• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General XenForo Issues/Glitches/Ideas Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was also getting unspecified error every time I tried to post a blog comment, which resulted in said comment getting posted multiple times. Sorry about the unintentional spamming.
Is there any way to delete those comments?

A couple of things:
  • I can't seem to upload my images onto my signature editing/writing field by dragging the image directly onto the writing field.
  • Is there a reason that uploading images (via clicking the image button on top of the writing field) is restricted to internet URLs?

• That's not a link to upload an attachment. That's a link to insert IMG tags. You want the "upload a file" link at the bottom of the post box.

That applies to the Signature page as well? I had trouble myself last night trying to figure out a way to upload a sig.

I got the following image, and other than the URL button at the top I could not find anything.

49c489646f76af38ebb9b05ec88265dd.jpg

No, it was like that in vB - at least in certain places. I know this because I did it before. It may have changed somewhere along the line, but I distinctly remember doing so at least once before. It even lowered my postcount appropriately! Blog comments are another thing you can't delete yourself, as I found out today.
Why can't we delete blog comments that we made anymore?
I don't recall us ever allowing it, though it's possible that it was possible in one or two forums where permissions hadn't been setup correctly (most likely older forums that hadn't had their permissions touched in years, through multiple forum updates).
Part of the reason for not allowing it is because of people who essentially tried to hide the evidence after they were reported for something they'd posted. Now that's probably not a huge issue with regular posts under the current XenForo setup, but it may be with comments posted on that blog addon.

I'll look into it. We may be able to set something up there in future. There's still a lot of backend tinkering we need to do here on the forums, and a lot of that will be happening once I actually go on my Christmas break from work.

I know right? I ended up getting an "Unspecified Error" every time I tried to post, and then I refreshed the page and I learned that I posted the same post FOUR TIMES and I couldn't delete them, making me feel bad for spamming unintentionally due to a forum glitch.
I was also getting unspecified error every time I tried to post a blog comment, which resulted in said comment getting posted multiple times. Sorry about the unintentional spamming.
Is there any way to delete those comments?
Okay, that's clearly a glitch. With any luck, it should be fixed with the next update to the blog addon. Two updates came out for that in the last 2 weeks, so they're working on it.

That applies to the Signature page as well? I had trouble myself last night trying to figure out a way to upload a sig.[/Spoiler]
There is not currently any way for people to upload signatures.

That applies to the Signature page as well? I had trouble myself last night trying to figure out a way to upload a sig.

I got the following image, and other than the URL button at the top I could not find anything.

49c489646f76af38ebb9b05ec88265dd.jpg
Try uploading the image to a site like imgur, right clicking the image to select "copy image URL", then pasting that within [img][/img] tags in your signature.

I can't seem to find where to change the themes. Are they really gone or do I just not know how to find it?

When I was posting a brief comment for a blog, it said that there was an unspecific error and I at first didn't see my comment. I presumed it wasn't sent at all but to be on the safe side, I decided to expand upon my brief comment to give a deeper look and analysis of what I think about his points. That too got an unspecific error sign. Then I refreshed and realized that both of my comments have made it on, but only the recent one was allowed to be edited. The brief comment on the other hand did not have that option nor did it give me the ability to delete it. This does not sit well with me as my previous experience with accidental double posting in other forum sites gave me the option to either delete or edit one of the posts. It needs to be addressed, at least the unspecific error part.

I noticed that it's not possible to view signatures when logged out. It's just a blank space, regardless when viewed on desktop or on mobile. Will signatures be able to be viewed when one is not logged on in the future?

Is there still a way to change your user title? The name that appears under your username, in my case: Spooky lass? I can't find it anywhere...
Just go up to the top and click your name. No need for any 'profile page' button, only your name (for me MMMMMMMMMMMMM, for you Soki). Then type in the Custom Title field.

I noticed that it's not possible to view signatures when logged out. It's just a blank space, regardless when viewed on desktop or on mobile. Will signatures be able to be viewed when one is not logged on in the future?
Not on mobile. We'll consider it on desktop, but no guarentees. It's partly a bandwidth throttling measure (since the user/lurker ratio on any large forum tends to favour lurkers).

I'm loving the Christmas Theme, but have one little issue with it:

christmas%20theme%20problem.png

It's now very hard to see the notification bubble. Is there anything that can be done about that?

@MMMMMMMMMMMMM : Thanks, but when I asked about it there wasn't a "Custom Title field" yet, that problem has been solved some pages ago ;)

Reactions: Zeb
I'm loving the new bulbagarden skin. It looks great.
I'm loving the Christmas Theme, but have one little issue with it:

christmas%20theme%20problem.png

It's now very hard to see the notification bubble. Is there anything that can be done about that?

@MMMMMMMMMMMMM : Thanks, but when I asked about it there wasn't a "Custom Title field" yet, that problem has been solved some pages ago ;)
Yeah it's hard to see the notifications through the snow that's above it.

• This functionality is not available.
  • That's not a link to upload an attachment. That's a link to insert IMG tags. You want the "upload a file" link at the bottom of the post box.
  • No. This is not something available in the base XenForo package, and the only way we could bring this back would be through paid addons that we don't really see the need for.

Thank you. I've sorted out the uploading pictures through an upload site.

I've another issue: For some reason, when I post a comment onto a blog, the message says "Unspecified Error", and my writing not disappearing from the Comment entry form. (Replies in the main forum are processed as normal. When I press "Post Reply", the message disappears from the bottom writing box and appears as a reply.) I initially thought that my comment entry was rejected and pressed "Post Reply" again, only to find out that I double-posted. Did anyone else had this issue.

I know this may not be an issue for most people and I think it's more of a nuisance.

On the right hand side, there's a Twitch stream that autoplays which turns on the sound automatically. It's not a bug per se as it is annoying every time I load the page to hear the stream going on. I know it's for charity but geez...

We're looking into ways to adjust that stream. We don't recall it doing that last time, and we used the exact same code for it then, so I'm not sure why it's doing that this time.

EDIT: Had to change where I was adding the parameter to the player. All fixed now!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom