• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prediction time!! Here's what I say will likely happen in the coming year. Stay with me now haha

March: PMD will be revealed later this month as Spiky Chunsoft is said to be announcing 4 (I think?) title they're working on. So it's prime time for that and it'll release later this year

April: Zeraora will be revealed finally

May: We'll get the new Eeveelution in preparation for the movie in July

June: We'll get the first full trailer for the new game at or around e3. They may choose to do a Pokemon specific direct the week prior to e3 to avoid the clutter like they did last year

Then It'll either be a February or March release. February maybe if the reboot rumor is true and March as it could fill the spot for the 2 year anniversary of the Switch.

Prediction time!! Here's what I say will likely happen in the coming year. Stay with me now haha

March: PMD will be revealed later this month as Spiky Chunsoft is said to be announcing 4 (I think?) title they're working on. So it's prime time for that and it'll release later this year

June: We'll get the first full trailer for the new game at or around e3. They may choose to do a Pokemon specific direct the week prior to e3 to avoid the clutter like they did last year

Then It'll either be a February or March release. February maybe if the reboot rumor is true and March as it could fill the spot for the 2 year anniversary of the Switch.

Sounds like a solid guess and if I were a betting man, I’d put money on that as well

If they still believe that they can release this year, I have to wonder what the pressure was all about then, because Smash is strong enough without us.

If they still believe that they can release this year, I have to wonder what the pressure was all about then, because Smash is strong enough without us.

I still think it’s too soon for Gen 8 and 2019 seems like a nice 3 year gap between gens...

Trust me, as I told you before GF will allow the SM crew to write 105+ episodes.

They could always go the Orange Islands route and just make up a region/event to fill in the time...

In fact, I think that's quite likely. There's this pattern that Ash has a post-League arc every other season (Gen I: Orange Islands, Gen III: BF, Gen V: Decolore Islands).

I just don’t really see the appeal of a 2018 release.

I mean, if they wait until 2019, then Game Freak may actually be able to scrape together an SM-tier game!

... now, I realize that saying that is tantamount to praising the culinary skill involved in preparing bread and water, but at least they gave it to us on a pretty plate!

And at worst you can always just wait to get the full sandwich in 2020 when they release Pokémon Us or Them

I hear those will even feature plural changes...

Last edited:
What gap though, the window is still late this year or a few months after like march.

Yeah March 2019 would make it a 3 year gap but still 1) puts sales in Q1 of 2019 and 2) could hype presales for the Holiday season buying for Johnny-Come-Latelys with the Switch (like me). I can see parents holding on and getting a Switch for their kids for Christmas knowing a Pokémon game is coming in the Spting

After the Smash Bros announcement, I feel 2019 is when Generation 8 will be released. In a way this direct put me at ease you know? with the news of Smash Bros coming this year they wont need Pokemon to sell switches so to me it basically confirms 2019 will be when it will be released. I can now rest not having to go to 4chan every day or anxiously wait for a Pokemon direct now and just look forward to E3 and even then it might not be announced.

I've never argued that have enough content to make spring 2019. I don't think they have enough to make late 2019 and considering they skimmed through a very large amount of the general plot already I doubt they'd suddenly make a complete filler arc right at the end. I've said for a while that early 2019 is the best bet if 2018 wasn't in the cards.

What still needs to be accounted for is Yoshi, FE, Bayonetta, and a possible AC game ( though that's speculation). At the moment Nintendo seems to be covered through August but September- December is a mystery.

I'm really REALLY surprised they teased Smash before showing of FE. That was actually a surprise to me. I think Smash will be the big holiday game. They don't need Pokemon if it's coming this year. Thus why an early 2019 release would be great as it'd keep the hype up as well as the sales.

In fact, I think that's quite likely. There's this pattern that Ash has a post-League arc every other season (Gen I: Orange Islands, Gen III: BF, Gen V: Decolore Islands).

I haven’t kept up with the anime (I’m right before the Misty/Brock return) but I If they haven’t done Exeggutor Island/PokePelago arc I can see a whole exploration of the wilds of Alola. Or something random. What the hell do I know?

I haven’t kept up with the anime (I’m right before the Misty/Brock return) but I If they haven’t done Exeggutor Island/PokePelago arc I can see a whole exploration of the wilds of Alola. Or something random. What the hell do I know?

If there's a post-League arc, it will most probably be situated in Kanto since there's this other pattern that Orange Islands, BF and Decolore (latter one partly) are situated in Kanto (and let's not forget that GF and the writers want to make us believe that Kanto and Alola are intertwined with each other).

What about the Lugia news in a few days

I mean it's possibly (likely, even) a tease of a reveal, rather than the reveal itself, but it's going to be part of the buildup

If there's a post-League arc, it will most probably be situated in Kanto since there's this other pattern that Orange Islands, BF and Decolore (latter one partly) are situated in Kanto (and let's not forget that GF and the writers want to make us believe that Kanto and Alola are intertwined with each other).

True. Maybe Ash goes back to Kanto, challenges the gyms (maybe there are some new leaders like in Gen 2/4) and he uses Z-moves on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom