• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this is terribly fake. Nowhere near pokemon's art style. Also I can see they're just trying to copy of the girl from the upcoming movie, but they didn't even design her right, she has a pony tail.

Yeah this is terribly fake. Nowhere near pokemon's art style. Also I can see they're just trying to copy of the girl from the upcoming movie, but they didn't even design her right, she has a pony tail.

It's definitely fake, but I'm pretty sure the girl in the movie doesn't have a ponytail. Just watched the trailer and her hair doesn't look like it's up.

Last edited:
This battle system... doesen't sound have bad, but may be too drastic /vp/ - Battle system, full explain Enter a battle and pic - Pokémon - 4chan
this... eh /vp/ - Next Nintendo Direct information - Pokémon - 4chan

Last edited:
I really don't think the anime provides evidence either way as far as when the games will come out. The Ultra Guardians arc (which will almost certainly involve USM stuff) is starting in February, and we know Ula'ula Island will be introduced soon thanks to the sled race episode at Mt. Lanakila, so they could definitely finish by this November or so.

However, they could also drag it out to 2019 (especially if we're talking early 2019 instead of the usual fall release) without much difficulty. Team Skull has yet to do anything significant, there's no telling how long the Ultra Guardians arc and related stuff will last, Kukui has stated he wants to build a League in Alola, Ash needs to go through at least two more trials and kahuna battles, and he only has four Pokemon at this point (though Poipole could definitely be the fifth).

I'm sure that the above content, with a small amount of filler mixed in, could last into early 2019 if it needed to. In addition, they could easily come up with a "filler arc" as well - BW had about 30 episodes in the Decalora arc, which lasted about five months. So getting the Switch game in 2019 is possible, but the anime alone can't rule out 2018 either.

This battle system... doesen't sound have bad, but may be too drastic /vp/ - Battle system, full explain Enter a battle and pic - Pokémon - 4chan
A little bit much from what they describe here also bunch are really thinking it'll be mentioned for this upcoming direct we'll see not expecting it to unless this is a new GF.

Not sure if I grasp how the battle system works, also there is a question that's made me curious. Since the naxt game is a switch, a console, game, What are the chances it'll be a singular game this time around?

Not sure if I grasp how the battle system works, also there is a question that's made me curious. Since the naxt game is a switch, a console, game, What are the chances it'll be a singular game this time around?
Absolutely no chance. GameFreak makes two games to promote player interaction.

They could still promote interaction by coding the game in a way that would still make there be exclusives without it being 2 separate games. It might take a little doing, but they could prolly code the game so that upon first launch it loads Pokemon from one of 2 lists. There would of course still be the general Pokemon that everyone could find, but if they code in 2 lists of "exclusives" and have them be RNG'd in at the first time someone plays the game it would still cause people to need to trade.It would actually be more interesting and exciting too. No one would know right off the bat what they'd get as far as exclusives go. One person might be able to get say a Mightyena, but someone else might be able to get a Manectric.

They could still promote interaction by coding the game in a way that would still make there be exclusives without it being 2 separate games. It might take a little doing, but they could prolly code the game so that upon first launch it loads Pokemon from one of 2 lists. There would of course still be the general Pokemon that everyone could find, but if they code in 2 lists of "exclusives" and have them be RNG'd in at the first time someone plays the game it would still cause people to need to trade.It would actually be more interesting and exciting too. No one would know right off the bat what they'd get as far as exclusives go. One person might be able to get say a Mightyena, but someone else might be able to get a Manectric.
so kinda like fire emblem fates in the west

This may be too difficult for them to code, especially since they have a small amount of employees.

This may be too difficult for them to code, especially since they have a small amount of employees.

Idk why you seem to underestimate GF so much. Also do you know how hard that is to code? I won't say I do, but for all we know it's not as hard as you think it is.

so kinda like fire emblem fates in the west

FE Fates is still more than one version tho isn't it?

Idk why you seem to underestimate GF so much. Also do you know how hard that is to code? I won't say I do, but for all we know it's not as hard as you think it is.
It's because they only have 120 employees. And, it would be hard to code. They have to put in all the variables to allow this to happen and it's just too much work. And, given Japanese work culture, if they try to do something like this (like other things like changing the battle system and having level scaling) they risk working themselves to death.

Since the naxt game is a switch, a console, game, What are the chances it'll be a singular game this time around?

I wondered about this too. I feel like it's more likely they'll stick to routine and do two games versus just doing one. Honestly, making only one version doesn't benefit them in anyway since that's less money than they could be earning. Sure the Switch games would be more expensive than 3DS games, but an extra $20 really isn't that much in the long run, especially when they could get a whole $120 from people buying both games.

But overall who knows, they could surprise us and just make one game. My only other thought was them selling the games for a slightly lower price, but I really can't see that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom