmed! Awesome :D
It also confirms the game will use pixel art menu sprites (love 'em or hate 'em).

If they are just plants, they must be pots based on a Gogoat or something.

Regarding the possible pre-evo of Gogoat, the screenshot just really isn't that good of quality for me to deem anything from it. It could be a Pokemon, or it could be just some flowers as already mentioned. It's too small to tell.

I'm more interested to see that Zigzagoon is in this. Maybe I can give Linoone a try for the hell of it.

I just see some dark clouds and leaves moving. Some background effects, there is no silouhette in there. I think you are seeing a bit too much into things.

There is a swirling shadowy vortex. I don't think we're seeing a bit much into it, since it seems a bit out of place.

it looks like nothing just ingnore it

It doesn't look like nothing, it just seems to odd to be placed there for no reason, since it apparently has nothing to do with the games.

That's nice, but it's fake. Like I said, nothing came up on google so it's not from /vp/

Its not fake.

Honestly, I think the blob is just an effect and nothing else. On the right side we have this smoke-like thing spinning around, while on the left side we have leaves blowing.

Yeah, but the leaves make sense, so why not just have the clouds moving? What has a swirling shadowy figure got to do with a sky?

I was able to get rid of the other stuff except for the background, this is what I got.
cAqOS0Y.jpg

I think it looks like an effect. But it can have something to do about the game. The light thing in the middle maybe can be a portal or something like that and it is from that Yveltal/Xerneas/bad guys come?
And then the light is black and white...

That's not the affect.

Predictions:
Gogoat: No pre-evos

You're kidding right? It looks pretty much like a pre evolution of Gogoat in that one picture.

And how can it be a baby Gogoat when it doesn't have the markings on it's face and other aspects that Gogoat has, like the long horns.

How do you know, they might not know either and it was a mistake, or maybe they did it to get us speculating which I think is likely. If Gamefreak wants to do that, they will. It's not like you know what they're thinking.

So I'm not the only one who thinks it just looks like some decorative plants, then? Awesome.

Not really.

http://oi42.tinypic.com/4heb10.jpg

Look, the one on the left looks like it has ears.

Regarding the possible pre-evo of Gogoat, the screenshot just really isn't that good of quality for me to deem anything from it. It could be a Pokemon, or it could be just some flowers as already mentioned. It's too small to tell.

Well what about from this image.

4heb10.jpg

Well I do think Gogoat will be the only one in its family. It could be flowers in shape of a Gogoat.

Im in favor of the four new released Pokemon; im not in love with the designs or anything, but im pleasantly content with all of them. Fletchling looks a little too... generic? I think it's great that it can learn Flame Charge, though. Like some of you, I hope it evolves into a flying/fire type at some point, though im thinking Flame Charge is just thrown in its move-set pool. Im fine with either, though I heavily hope for the former.

I want to ride GoGoat! Im interested to see his move pool as well. Liked him, too.

Pancham looks like a Scraggy 2.0. Im okay with that. We haven't had a panda yet and this one looks devious/cute enough to potentially be interesting. I like it.

Helioptile kind of confused me. There seems to be somewhat of an emphasis that its a lizard, when to me, it looks more like a puppy. Im thinking it's evo(s) will be more lizard like. Possibly inheriting a secondary dragon-type instead of normal. I liked it as well though.

Im really pumped for X/Y. They haven't really done wrong with me so far. (besides maybe Mewthree but I have anime related reasons for not liking it, so meh.) Can't wait!

Do we still think the starters will balance each other out with Froakie being part fighting, Fennekin being part psychic, and Chespin being part dark? I know that was heavily speculated for a while, but I haven't heard too much about it since then. I hope with the next load of info we get that's confirmed to be true. :)

I have little doubt those are pre-evos of Gogoat. If they are decorative plants they only confirm a pre-evo anyway since they look too different from a Gogoat. But just look at them, they have eyes and feet and everything.

Regarding all that was announced in general, I am speechless. How in Arceus' name is generation 7 going to top this?
You get to ride a pokemon? Omg. 2 minutes later I'm already asking for more; will they expand upon this and allow you to ride many other pokemon?
Movement seems to be 8 way grid now. Awesome.
You can sit on a bench?! Dealbreaker.

Suddenly I don't mind playing as Hilbert wearing sunglasses anymore.

Last edited:

People actually think they're flowers or plants? Since when did flowers and plants have a bunch of brown and white crap on them with eyes, legs, and horns? Plus they just happen to have an extremely similar color scheme as Gogoat? Yeah right. Thinking they're stuffed dolls of Gogoat for decoration or something is reasonable but they're definitely not plants.

I don't think they are plants either. They are obviously some pokemon or maybe some kind of poke'doll or figure.

A 'leaker' claims it's a female version of Gogoat that is smaller and has smaller horns.

So... who else wants to name their Gogoat "Goaterbike"? Cos I kinda do.

Back
Top Bottom