• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General XenForo Issues/Glitches/Ideas Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using the [mention] username [/mention] tag? I've just tried that in The Fiction Fairground and it hasn't worked, possible issue there
Oops, i meant all you need to do is put the @ symbole along with the user you want to mention next to it.

Can you set a gif as your avatar/profile picture? I'm asking because I've seen gifs work as profile pictures, at least, but others have tried using a gif only to have no success whatsoever.

Can you set a gif as your avatar/profile picture? I'm asking because I've seen gifs work as profile pictures, at least, but others have tried using a gif only to have no success whatsoever.

As long as the file is under 200x200 pixels, it should work and animate properly on the profile. If it is 200x200 or larger, the software re-sizes the image, and animation is lost entirely.

If the file is 96x96 pixels or lower, it should retain animation on posts as well.

Excuse me, but within the Visitor Message (where now it is the Profile Post in the forum user's profile), it is limited to only 420 characters.

It is too short to post long chats with my friends (where now it is the Followers and Followees). I hope it may increase at least up to 2000 characters like previously using vBulletin.

Edit: Oh, and I would like to ask also, regarding on the signature image, is there a size limit, or maybe specific image host website it doesn't accept? Because I have problem in showing my signature image, but it doesn't give me any problem in Serebii which uses vBulletin. BTW, my signature image is now hosted in Postimage.org.

The "Stay logged in" feature is no longer working. I have to log in manually even when I click a link to another site and immediately go back here. Why?

Can we have gender icons added back to the sidebar? While I know most people's genders in the areas I use, I try not to misgender people when referring to them because it can upset/offend some people and it's hard when there's no obvious way to find out.

Excuse me, but within the Visitor Message (where now it is the Profile Post in the forum user's profile), it is limited to only 420 characters.

It is too short to post long chats with my friends (where now it is the Followers and Followees). I hope it may increase at least up to 2000 characters like previously using vBulletin.
This wasn't possible until recently. A XenForo addon which would make it possible was released shortly before Christmas. Once we've finished testing it, it'll be up.

Edit: Oh, and I would like to ask also, regarding on the signature image, is there a size limit, or maybe specific image host website it doesn't accept? Because I have problem in showing my signature image, but it doesn't give me any problem in Serebii which uses vBulletin. BTW, my signature image is now hosted in Postimage.org.
I'm not aware of any issues with specific image hosts. Try posting a few image of various sizes from that image host embedded in a regular post, to help us check.
There shouldn't be any settings interfering with size, but just to be sure, what size of image are you trying to use? Could you link me to it?

The "Stay logged in" feature is no longer working. I have to log in manually even when I click a link to another site and immediately go back here. Why?
When other users aren't reporting the same issue, it's pretty safe to assume this is at the user end. You've got a malformed cookie. Delete the cookies for Bulbagarden.net in your browser, close all tabs with Bulbagarden in it, then close the browser window altogether. Reopen the browser and login again. Problem should now be fixed.

Can we have gender icons added back to the sidebar? While I know most people's genders in the areas I use, I try not to misgender people when referring to them because it can upset/offend some people and it's hard when there's no obvious way to find out.
They'll be back sometime in January, as we work on fixing up the skins.

I'm not aware of any issues with specific image hosts. Try posting a few image of various sizes from that image host embedded in a regular post, to help us check.
There shouldn't be any settings interfering with size, but just to be sure, what size of image are you trying to use? Could you link me to it?

It is strange that when I embedded my signature image within the editing box, it appears finely, but when it goes to the Preview and actual signature that appears every time under my post, or for the normal posting of thread as well, it doesn't show anything anymore.
As you can see in the below, it also give me problem by directly embedding in the post as well. Yet very strangely, the image seems to appears finely within the editing box, but just not in Preview and/or the actual result after I clicked Reply to Thread or Save Changes.

Crossworld_Banner.jpg

For this one, it is 600 x 160 jpg format, the direct link is here.

This is another image within the same album of the same image host:
Crystal_Avatar_320x320.jpg

This one is 320 x 320 jpg format, the direct link is here.

I tried several times already to delete and reupload the image within the host as well, but it didn't help.
I also tried to embedded several different images stored in my album of the same host, but it didn't work. However images appears finely for most of the random pictures I found in Google Image, regardless of size and format.

So I do think it is this specific image host XenForo is having problem.

The banner for the OR/AS skin is coming up as a broken image. I know it was a test skin so I don't know if you guys are planning on keeping it as an option.

@クリスタル The URLs you're using don't seem to be valid. The URLs that Postimage gives me are:
Crossworld_Banner.jpg
and
Crystal_Avatar_320x320.jpg
Huh!?? how comes your URLs is different from mine? How did you managed to get the alternative URLs with the resized image?

Edited: Somehow I managed to fixed my signature. But still I wanted to know what was the problem.

Last edited:
You can't post links in VMs. I understand it's probably to stop spambots but I wanted to link someone a Youtube video and it denied it. I'm not sure if there's a way around it, but it's pretty irritating regardless so I figure I'd mention it to see if it can be altered in some way. Tbh I don't really recall seeing any spambots around since we swapped over to XenForo now that I think about it.

Not sure if it's been brought up haven't read the whole thread so yeah.

Also yeah the 420 limit on VMs was annoying too, glad that can be changed. (420 blaze it isn't a coincidence right?)

Huh!?? how comes your URLs is different from mine? How did you managed to get the alternative URLs with the resized image?

Edited: Somehow I managed to fixed my signature. But still I wanted to know what was the problem.

All I did was click the links you supplied, which sent me to Postimage and it loaded the images from the correct URLs. From there, just clicked "show codes" and then used the URL listed as "Direct Link" inside IMG BBCode. I'm not sure how you got the URLs you had, since they seem to be proper URLs that have just been made invalid somehow.

All I did was click the links you supplied, which sent me to Postimage and it loaded the images from the correct URLs. From there, just clicked "show codes" and then used the URL listed as "Direct Link" inside IMG BBCode. I'm not sure how you got the URLs you had, since they seem to be proper URLs that have just been made invalid somehow.

I don't get this...... I followed your steps but it was never the same case for me.
But never mind. This is the problem of Postimage rather than XenForo, so rather not extend this further in this thread.

I have one user on my ignore list, and within the last ten minutes or so, the forum has started to show everything about that user, but still hiding their post...

I don't want to see that users avatar or sig, as they are part of the reason why I blocked him...
Are you sure it was within 10 minutes of you making that post? I haven't made any changes to the forums within that time period, so I'm not sure what would be causing it.

On the old forum, we were allowed to have profile pictures as well as avatars. The profile pictures were only visible in the blogs section and when you clicked on user profiles. Will profile pictures not be coming back?

Also, sorry to be really buggy about this, but is there any update on changing the 1-minute limit between posts to 30 seconds, or to remove the restriction entirely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom