• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General Chat Thread

Might as well post in here.

I've been playing a lot of UU on Showdown recently, in a team that uses Spikes and Stealth Rock to rack up damage. The team is:

-Roserade
-Sableye
-Swampert
-Snorlax
-Sharpedo
-???

The ??? is there because I can't make up my mind on what I want that member to be. I think I want it to be something scarfed. I've used Heracross, Houndoom, and Porygon-Z with a scarf and I feel like there's something better I could be using. Any suggestions? I feel like Fighting and Fire are two options that would really help this team, but I dunno about Darmanitan.

(I could go into more detail about the team, but not right now)

Also, Shuckle is really fun to use in NU. It's difficult, but I've caused some damage with it late game. I'm in the process of making a new NU team, with the only for sure members being Shuckle, Rampardos, and Drifblim.

I don't know what sets you a running but I'm going to recommend this Mew set that is excellent at waring down Sharpedo's counters for an easy late game clean. This set perfprms very consistently.

Mew @ Lum Berry
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt
@Neosquid;

Also, Shuckle is really fun to use in NU. It's difficult, but I've caused some damage with it late game. I'm in the process of making a new NU team, with the only for sure members being Shuckle, Rampardos, and Drifblim.

What Shuckle set do you use?

@Takaki; I dunno, that set looks walled to death by Sableye and some other Pokemon. Mew has potential though, with those stats and movepool.....especially the movepool.

@Lord Clowncrete;

~Contrary
~Leftovers
-Shell Smash
-Power Split
-Toxic
-Rest

It's very situational, but it can work well late game against certain Pokemon. I haven't played much with the team, but this Shuckle caused three people to almost ragequit.

Also, Drifblim is such a boss in NU.

~Unburden
~Chest Berry
-Rest
-Calm Mind
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt

People usually don't see what's coming, so they screw around with Toxic and similar moves. "Oh, I just statused your Drifblim, it's useless now." NOPE. I just Rest it off, which activates Chesto Berry and Unburden, causing its speed to double. This Drifblim also has a lot of Defense EV's so it can take some hits while setting up.

Rampardos is also fun.

~Mold Breaker
~Choice Scarf
-Head Smash
-Earthquake
-Outrage
-Superpower

This set can destroy everything. Outrage is actually pretty good due to the few Steel-types in NU, and can be useful for cleaning late game. Head Smash can terminate even bulky Pokemon.

@Neosquid; Garchomp, the best thing in the OU tier until being banned, used to get completely walled by Bronzong. The main catch of the Mew set in supporting Sharpedo is that it dents Sharpedo's counters heavily whilst providing an element of unpredictablness on the turn it switches in as well as a bulky pivot. Sableye puts an end to almost any physical attack without Lum Berry...that is its niche...

Augh! They banned Snow Cloak!

Now Venusaur is going to rape my team!

Isn't TF Mamo illegal with Stealth Rock?

Last I checked Mamoswine only got SR as a gen 4 tutor move, and that's illegal in the DW.

I think it is actually really sad that the BW stealth rock move tutor had far less of a benefit than expected.

I think it is actually really sad that the BW stealth rock move tutor had far less of a benefit than expected.

I was pumped on a dual hazards ferrothorn, way back then. But it is impossible to setup multiple hazards with a mon this slow.

In the rain it usually gets good opportunities to set up hazards provided you can get a good balance on it so that you have good switch ins to potential free its from your opponent and you also have the correct balance between offensive attacks (gyro ball and power whip) and Thunder Wave/Leech Seed/Protect.

In ubers especially, I would place Ferrothorn as possibly the third best Pokemon in the entire metagame (behind Kyogre and Arceus) and also among the only five things in the game that can actually win an entire match on their own (the others being Arceus, Rayquaza, Phazer Lugia and dual status Darkrai).

Speaking of Darkrai, has anybody here ran him for support him ubers?

Sorry for the absence as of late guys. Real life's been kicking my ass.

I'll make a discussion thread as soon as I come up with one or a good one gets suggested to me.

@Synthesis;

Underated/unexpected movesets could be an interesting one to get discussion going on whether people's stuff is viable or not.

Can anyone tell me if this a good team for Pokemon white right now and give me suggestions that could improve it
All are lvl 65
1: lucario
Phsyhic
Aura sphere
Earthquake
Flash cannon

2:metagross
Hammer arm
Rock slide
Psychic
Bullet punch

3: charizard
Slash
Dragon claw
Fly
Flamethrower

4: blastoise
Hydro pump
Skull bash
Ice beam
Hydro cannon

5: salamence
Dragon claw
Crunch
Earthquake
Fly

6: pikachu
Thunder
Thunderbolt
Iron tail
Quick attack

Hey guys, it's been a while. Real life caught up but I should be back in the competitive scene again. Might try using some new tiers, or just return to UU again, but for now I'm really enjoying random battles on Showdown. Surprisingly balanced and sweeping with a Barboach is pretty satisfying.

Hey there everyone! I'm thinking about getting into competitive battling for the first time in any game. Don't think I will be too good though! XD

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom